|Industry||Computer software (Pankaj Goswami)|
|Founder||Shyam Sunder Goenka|
Tally's software is mainly used for vouchers, financial statements, and taxation in many industries, and has specialised packages for retail businesses. More advanced capabilities are found in its enterprise resource planning package.
Tally.ERP 9 has advanced integration capabilities in the form of Application programming interfaces to make the tensible. Tally interacts with Software application using XML, ODBC and DLL technologies.
Tally Solutions offers four products:
- Tally.ERP 9
- Tally.Developer 9
- Shoper 9
- Tally.Server 9
Sales of Tally's Products, viz. Tally.ERP 9 and Shoper 9, are done through a network of Tally Partners. Tally follows a 2-tier Channel Structure with the top tier called as Master Tally Partners (MTP) and the second tier being called as Tally Partners or Secondary Tally Partners (STP). Tally has around 140 MTP's and around 18,000 Tally Partners. Tally channel partners are structured by service or product as follows:
- Tally Partners (TP) handle sales and installation and are often the customer's first point of contact.
- Tally Extenders (TE) provide productised modules or solutions to specific requirements.
- Tally Integrators (TI) are commissioned for large scale deployment, system integration, product enhancements and large solutions.
- Tally Service Partners (TSP) are a certified service system that delivers support services.
Small and medium enterprises (SME) of India are major users of Tally, which has a registered subscriber base of 550,000 users. Much of Tally's success has been attributed to the thousands of Chartered Accounts in India that use the software and recommend it to their clients. This strategy, to work with Chartered Accounts throughout India to distribute their software, has been substantiated by a research report and newsletter published by Intuit in 2012, in which they found that the accountant in India is the "most trusted business advisor – their influencer" for small Indian businesses.
S. S. Goenka was the founding chairperson of Tally Solutions Private Limited.
Bharat Goenka is the Co-Founder & Managing Director of Tally Solutions Private Limited. He has been awarded the Lifetime Achievement Award by NASSCOM, and a Lifetime Achievement Award by CellIT, an IT channel magazine.
Thirty software companies of India, who are in the business of product development – including Tally Solutions – have formed an association named Indian Software Product Industry Round Table, or iSpirt, breaking away from NASSCOM. Later, NASSCOM refused to view this as a 'breakaway group', and assured supporting activities of iSpirit.
Awards and recognition
Tally won the FY2013-14 Channel Champion crown on the back of high scores on price performance, channel profitability, channel marketing, pre-sales support, and channel policy 
Tally was awarded the Best ERP Software For SMB - 2014 
In 2004, the company was awarded the Golden Rhino award by 360 Magazine.
- "Interface & Integrate-ability". tallysolutions.com. Retrieved June 22, 2011.
- "Integration Capabilities". tallysolutions.com. Retrieved June 22, 2011.
- "Tally Solutions restructures business". The Hindu. 23 March 2011. Retrieved 9 February 2013.
- "Tally Solutions aims to double revenues in 2011-12". The Times of India. PTI. 10 April 2011. Retrieved 9 February 2013.
- Saksena, Aniket; Walker, Adam. "Indian SMBs & The (Passing) Tech Train".
- John, Sujit; Phadnis, Shilpa (4 February 2013). "30 software companies break away from Nasscom". The Times of India. TNN. Retrieved 9 February 2013.
- "CELLIT Confers Lifetime Achievement Award to Shri Bharat Goenka & Shri Narendra Bansal". Cell IT Digital Media. 15 December 2012. Retrieved 24 January 2013.
- Chandran, Pradeesh (4 February 2013). "Software product firms join hands to form new 'think tank'". Business Standard. Retrieved 9 February 2013.
- "Tally Wins The Channel Champion Crown For Software Application". CRN INdia. 9 July 2014. Retrieved 1 December 2014.
- "Tally Solutions wins Best ERP Software For SMB - 2014". varindia. 13 November 2014. Retrieved 1 December 2014.
- "Tally Solutions wins Golden Rhino award". The Times of India. 24 May 2004. Retrieved 9 February 2013.