|Headquarters||Bangalore, Karnataka, India|
|Products||Tally.ERP9, Tally.Server9, Tally.Developer9 and Shoper9|
Number of employees
Tally Solutions Pvt Ltd is an Indian multinational company that provides enterprise resource planning software. It is headquartered in Bangalore, Karnataka India. The company reports that its software is used by more than 1 Million customers.
Tally Solutions, then known as Peutronics, was co-founded in 1986 by Shyam Sunder Goenka and his son Bharat Goenka. Shyam Sunder Goenka was running a company that supplied raw materials and machine parts to plants and textile mills in southern and eastern India. Unable to find a software that can manage his books of accounts, he asked his son, Bharat Goenka, 23, a math graduate to create a software that would handle financial accounts for his business. The first version of the accounting software was launched as an MS-DOS application. It had only basic accounting functions, and was named Peutronics Financial Accountant. It was known as the first codeless package, a feature that made it easy for most people to use.
In 1990, the product was renamed as Tally 3.0
In 1999, the company formally changed its name to Tally Solutions.
In 2005, Tally 7.2 was launched with features designed to meet Indian value-added taxation (VAT) requirements.
In 2006, Tally launched Tally 8.1, a concurrent multi-lingual version.
In 2009, the company released Tally.ERP 9, offering complete business management solution
In 2015, the company launched a program called Vriddhi to certify and classify its business partners.
Tally's main product is its Enterprise Resource Planning Software called Tally.ERP 9 with single user and multi-user licences. For large organisations with many branches, Tally.Server 9 is offered. The software handles accounting, inventory management, tax management, payroll etc.
- "Tally Solutions clocks 1 Million Customers Globally". indiatimes.com. 2016-05-04. Retrieved 2016-07-04.
- "Bharat Goenka(Tally Solutions) talks to us about the company’s ‘stubborn’ decision to stay focussed on products". ispirit.in. 2013-01-08. Retrieved 2016-07-04.
- "Executive Profile: Bharat Goenka". bloomberg.com. Retrieved 2016-07-04.
- "Tally Solutions: a calculated move". indiatimes.com. 2005-02-28. Retrieved 2016-07-04.
- "Bharat Goenka discusses his dream of building Tally into a $1 bn company by 2015". indiatimes.com. 2011-07-22. Retrieved 2016-07-04.
- "Brief history about Tally.ERP 9 and its versions since Tally 3.0". accountsguy.net. 2014-10-15. Retrieved 2016-07-04.
- "Tally Launches Multilingual Accounting Software". CXOtoday.com. 2006-01-15. Retrieved 2016-07-04.
- "Tally launches Tally.ERP 9". thehindubusinessline.com. 2014-02-18. Retrieved 2016-07-04.
- "Tally Solutions launched new channel partner programme". indiatimes.com. 2015-03-09. Retrieved 2016-07-04.