16 April 1977 |
|Notable work||3 Non Blondes
Tameka Empson (born 16 April 1977) is a British stage and screen actress and comedian who is perhaps best known for being one of the three protagonists in the hidden-camera comedy sketch show 3 Non-Blondes. Since 2009, she has been a full-time cast member of EastEnders, playing Kim Fox, who is the sister of Denise Fox, and wife of Vincent Hubbard.
As well as her television work, Empson has appeared in a number of films. In 1996, she appeared in the film Beautiful Thing as Leah Russell, the next-door neighbour of the main characters. Empson worked alongside Linda Henry, both of whom would eventually join the cast of EastEnders; in 1998 she appeared as the love rival to the main character in the film Babymother.
Empson is an experienced theatre actress having performed as Billie in the original cast of Our House, a musical featuring songs from the ska/pop band Madness, which premiered at The Cambridge Theatre in October 2002 and ran on until August 2003. She has since been a mainstay of the Hackney Empire annual pantomimes.
In 2008, Empson appeared in the BBC sitcom Beautiful People and in the ITV1 thriller Whitechapel. In 2009 she joined the cast of EastEnders, playing Kim Fox, the half-sister of Denise Fox (played by Diane Parish). As a result, she has won several awards including an Inside Soap award in 2012 for "Funniest Female Performance". She took maternity leave from EastEnders and returned to screens August 2014.
Empson is a regular performer at the Hackney Empire starring in the theatre's annual pantomime since 2004; she has also starred in Anansi and the Magic Mirror and has a live sketch and comedy show (The Kat and Tameka Show) with Choice FM DJ Kat B.
On 22 August 2016, Empson was revealed as a contestant participating on the 14th series of Strictly Come Dancing. She was partnered with professional dancer Gorka Márquez. They were the second couple to leave the competition.
- Other: Mi High
- 2016 Strictly Come Dancing - Participant
- 2014: Lily's Driftwood Bay – Hatsie (2014)
- 2011: EastEnders E20 – Kim Fox
- 2010: StreetDance 3D – Sharonda
- 2009: EastEnders – Kim Fox (2009–present)
- 2008: Beautiful People – Tameka/Johoyo (6 episodes, 2008–2009)
- 2009: Skellig – Nurse 1
- 2009: Whitechapel – Mrs. Buki (3 episodes, 2009)
- 2007: Learners – Gloria
- 2006: Notes on a Scandal – Antonia Robinson
- 2003: 3 Non Blondes – Herself
- 2002: Babyfather – Sherene (3 episodes, 2002)
- 2002: Silent Cry – Hairdresser
- 2002: Out of the Game – Karen
- 2002: Long Time Dead – Girl student
- 2001: The Martins – Mo
- 2001: Lava – Maxine
- 2001: Sam's Game – Marcia (6 episodes, 2001)
- 2001: Goodbye Charlie Bright – Kay
- 1998: Babymother – Dionne – her rival
- 1998: I Want You – Cut Ear Salon Woman
- 1997: Food of Love – Alice
- 1996: Beautiful Thing – Leah Russell
- "Tameka Empson". Sony Pictures.
- The Big Interview: Tameka Empson | Official London Theatre Guide
- Green, Kris (17 September 2009). "EXCLUSIVE: Robbie Gee to guest in 'EastEnders'". Digital Spy. Retrieved 17 September 2009.
- "2012 Winners". Inside Soap.
- Jefferies, Mark (February 21, 2014). "Kim Fox EastEnders disappearance explained: Actress Tameka Empson is heavily pregnant". Daily Mirror.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Tameka Empson.|