|Traded as||SIX: TAMN|
|Revenue||CHF 1064 million (2015)|
Number of employees
Tamedia AG is a media company headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland. Through a portfolio of daily and weekly newspapers, magazines and digital platforms, as well as own printing facilities, it is the largest media group in the country. Since 2000, Tamedia has been listed on the Swiss Stock Exchange.
Tamedia owns a wide range of daily and weekly newspapers and magazines in different languages. One of Tamedia's most important publications is the Tages-Anzeiger, a daily newspaper based in Zurich. Tamedia also owns the weekly SonntagsZeitung, the free national newspaper 20 Minuten, the free Tagblatt der Stadt Zürich, the weekly financial newspaper Finanz und Wirtschaft, the women's magazine Annabelle, the family magazine Schweizer Familie, the television supplement TV täglich, and the daily newspapers Thurgauer Zeitung and Zürichsee-Zeitung.
Further publications of Tamedia are:
- Newspapers: 20 minutes, 20 minuti, 24 heures, Bernerbär, Berner Oberländer, BZ Berner Zeitung, BZ Langenthaler Tagblatt, Der Bund, Der Landbote, Furttaler, GHI Genève Home Information, Journal de Morges, Lausanne Cités, Le Matin, Le Matin Dimanche, Rümlanger, Sihltaler, Thalwiler Anzeiger, Thuner Tagblatt, Tribune de Genève, Züricher Unterländer, Zürichsee-Zeitung, Züritipp, L’Essentiel (in cooperation with publisher Editpress in Luxembourg), MetroXpress (Denmark)
- Magazines: 20 Minuten Friday, Bilan, Encore, Das Magazin, Femina, Guide TV, Tribune des Arts, Télétop Matin
Between 2001 and 2011, the company also owned several local channels such as TeleZüri, Radio 24, and Radio Basilisk. Following the takeover of Edipresse's Swiss operations, Tamedia sold its Radio and TV channels in 2011.
Besides its publishing segments, the media group Tamedia owns a digital portfolio with different online platforms.
Tamedia is the leading participant of Newsnet, a joint venture of the Basler Zeitung as well as the Tamedia-owned newspapers BZ Berner Zeitung, Tages-Anzeiger, Der Bund, Le Matin, Tribune de Genève and 24 heures. Newsnet's editorial staff produces news content for these newspapers' web portals. In 2015, the media group introduced the 12-App (#12) which presents the day’s top stories from 21 editorial teams within Tamedia. And with 20minuten.ch, Tamedia owns the biggest online newssite with the most unique clients in Switzerland.
- Acquisitions: autoricardo.ch, car4you, Doodle, homegate.ch, hommages.ch, Olmero & renovero.ch, ricardo.ch, Starticket, Trendsales, tutti.ch
- Participations: Book A Tiger, JobCloud AG, local.ch & search.ch, moneypark.ch, Tradono, Zattoo
Its Zurich headquarters, completed in 2013, were designed by Japanese architect Shigeru Ban. Consisting of seven stories and 10,120 square metres (108,900 sq ft), the building uses timber as its main structural system, which is visible through its large glass windows.
- "334 Mio. Gewinn: Tamedia mit Rekordergebnis trotz rückläufigem Umsatz". Kleinreport. 16 March 2016.
- "The Quality of the Media" (PDF). fög / University of Zurich. p. 7. Retrieved 1 December 2014.
- "Tamedia übernimmt Edipresse". Neue Zürcher Zeitung. 3 March 2009.
- ""Annabelle" erscheint nur noch alle drei Wochen". Kleinreport. 20 September 2015.
- "Media". Tamedia.ch.
- "Peter Wanner kauft TeleZüri und TeleBärn". Tages-Anzeiger. 23 August 2011. Retrieved 15 March 2016.
- "Digital". Tamedia.ch.
- "Der neue Tages-Anzeiger Online im Test". Tages-Anzeiger. 5 August 2008. Retrieved 28 September 2008.
- "#12 – Jetzt auch für Android". tagesanzeiger.ch. 8 February 2016.
- "Net-Metrix". Net-Metrix.ch.
- "Tamedia Office Building / Shigeru Ban Architects". ArchDaily. 24 February 2014. Retrieved 8 September 2015.
|This article about a publishing company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Switzerland-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|