Tammy and the Doctor
|Tammy and the Doctor|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Harry Keller|
|Produced by||Ross Hunter|
|Written by||Oscar Brodney|
|Music by||Frank Skinner|
Ross Hunter Productions
|Distributed by||Universal Pictures|
|Box office||$2,000,000 (US/ Canada)|
Mrs. Call requires surgery in Los Angeles and is accompanied there by her young companion Tammy, a country girl from Mississippi, who later lands a job with the hospital staff. Tammy is attracted to handsome Dr. Mark Cheswick, whose superior, Dr. Bentley, and head nurse Rachel Coleman aren't sure that romance is a good idea.
- Sandra Dee as Tammy
- Peter Fonda as Dr. Mark Cheswick
- MacDonald Carey as Dr. Wayne Bentley
- Beulah Bondi as Mrs. Call
- Margaret Lindsay as Rachel Coleman
- Reginald Owen as Jason Tripp
- Alice Pearce as Millie
- Adam West as Dr. Eric Hassler
- Joan Marshall as Vera
- Stanley Clements as Wally Day
- Doodles Weaver as Traction patient
- Mitzi Hoag as Pamela
Ross Hunter liked to develop new talent and the movie features 23 actors who had never made a film before. Among them was Peter Fonda, who had enjoyed critical acclaim for his performance in Blood Sweat and Stanley Poole.
- "Top Rental Features of 1963", Variety, 8 January 1964 p 71. Please note figures are rentals as opposed to total gross.
- "Tammy and the Doctor". FilmAffinity. filmaffinity.com. Retrieved 28 December 2015.
- "Tammy and the Doctor". AFI. afi.com. Retrieved 28 December 2015.
- Looking at Hollywood: Ross Hunter Gives New Actors Chance Hopper, Hedda. Chicago Daily Tribune (1923-1963) [Chicago, Ill] 26 June 1962: a1.
|This article about a romantic comedy film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|