|This article does not cite any references or sources. (February 2014)|
Taman Melawati is a self-contained town located in Ulu Klang, district of Gombak, Selangor. It is administered by the Ampang Jaya Municipal Council (MPAJ). The town's postcode is 53100, which falls under the jurisdiction of Kuala Lumpur. With Selangor losing out in having it under its name by a margin, Kuala Lumpur is technically considered its home.
Melawati is dubbed the “Hollywood” of Malaysia with all the local celebrity spotting one can do when in the area, as many of Malaysia’s most famous reside in its premises.
The International School of Kuala Lumpur (Elementary Campus) and the Malaysian Institute of Art (MIA) are located in this town. There is a private hospital, Damai Service Hospital, and a clubhouse, KKlub. The National Zoo of Malaysia (Zoo Negara) is nearby. One of the hills in this town, Bukit Tabur, is a popular hiking spot while the main entrance of the Klang Gates Dam is found on a hill in this town.
This town is located along Kuala Lumpur Middle Ring Road 2. It is linked to the city centre via Jalan Ampang, Ampang-Kuala Lumpur Elevated Highway and Genting Klang-Pahang Highway while the Duta-Ulu Klang Expressway is located nearby. This town can be accessed by public transport using Rapid KL buses U20 and U23 from Titiwangsa LRT station and Rapid KL bus T304 from Sri Rampai LRT station.
- SK Taman Melawati
- SK Taman Melawati (2)
- SMK Taman Melawati
- SJK(T) Taman Melawati
- "Taman Melawati". www.durianproperty.com.my. DurianProperty.com.my. Retrieved 21 Jan 2013.
- "Ulu Klang". www.durianproperty.com.my. DurianProperty.com.my. Retrieved 8 Dec 2014.
- "Gombak". www.durianproperty.com.my. DurianProperty.com.my. Retrieved 8 Dec 2014.
- "Selangor". www.durianproperty.com.my. DurianProperty.com.my. Retrieved 13 Aug 2013.
- "Kuala Lumpur". www.durianproperty.com.my. DurianProperty.com.my. Retrieved 13 Aug 2013.
- "Taman Melawati". www.propertyguru.com.my. PropertyGuru.com.my. Retrieved 24 November 2014.