From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up tan in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Tan or TAN may refer to:
- Tanning, the process of making leather from hides
- Sun tanning, the darkening of skin in response to ultraviolet light
- Sunless tanning, the darkening of skin without ultraviolet light
- Tanfana, or Tan, ancient European goddess.
- Black and Tans, nickname for British special constables during the Irish War of Independence
- Irish War of Independence, sometimes called the Black and Tan war or Tan war.
- Tan (surname) (譚), a Chinese surname.
- Chen (surname) (陳), a Chinese surname, pronounced "Tan" in Min Nan languages.
- Lao Zi, posthumous name "Tan" or "Dān" (聃), philosopher of ancient China.
- Tan (state), ancient Chinese viscountcy situated in eastern Shandong Province.
- Leborgne, nickname Tan, a patient of Paul Broca, on whose autopsy he identified Broca's area.
- Tahn (Armenian թան tʻan), a yoghurt-based drink from the Middle East
- -tan, a Japanese honorific
- TAN Books & Publishers, a Catholic publishing company
- Tan, an album by the Polish rock band Kult
- The Tan Track, a running track in Melbourne, Australia
- Tanzania (IOC and FIFA trigram; the ISO 3166 trigram is TZA)
- Total acid number, the measure of a lubricant's or crude oil's acidity
- Transaction authentication number in electronic banking
- Taunton Municipal Airport, IATA airport code TAN, airport in Taunton, Massachusetts
- Tax Deduction Account Number, Indian tax code
- Tannin (disambiguation)
- Tanning (disambiguation)
- Tanzhou (disambiguation), a Chinese placename originally meaning "Tan District" and now meaning "Tan City"
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Tan.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.