|Address||10 Tampines Central 1, 529536|
|Opening date||April 9, 2009|
|Developer||ARMF II (Tampines) Pte Ltd|
|Management||AsiaMalls Management Pte Ltd|
|Architect||Architects 61 Pte Ltd|
|No. of stores and services||Approx. 176|
|Total retail floor area||265,000 square feet (24,600 m2)|
|No. of floors||7|
|Public transit access||Tampines|
Tampines 1 is a shopping mall in the east of Singapore located beside the Tampines. The mall opened on 9 April 2009, construction began in March 2007 after the DBS Tampines Centre filled with Spotlight was demolished. It replaced the former DBS Tampines Centre and Pavilion Cineplex.
The mall, spread over five storeys and one basement, is the first suburban mall in Singapore with a dedicated swimming pool. The shopping mall is easily accessible as it is located in the heart of the Tampines Regional Centre, where Tampines MRT station and Tampines Bus Interchange are situated very close to the mall. It is also located next to Century Square Shopping Centre as well as Tampines Mall.
The total development cost of the project was estimated to be S$450 million and was upgraded from 17 March 2012 to 10 November 2012.
Tampines 1 tenants include Forever New, Sephora, New Look, Pepper Lunch, MOF My Izakaya, MUJI, Daiso, Uniqlo, Challenger, 4Fingers, Sushi Express and Awfully Chocolate. Uniqlo had their first flagship store at Tampines 1.
- The first suburban mall with a dedicated Swimming Pool
- Wildlife-Themed Rooftop Water Playground
- International & Local Fashion Labels
- European Inspired Basement Piazza
- Loft Style Shops and Restaurants
Tampines 1 received criticism for sending a racially discriminatory email to a potential tenant.
- "About us". Tampines 1.
- "$450 million shopping mall to add to Tampines bustle". The Straits Times. 2008-01-30. Retrieved 2008-06-04.
- "Woman files police report against Tampines 1 for alleged racial discrimination; mall issues apology". The Straits Times. 2016-04-07. Retrieved 2016-04-08.