Tampico metropolitan area
|Tampico metropolitan area|
Air view of the metropolitan area
Primary urban area of Tampico–Ciudad Madero–Altamira
|Population (2010 est.)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
The Tampico metropolitan area is the third most populous metropolitan area in the state of Tamaulipas, in the country of Mexico. Its in-state metropolitan area of Tamaulipas counts with the municipalities of Tampico, Ciudad Madero, Altamira. On the other hand, the out-of-state municipalities include Pueblo Viejo and Pánuco, from the state of Veracruz.
The metropolitan area of Tampico currently counts with a population of approximately 864,584 habitants.
The metropolitan area of Tampico is formed by the following populated places:
- Laredo – Nuevo Laredo
- Metropolitan areas of Mexico
- Reynosa—McAllen Metropolitan Area
- Matamoros—Brownsville Metropolitan Area
- "La Zona Metropolitana de Tampico, Cd. Madero y Altamira". Tamaulipas. Retrieved 15 October 2011.
- "Where is Tampico". Tampicos.com. Retrieved 15 October 2011.
- "Municipio de Ciudad Madero". Gobierno de Tamaulipas. Retrieved 15 October 2011.
- "Tampico tiene 6 mil personas menos: INEGI". Milenio Noticias. 2010-12-13.