|Birth name||Rahem Brown|
|Also known as||Tamer Dizzle|
|Born||March 20, 1970|
|Origin||Newark, New Jersey|
|Years active||1988 – present|
Rahem Brown (born March 20, 1970), better known by his stage name Tame One, is an American hip hop recording artist from New Jersey. He is founding member of duos such as Artifacts and Leak Bros, as well as the hip hop supergroup The Weathermen. Tame One, along with Jay Burnz Jay, are Founder and Co-founder of the super hip hop group The Boom Skwad since 1992, of which Tame One is President. He appointed Jay Burnz Jay as Vice President of The Boom Skwad.
Tame One together with El Da Sensei released their "graffiti-honoring debut" album Between a Rock and a Hard Place in 1994, and a follow up album That's Them in 1997. Tame One has released two albums with the Artifacts, six solo albums, three mixtapes, and three collaborations one with former labelmate Cage as Leak Bros (Waterworld), one with Del The Funky Homosapien (Parallel Uni-verses) and The Revolution album with Dro Pesci and Nick Jackelson. He has worked with artists such as Aesop Rock, El-P, DJ Mr. Len, Breeze Brewin, Travis McCoy, Vast Aire, Yak Ballz, Hussein Fatal, Mos Def, Dro Pesci, Big Daddy Rap Beast, and KRS-One. He joined the underground supergroup the Weathermen which was formed in 2002 by Cage and El-P, and the same year he released his first solo album and EC debut named When Rappers Attack. His second solo album O.G. Bobby Johnson appeared in 2005. Next year he issued his next album called Slow Suicide Stimulus, a cooperative project with the Dusted Dons.
In July 2009 Tame One released a music video for his single "Anxiety Attacks" the video was directed by Derek Pike. Credited for making HipHop's first song about "Molly" (MDMA, the active ingredient in Ecstasy). At this time Tame met Staten Island rapper Dro Pesci and producer Nick Jackelson together they recorded the yet to be released album "The Revolution".
He also has released a new EP for free download at slangcorp.com called "Hell or High Water", produced entirely by DJ Junkwaffel. Currently working on a reunion Artifacts album with El Da Sensei and DJKaos 1200 (2014) as well promoting a Boom Skwad Recordings solo mix cd entitled "Skwadzilla"
He is Redman's first cousin.
|2003||When Rappers Attack||High Times Records|
|2005||O.G. Bobby Johnson||Eastern Conference|
|2007||The Grudge||Division East|
|2008||Da Ol Jersey Bastard||Amalgam Digital|
|2009||Acid Tab Vocab with Parallel Thought||Parallel Thought LTD.|
|2009||Parallel Uni-Verses with Del The Funky Homosapien||Gold Dust Media|
|2010||Hell or High Water (EP)||Slangcorp|
|1998||In The Area / Human Torch with Ammbush||Not On Label|
|1999||Trife Type Times||Fat Beats|
|2000||Crazee||Boom Skwad Recordings|
|2003||When Rappers Attack||Eastern Conference|
|2004||Da Muzik||Ahead Recordings|
|2010||Hell Or High Water EP||Slangcorp|
- The Conspiracy (2003)
Slow Suicide Stimulus
- Slow Suicide Stimulus (2006) (with Dusted Dons)
with Del the Funky Homosapien
- Parallel Uni-Verses (2009)
with Dro Pesci and Nick Jackelson
- The Revolution (yet to be released)
- https://www.facebook.com/TAMEONE/about?section=overview[user-generated source]
- TAME-ONE.COM :: Official Web Site of the Notty-Headed Terror in Ghetto Minor
- Tame One Retrieved on 21 Feb 2018
- Tame One Retrieved on 21 Feb 2018
- Cyril Cordor. "Biography", allmusic, undated. Link retrieved July 13, 2009.
- Tom Dogget. "Tame One :: Spazmatic :: Blazin' Records", rapreviews, March 28, 2006. Link retrieved July 13, 2009.
- Vincent Thomas. "Spazmatic", allmusic, undated. Link retrieved July 13, 2009.
- Steve 'Flash' Juon. "Tame One :: When Rappers Attack :: Eastern Conference Records", rapreviews, March 4, 2003. Link retrieved July 13, 2009.
- Jason MacNeil. "When Rappers Attack", allmusic, undated. Link retrieved July 13, 2009.