Dobson as Cleopatra Jones, 1973.
|Born||Tamara Janice Dobson
May 14, 1947
|Died||October 2, 2006
|Cause of death||Complications from Pneumonia and Multiple Sclerosis|
|Education||Maryland Institute College of Art|
Tamara Janice Dobson (May 14, 1947 - October 2, 2006) was an African-American actress and fashion model. Though she appeared in a few films in Hollywood, she became best known for her title roles in the 1973 Blaxploitation film Cleopatra Jones and its 1975 sequel Cleopatra Jones and the Casino of Gold.
Dobson was born in Baltimore, Maryland on May 14, 1947. She started as a beautician. Dobson started her modeling career doing fashion shows at her school, Maryland Institute College of Art, where she also received her degree in fashion illustration. While studying, she was discovered in 1969 and began to film commercials and modeling.
After school, she moved from Maryland to New York to model and act full-time. Dobson eventually became a fashion model for Vogue Magazine, in addition to modeling for Essence magazine. She was also in TV commercials for Revlon, Fabergé, and Chanel. Dobson is also recognized by the Guinness book of world records as the "Tallest Leading Lady in Film", standing at 6 foot 2 inches.
- Come Back, Charleston Blue (1972) - (uncredited) 
- Fuzz (1972) - Rochelle
- Cleopatra Jones (1973) - Cleopatra Jones
- Cleopatra Jones and the Casino of Gold (1975) - Cleopatra Jones
- Norman... Is That You? (1976) - Audrey
- Murder at the World Series (TV) (1977) - Lisa
- Chained Heat (1983) - Duchess
- Amazons (TV) (1984) - Rosalund Joseph (Last appearance)
- "Tamara Dobson, 59; Former Model Starred in `Cleopatra Jones' Movies". The Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 2011-01-30.
- "Smart, Tall and Beautiful, Tamara Dobson | African American Registry". www.aaregistry.org. Retrieved 2015-12-05.
- David Michael Ettlin (October 6, 2006). "Cleopatra Jones star Tamara Dobson dies at 59". Houston Chronicle. Retrieved 2011-01-30.
- "Tamara Dobson, 59, Model and Actress, Dies". The New York Times. October 6, 2006. Retrieved 2011-01-30.
- "Actress Tamara Dobson, 59, starred as `Cleopatra Jones'". Baltimore Sun. October 5, 2006. Retrieved 2011-01-30.