Tamara Yajia (born November 22, 1983) is an Argentinian-American comedian, writer, actress and musician.
She is best known for her Twitter persona, hailed by Playboy Magazine, Some Of The Loom, and Crave Magazine as "one of the funniest women on Twitter" and recently included in Paste Magazine's "75 Best Twitter Accounts".
As a writer, Yajia is a frequent contributor to ClickHole, and Funny Or Die. Her play, Cumming of Age, had a sold-out run at The Son Of Semele in Los Angeles in 2015. Yajia is currently a permanent member of the writing staff at Funny or Die and has created several series for the network. She is best known for Funny or Die's "Me Llamo Alma", "Tam Gets Drunk And Watches..." as well as her celebrity interviews.
She is also a contributor at Merry Jane, Snoop Dogg's lifestyle website.
Yajia is also a musician; she is a founding member of Los Angeles band Ellipses, and is a featured vocalist on TBS' The Detour with Jason Jones and Samantha Bee. Her song, "Annex", written by Rob Kolar and Jason Jones, is on TBS' The Detour Season One Soundtrack.
- Nelson, Jenny (2015-06-12). "Tamara Yajia (@DancesWithTamis) on Crass Comedy and Sharing Her Twitter with Family". Splitsider. Retrieved 2017-02-16.
- Stosuy, Brandon. "Tamara Yajia on Having a Day Job". thecreativeindependent.com. Retrieved 2017-02-16.
- Jackson, Josh. "30 Comedians Worth Following on Twitter". pastemagazine.com. Retrieved 2017-02-16.
- Shirley, Matt (2016-04-25). "30 Top Twitter Comedians Tell Us the Story Behind Their Best Joke | Playboy". Playboy. Retrieved 2017-02-16.
- "The 75 Best Twitter Accounts of 2016". pastemagazine.com. Retrieved 2017-02-16.
- Fee, Rob (2016-04-05). "30 Of The Funniest Women You Should Be Following On Twitter - CraveOnline". CraveOnline. Retrieved 2017-02-16.
- Flowers, Jason. "27 Goodest Tweets We Scrolled Past This Week #17". Funny Or Die. Retrieved 2017-02-16.
- Feuer, Daiana. "TAMARA YAJIA: LIFE IS WONDERFUL". Retrieved 2017-02-16.
- Kolar, Rob. "The Detour Soundtrack (2016)". www.soundtrack.net. Retrieved 2017-02-16.