|• Malay||Taman Jurong|
|• Tamil||தமான் ஜுராங்|
Taman Jurong is a residential precinct in Jurong, Singapore. It is one of the oldest residential precincts in Singapore and a division of Jurong GRC, with the area's HDB flats under the management of Jurong-Clementi Town Council and Tharman Shanmugaratnam as the area's MP.
- 1 Neighbouring Areas
- 2 Residential Areas
- 3 Transportation
- 4 Schools
- 5 Recreational
- 6 Town Centre
- 7 Places of Worship
- 8 Healthcare
- 9 Security
- 10 Industrial Areas
- 11 External links
||Boon Lay||Hong Kah||Yuhua|
|Pioneer Sector||Jurong Lake|
|Jurong Port||Teban Gardens|
The precinct has a good mixture of private and public residential areas.
Public residential Areas
|1984||Corporation Drive||349-351, 365-368, 118|
|1984||Kang Ching Road||333-335, 339, 345-348, 352-355|
|1983||Tah Ching Road||321-338|
|1983||Yung An Road||357-364, 369|
|1978||Ho Ching Road||111-117, 119-120|
|1979||Yuan Ching Road||121-122, 138-139|
|1979||Yung Sheng Road||177-184|
|1977||Yung Kuang Road||175-176, 63-66|
|1977||Yung Ping Road||159-163|
|1977||Yung Loh Road||155-158|
|1976||Yung Ho Road||151-154|
Private residential areas
- The Lakefront Residences
- Lake Life
- Lakepoint Condominium
- Lakeside Apartments
- Lakeside Towers
- Yuan Ching Road Apartments (Parkview Mansions)
- Kang Ching Road Apartments
- Lakeside Grove
The main roads in the precinct are Corporation Road, Corporation Drive, Yung Ho Road, and Yuan Ching Road, which connects the precinct to the rest of the island through the AYE(exits 15A and 15B), with minor roads (Yung Loh/Ping/An/Kuang/Sheng Roads, Hu/Tao/Ho/Tah/Kang Ching Roads, Corporation Rise/Walk Roads and Japanese/Chinese Garden Roads) winding through the various places in the precinct.
Feeder bus services
The precinct is linked to Lakeside MRT Station through feeder service 240 which zips through the town via Corporation Drive and loops at Yung Ho Road, Corporation Road, Jalan Ahmad Ibrahim and Yuan Ching Road, providing connection to the MRT System for residents staying in the precinct.
Trunk bus Services
The trunk services in Taman Jurong connects residents staying in the precinct to the other precincts in Singapore. There are 6 trunk services that plies through Taman Jurong via the different roads.
Yuan Ching Road:
- 154 connects residents to Teban Gardens, Pandan Gardens, Clementi, Bukit Timah, Toa Payoh, Potong Pasir, Mac Pherson, Geylang and Eunos. It also provides direct connection to Jurong Point Shopping Centre.
- 98 connects residents to Jurong Port, Jurong West, Yuhua and Jurong East. It also provides connection to Lakeside MRT Station.
- 30 connects residents to Teban Gardens, Pandan Gardens, West Coast, Pasir Panjang, Buona Vista, Telok Blangah, Habourfront, Tanjong Pagar, Marina Bay, East Coast, Kallang, Geylang, Eunos and Bedok.
- 246 connects residents to Pioneer Sector and Boon Lay. It also provides connection to Lakeside MRT Station.
- 49 connects residents to Jurong West Street 51/42/41. It also provides connection to Lakeside MRT Station.
- 178 connects residents to Teban Gardens, Yuhua, Bukit Batok, Bukit Panjang, Kranji and Woodlands.
- 79 connects residents to the Pioneer Sector, Jurong Port, Teban Gardens and Jurong East.
There are 5 parks in Taman Jurong, namely Jurong Lake Park along Yuan Ching Road, Taman Jurong Park at Yung Loh Road, Taman Jurong Greens at Yung An Road, Lakeside Ground Playground at Corporation Walk and a neighbourhood park at Yung Ho Road. Track and Field activities can be carried out at the Jurong Stadium, Futsal at Jurong Futsal Outdoor Centre, Bowling at Superbowl Jurong, Fishing at Lakeside Fishing Centre and Country Club activities at the Fairway Club of Palm Resort, which are located along Corporation Road and Yuan Ching Road respectively.
The town centre is located along Yung Sheng Road, consisting of Taman Jurong Community Centre, Taman Jurong Food and Market Centre and Taman Jurong Shopping Centre. It is accessible through all the bus services except 154 and 49.
Places of Worship
There are 1 temple (Bo Tien Temple), 1 mosque (Masjid Assyakirin) and 3 churches (Jurong Christian Church, Calvary Bible-Presbyterian Church and Agape Methodist Church) in this precinct.
Jurong West's only hospital is in this precinct. Known as the West Point Hospital, it is a 24-Hour A&E and Walk-in Clinic that is located along Corporation Drive. It is accessible through all the bus services in this precinct except 178 and 154 and 49.
The CISCO Recall Centre is located here, at the junction of Corporation Road and Yung Ho Road
At the southern tip of Taman Jurong, there are 2 industrial developments, The Agape at the junction of Yuan Ching Road and Yung Ho Road and Corporation Place at the junction of Corporation Road and Jalan Ahmad Ibrahim.
- Taman Jurong Community Website
- Jurong Town Council
- Jurong Christian Church
- Calvary Bible-Presbyterian Church
- West Point Hospital