|Alma mater||Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising|
(m. 2002; div. 2007)
(m. 2007; div. 2009)
Tameka J. Foster (born January 1, 1971) is an American wardrobe stylist and the ex-wife of singer Usher. Tameka has worked as a personal stylist for Lauryn Hill, Jay-Z, Usher, Toni Braxton, Ciara, Patti LaBelle, Nas and more.
Foster attended the Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising in 1994, followed by a Merchandising Marketing major in Los Angeles. Her professional career started with her employment as a salesperson; she has also worked in management. During her attendance at the Fashion Institute, Foster worked for Armani in the retail store and since then, has styled numerous international celebrities including Jay-Z, Ciara, Nas and Mary J. Blige.
Foster's work as a stylist gained attention of network cables MTV, E! and Access Hollywood. She has also been featured in In Style, People Weekly, Glamour, Vibe, Essence and the covers of Essence, Sister 2 Sister and Upscale Magazine.
Foster is credited as the founder of charity organization The Lost Ones Foundation, founded in 2009. The non-profit organization is a motivational group for teenage girls. She also runs Kile's World, a non-profit organization focused on remembering her son, Kile.
On August 18, 2014 Foster joined the cast of VH1 spin-off show Atlanta Exes. Foster stars in the VH-1 reality series Atlanta Exes which aired August 18, 2014 alongside Christina Johnson, Torrei Hart, Sheree Buchanan and Monyetta Shaw.
She has five children, Darren (b. 1991), Ryan (b. 1999), Kile (2001–2012), Usher V (b. 2007), Naviyd Eli (b. 2008); two of whom are with Atlanta-based clothier Ryan Glover, whom she had been dating since 1998. They married in 2002 and separated and divorced on March 13, 2007
In 2006, Foster became involved romantically with singer Usher, who had hired her as a stylist. He proposed to her in January 2007 and announced their engagement in February. They married on August 3, 2007 in a private ceremony. Foster and Usher's first child, son Usher Raymond V, was born in November 2007. In December 2008, Foster gave birth to their second son, Naviyd Ely Raymond.
In June 2009, Usher filed for divorce, citing irreconcilable differences when claiming to have lived separately from Foster for nearly a year. Foster's family spoke against the claims, stating Usher had been living in their Atlanta home until March 2009. The divorce was finalized on November 4 of that same year.
On July 6, 2012, Foster's 11-year-old son Kile was critically injured after he and a teenage friend, riding on an inner tube on Lake Lanier near Atlanta, were hit by a Jet Ski operated by family friend Jeffrey S. Hubbard. Shortly afterward he was declared brain dead, and died July 21, 2012, of heart failure, after initial reports had said he was taken off life support.
On August 24, 2012, ex-husband Usher was awarded primary physical custody of their two sons, with the couple to share legal custody.
Just over a year later, on August 5, 2013, Usher's eldest son, Usher V, was hospitalized in the ICU after he became stuck in a drain while swimming in a pool at Usher's home. The next day, Foster filed a request for an emergency custody hearing in Fulton County Superior Court, seeking temporary primary custody and citing Usher V's "near-death accident" as evidence of a lack of supervision of the children. At the hearing on August 9, 2013, the case was dismissed and Usher retained primary custody of their two sons.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2010-08-29. Retrieved 2010-05-22.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2014-07-15. Retrieved 2014-07-10.
- "Biography". Lost Ones Foundation. 2010. Archived from the original on March 24, 2010.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2010-04-07. Retrieved 2010-04-25.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2018-01-15. Retrieved 2018-11-10.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2014-07-05. Retrieved 2014-07-10.
- Finn, Natalie (2007-08-04). "Usher Takes the Plunge". E!. Archived from the original on June 29, 2011. Retrieved 2008-04-26.
- Aswad, Jem (2007-11-28). "Usher, Tameka Raymond Welcome Baby Boy". MTV. Retrieved 2008-01-19.
- Dyball, Rennie (2008-12-11). "Usher Welcomes Baby No. 2". People. Time, Inc. Retrieved 2008-12-11.
- "Usher's Wife Suffers Heart Attack". idiomag. 2009-02-13. Retrieved 2009-02-13.
- "Usher to divorce Tameka Foster". NME. IPC Media. 2009-06-11. Retrieved 2009-06-12.
- Lehner, Maria (June 13, 2009). Usher Files for Divorce. People. Accessed 2009-06-16.
- Report, Electronic Urban. "Black Entertainment News - EURWeb.com". EURweb.
- "Sources: Usher's stepson died of heart failure". WSB-TV / The Atlanta Journal Constitution. July 21, 2012. Retrieved August 27, 2012.
- Taylor, Derrick Bryson (July 27, 2012). "Tameka Raymond and Usher Say Goodbye to Kile Glover". Essence. Retrieved August 27, 2012. BET had erroneously reported the accident date as July 8, 2012, but WSB-TV gave the official findings of the Georgia Department of Natural Resources.
- Landrum, Jonathan, Jr. (August 24, 2012). "R&B singer Usher wins primary physical custody of 2 sons, ending legal fight with ex-wife". Associated Press via the Orlando Sentinel. Retrieved August 27, 2012.
- "Usher's 5-year-old son nearly drowns in pool accident". NBC Today. Retrieved 6 August 2013.
- "Usher's ex-wife wins emergency custody hearing after son's near-drowning". CTV. August 7, 2013. Retrieved August 7, 2013.
- Margaret, Mary; Crockett, Tamara (August 9, 2013). "Usher Wins Custody Battle Against Tameka Foster". People. Retrieved August 10, 2013.