|District||Judea and Samaria Area|
Talmon (Hebrew: טַלְמוֹן) is an Israeli settlement in the West Bank. Located in the West Binyamin at an elevation of nearly 600 metres and 18 km east of Modiin, it is organised as a community settlement and falls under the jurisdiction of Mateh Binyamin Regional Council. In 2019 it had a population of 4,575.
Israel has confiscated land from several Palestinian villages in order to construct Talmon:
- 289 dunams from Al-Zaitounah,
- land from private Palestinians citizens of Al-Janiya,
- Gilad Sha'er, 16-year-old killed in the 2014 kidnapping and murder of Israeli teenagers
- "Population in the Localities 2019" (XLS). Israel Central Bureau of Statistics. Retrieved 16 August 2020.
- "The Geneva Convention". BBC News. 10 December 2009. Retrieved 27 November 2010. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- AL-Zaytouneh Town Profile, ARIJ, p. 18
- Al-Itihad Town Profile (Beitillu, Jammala & Deir 'Ammar), ARIJ, pp. 16-17
- Al Janiya Village Profile, ARIJ, pp. 15-16
- A walk in the hills, by Raja Shehadeh, December 1, 2008
- Separate and Unequal: Israel’s Discriminatory Treatment of Palestinians in the Occupied Palestinian Territories, HRW, 2010
- Seven days, five years: A week visiting my family in Israel, David Meir Grossman, July 28, 2014, Tablet
- Nehemiah 12 / Hebrew Bible in English Mechon-Mamre