Gold Coast, Queensland
Waterway along Tobin Way, 2015
|Population||3,667 (2016 census)|
|• Density||204/km2 (528/sq mi)|
|Area||18 km2 (6.9 sq mi)|
|LGA(s)||City of Gold Coast|
Tallebudgera (meaning "good fish"), originally known as Maybree, is a suburb of the Australian city of Gold Coast. At the 2016 Australian Census the suburb recorded a population of 3,667. The Tallebudgera Creek forms a part of the western and eastern border of Tallebudgera.
The traditional owners were the Tul-gi-gin people. of Australian Aborigines, Indigenous Australians now account for just 0.9% of the population of Tallebudgera, around one third of the national average of 2.5%.
Tallebudgera Golf Course is an 18-hole course at 495 Guineas Creek Road.
Tallebudgera has a number of heritage-listed sites, including:
While not heritage listed, the single lane Koplicks wooden bridge which crossed Tallebudgera Creek along Tallebudgera Connection Road is a visible sign of the rural nature of the valley and can be accessed from Scotty Logan Lane. In the 1980s, this bridge was the only crossing of the creek along Tallebudgera Connection Road and being one way, drivers had to give way to everyone heading north. The road has now been upgraded with a large 2 lane bridge but the old timber bridge has been kept and the area around it has been replanted with native species providing a delightful spot on the river.
- St Andrews Lutheran College providing education from Prep to Year 12
- Tallebudgera State School providing education from Prep to Year 6
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (27 June 2017). "Tallebudgera (State Suburb)". 2016 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 6 February 2018.
- "Tallebudgera and Valley". Gold Coast City. Archived from the original on 26 August 2006. Retrieved 31 October 2008.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (31 October 2012). "Tallebudgera (State Suburb)". 2011 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 22 September 2014.
- "Tallebudgera Post Office (former) (entry 602624)". Queensland Heritage Register. Queensland Heritage Council. Retrieved 19 June 2013.