|Products||Tally.ERP9, Tally.Server9, Tally.Developer9 and Shoper9|
Tally Solutions Pvt. Ltd., is an Indian multinational company that provides enterprise resource planning software. It is headquartered in Bengaluru, Karnataka India. The company reports that its software is used by more than 1.8 Million customers.
Tally Solutions, then known as Peutronics, was co-founded in 1986 by Shyam Sunder Goenka and his son Bharat Goenka.  Shyam Sundar Goenka was running a company that supplied raw materials and machine parts to plants and textile mills in southern and eastern India. Unable to find software that could manage his books of accounts, he asked his son, Bharat Goenka, 23, a Maths graduate to create a software application that would handle financial accounts for his business. The first version of the accounting software was launched as an MS-DOS application. It had only basic accounting functions, and was named Peutronics Financial Accountant.
- In 1999, the company formally changed its name to Tally Solutions.
- In 2006, Tally launched Tally 8.1, a concurrent multi-lingual version, and also Tally 9.
- In 2009, the company released Tally.ERP 9, a business management solution
- In 2015, the company launched a program called Vriddhi to certify and classify its business partners. Also in 2015, Tally Solutions announced the launch of Tally.ERP 9 Release 5.0 with taxation and compliance features.
- As of 2016, the company had 1 million customers.
- In 2016, Tally Solutions was shortlisted as a GST Suvidha Provider to provide interface between the new Goods and Services Tax (GST) server and taxpayers, and in 2017, the company launched its updated GST compliance software.
Tally's main product is its enterprise resource planning and accounting software called Tally.ERP 9. For large organisations with many branches, Tally.Server 9 is offered. The software handles accounting, inventory management, tax management, payroll etc.
- "Tally Solutions participates in India's biggest SME Conclave organized by NASSCOM". pcquest.com. 14 January 2019. Retrieved 14 January 2019.
- "Bharat Goenka(Tally Solutions) talks to us about the company's 'stubborn' decision to stay focussed on products". ispirit.in. 8 January 2013. Retrieved 4 July 2016.
- "Executive Profile: Bharat Goenka". bloomberg.com. Retrieved 4 July 2016.
- "Tally Solutions: a calculated move". indiatimes.com. 28 February 2005. Retrieved 4 July 2016.
- "Bharat Goenka discusses his dream of building Tally into a $1 bn company by 2015". indiatimes.com. 22 July 2011. Retrieved 4 July 2016.
- "Brief history about Tally.ERP 9 and its versions since Tally 3.0". accountsguy.net. 15 October 2014. Retrieved 4 July 2016.
- "Tally Launches Multilingual Accounting Software". CXOtoday.com. 15 January 2006. Retrieved 4 July 2016.
- "Tally launches Tally.ERP 9". thehindubusinessline.com. 18 February 2014. Retrieved 4 July 2016.
- "Tally Solutions launched new channel partner programme". indiatimes.com. 9 March 2015. Retrieved 4 July 2016.
- "Tally Solutions Set to Transform Business Taxation". ChannelWorld India. Retrieved 29 June 2017.
- "Tally Solutions clocks 1 Million Customers Globally - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 29 June 2017.
- Tyagi, Chhavi (22 June 2017). "Tally Solutions launches GST compliance software". The Economic Times. Retrieved 29 June 2017.
- PTI (9 December 2016). "TCS, Deloitte, EY among 34 cos shortlisted for providing GST interface". The Hindu Business Line. Retrieved 29 June 2017.
- Live Mint
- "Business Strategy: A Case of Tally Solutions Pvt. Ltd.". CMRD Journal of Management Research. pp. 56–59.
- Business Standard
- Business Standard
- The Hindu