Talmadge Hill station
Central shelter at the station
1 Talmadge Hill Road|
New Canaan, CT, 06840-6712
|Platforms||1 side platform|
|Electrified||12,500V (AC) overhead catenary|
The Talmadge Hill Metro-North Railroad station is a railroad station in the Talmadge Hill section of New Canaan, Connecticut, along the New Canaan Branch of the New Haven Line. It is officially located at 1 Talmadge Hill Road in New Canaan.
The Talmadge Hill station has a central shelter typical of other small stations on the New Haven line. The shelter seats eight. Right next to it, the station has a second shelter for commuters to stand in and, at both ends of the long platform, two smaller shelters, also without seats. Parking is on several terraced levels. There are 2 parking lots to the west of the station and to the east there are 6 lots. The 2 lots furthest to the east are for daily parking which is $5 per day. There is no overnight parking for daily customers. All other lots are for monthly commuters who must be residents of New Canaan.
The station is close to CT15 ( The Merritt Parkway ) and CT106
Ownership and upkeep
The station is owned by the Connecticut Department of Transportation, and the New Canaan town government owns the 311-space parking lot, except for 18 spaces just across the tracks from the platform.
The town's services to the two railroad stations are provided by three town agencies and a private cleaning company hired by the town:
- The town Public Works Department, which reports directly to the first selectman (the elected, chief executive officer of the town government);
- The town police department, which does not report formally to the first selectman;
- The town Department of Parking Operations, which reports directly to the town Parking Commission
- A private company hired for "housekeeping" and cleaning, which reports directly to the first selectman.
|ConnDOT||Town||MNR||Town||Town||Town||Town||Town||Town handles all aspects except lights|
This station has one four-car-long high-level side platform to the west of the track.
|Street level||Exit/entrance and parking|
|Side platform, doors will open on the left or right|
|Track 1||← New Canaan Branch toward Grand Central or Stamford (Springdale)|
New Canaan Branch toward New Canaan (Terminus) →
- Connecticut Rail Commuter Council is the official state advocate for commuters and brings station problems to the attention of officials.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Talmadge Hill (Metro-North station).|
- Metro North Railroad - Talmadge Hill
- List of upcoming train departure times from MTA
- Connecticut Department of Transportation Individual Station Report for Talmadge Hill, 2007
- Original Tallmadge Hill Train Station (New Canaan Railroad)
- Station from Talmadge Hill Road from Google Maps Street View