26 November 1988 |
Portsmouth, Hampshire, England
|Occupation||Actress and model|
|Partner(s)||Josh Hartnett (2013-present)|
Tamsin Egerton (born 26 November 1988) is an English actress and model best known for her roles as Chelsea Parker in the 2007 film St Trinian's, Holly Goodfellow in the 2005 film Keeping Mum and Guinevere in the 2011 TV series Camelot.
Early life and career
Egerton was born in Portsmouth, Hampshire, England. She started her acting career age six, following her older sister, Sophia, to a local youth theatre, saying, "The whole reason I'm acting now is because I wanted to be doing what my big sister was doing". A year later, she appeared in a Royal Shakespeare Company musical production of The Secret Garden, playing Mary. Egerton attended Ditcham Park School near Petersfield in Hampshire, where she says she was bullied. She also states she truanted, preferring to go to modelling shoots; "I played truant all the time. I was modelling so I'd go to shoots and call in sick." After finishing school at 16 with nine A-grade GCSEs, Egerton pursued acting rather than going to sixth form and then university, saying, "At drama school, they like to take you apart and rebuild you but I don't want to change now." She had a brief job as a babysitter for three children.
Egerton's other film credits include Sarah in Driving Lessons (2006) alongside Rupert Grint and Flora in Knife Edge (2008). She was to appear as Katrina in Eragon, but the scenes which she featured in were removed from the final cut.
Egerton starred as Princess Elenora in the TV children's series Sir Gadabout: The Worst Knight in the Land. In 2001, she starred as the "young" Morgaine in the TV miniseries The Mists of Avalon. She has also appeared on stage – in the RSC's musical version of The Secret Garden. In 2009, Egerton appeared in the St Trinian's sequel, St Trinian's II: The Legend of Fritton's Gold. In 2011, she appeared in Chalet Girl alongside Felicity Jones, Ed Westwick and Bill Nighy, playing Georgie.
She previously shared a flat in Marylebone, Central London, with her St Trinians castmate Talulah Riley, whom she described as her "soulmate". She lived in Hampstead with theatre producer Jamie Hendry.
She has cited Takeshi Kitano as her favourite film director, and said, "I’d love Takeshi Kitano to put me in a martial arts film so I’d have an excuse to practise all the time".
Tamsin and American actor Josh Hartnett acknowledged in 2013 they were in a relationship. Hartnett's representative said on 2 December 2015 that Hartnett and Egerton had had their first child together on an unspecified recent date, but the baby's gender was not given.
|2005||Keeping Mum||Holly Goodfellow|
|2007||St Trinian's||Chelsea Parker|
|2009||St Trinian's 2: The Legend of Fritton's Gold||Chelsea Parker|
|2010||The Story of F***||Daisy|
|2013||Look of Love, TheThe Look of Love||Amber St. George / Fiona Richmond|
|2013||Justin and the Knights of Valour||Lara (voice)|
|2013||Lovers, TheThe Lovers||Laura Fennel|
|2014||Queen and Country||Ophelia|
|2001||Mists of Avalon, TheThe Mists of Avalon||Young Morgaine||TV miniseries|
|2002||Napoléon||Betsy Balcombe||TV miniseries|
|2002||Sir Gadabout: The Worst Knight in the Land||Princess Elenora||TV series|
|2003||Hans Christian Andersen: My Life as a Fairytale||Kate Dickens||TV film|
|2004||Sherlock Holmes and the Case of the Silk Stocking||Miranda Helhoughton||TV film|
|2006||Silent Witness||Hannah Duncan||"Supernova: Parts 1 & 2"|
|2007||Abbey, TheThe Abbey||Tiffany||Unsold TV pilot|
|2009||Octavia||Octavia Brennan||TV film|
|2009||Trial & Retribution||Imogen||"Siren: Part 1"|
|2010||Money||Butch Beausoleil||TV miniseries|
|2013||The List||Delilah||TV film|
|2015||Killing Jesus||Claudia||TV film|
- Rogers, Isobel (22 October 2011). "My Secret Life: Tamsin Egerton, actress, 22". The Independent. UK. Archived from the original on 23 February 2014. Retrieved 2 December 2015.
- "Tamsin Egerton: Too cool for school". The Independent. UK. 9 August 2008. Retrieved 30 August 2009.
- Deedes, Henry (6 August 2007). "This modern market is rubbish says Blur axeman". The Independent. Retrieved 30 August 2009.
- Fletcher, Ewan (11 August 2007). "Six actresses go back to school as the new terrors of St Trinian's". Daily Mail. Retrieved 30 August 2009.
- "Tamsin Egerton says no to uni". Metro. UK. 25 September 2008. Retrieved 30 August 2009.
- "Talulah Riley". ES Magazine. 2 February 2009. Retrieved 30 August 2009.
- "Soulmates Riley and Egerton's lesbian fears". IMDb. 29 June 2008. Retrieved 30 August 2009.
- "Saints and Sinners of St Trinians". ES Magazine. 4 December 2009. Retrieved 28 February 2010.
- Bacardi, Francesca (2 December 2015). "Josh Hartnett and Tamsin Egerton Welcome First Child". E! News. Retrieved 2 December 2015.
- Dawn, Randee (2 December 2015). "Josh Hartnett and girlfriend Tamsin Egerton welcome first child". Today. Archived from the original on 3 December 2015. Retrieved 3 December 2015.