South gate of the station
|Location||Momoyama-Tsutsui Iga-nishimachi, Fushimi, Kyoto, Kyoto
|Operated by||Keihan Electric Railway|
|Line(s)||Keihan Main Line|
|Previous names||Momoyama (until 1913)|
|Passengers (FY2015)||19.5 million|
The station opened on April 15, 1910, when Keihan Electric Railway opened its first section between Gojō in Kyoto and Temmabashi in Osaka. The name of the station was originally Momoyama Station (桃山駅 Momoyama-eki). On July 29, 1913, the station was renamed in order to clarify that the station is not convenient for the newly raised Fushimi Momoyama Tomb of Emperor Meiji, the nearest station of which is Fushimi-Momoyama Station (as renamed from Fushimi in 1915).
Tambabashi Station was promoted to a limited express stop on July 1, 2000. Since then all types of trains on the Keihan Main Line make stop at the station.
There are two island platforms with four tracks on the ground.
|1, 2||■ Keihan Line||for Sanjo and Demachiyanagi|
|3, 4||■ Keihan Line||for Chushojima, Hirakatashi, Yodoyabashi and Nakanoshima|
|Keihan Main Line|
|Fushimi-Momoyama||Commuter Sub Express (on weekdays, only running for Yodoyabashi or Nakanoshima)||Sumizome|
|Chūshojima||Commuter Rapid Express (on weekdays, only running for Nakanoshima)||Shichijō|
|Chūshojima||Rapid Limited Express
(on Saturdays, Sundays and holidays during the tourist seasons and new year period)
- 第8章 都市施設 [Chapter 8: Urban facilities]. 京都市統計書 [Statistics of Kyoto City] (in Japanese). City of Kyoto. 2017.
- Takayama, Reizō. 京阪電気鉄道 駅の今昔 [Keihan Electric Railway Stations Now and Then]. The Railway Pictorial (in Japanese). Tokyo: Denkisha Kenkyūkai Tetsudō-Tosho Kankōkai (822, August 2009 Extra): 134.
- Nakamura, Takayuki. 京阪電気鉄道 列車運転の興味 [Keihan Electric Railway Train Operation of Interest]. The Railway Pictorial (in Japanese). Tokyo: Denkisha Kenkyūkai Tetsudō-Tosho Kankōkai (822, August 2009 Extra): 206.
- Station map (Keihan Electric Railway) (in English)
- Tambabashi Station information (Keihan Electric Railway) (in Japanese)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Tambabashi Station.|