France in 2018
Tanweer Wasim Safdar
20 April 1983
|Residence||Salt Lake City, Utah|
|Alma mater||Doncaster College|
Tanweer Wasim "Tan" France (né Safdar; Urdu: تنویر وسیم صفدر; born 20 April 1983) is an English fashion designer and television personality. He is currently the fashion expert for the Netflix series Queer Eye.
France was born and raised in Doncaster, South Yorkshire, England to Pakistani parents. France commented on how he was raised in a very strict Asian household and how his sexuality was viewed negatively in his upbringing. France's interest in fashion began at a young age, inspired by the clothing that was made in his grandparents' factory for Disney. He attended Hall Cross School and later Doncaster College where he studied fashion before moving to Manchester and then to London.
After graduating from college, France began working for Zara. He has also worked for Selfridges among other retailers to learn more about the wholesale business side, and finally to a brand to learn more about manufacturing. “I wanted to diversify my experience, learning everything from design to delivery to wholesale.” He even became managing director in his early twenties.  He was company director at Shade Clothing before he opened his solo company.
France started working in the United States in 2008 before officially moving there in 2015. In late 2011, France founded a women's clothing line, Kingdom & State. France is also a partner in the 2016-founded Rachel Parcell clothing line.
France is currently the fashion expert on the Netflix series Queer Eye which premiered in February 2018. The second season was released in June 2018.
|2018–present||Queer Eye||Himself||Main, 16 episodes|
|2018||Nailed It!||Himself||Episode: "3, 2, 1...Ya Not Done!!"|
|2018||Don't Watch This||Himself||Episode: "Antoni Psycho"|
|2018||Crazy Ex-Girlfriend||Fett Ragoso||Episode: "I'm Making Up for Lost Time"|
- Shores, Lindsey (13 October 2013). "British fashion in Utah with Kingdom & State". Herald Extra: The Mom Click. Herald Communications. Retrieved 8 March 2018.
- England & Wales, Civil Registration Birth Index, 1916–2005, Name: Tanweer Wasim Safdar Mother's Maiden Surname: Minhas Date of Registration: Apr–May–Jun 1983 Registration district: Doncaster Inferred County: Yorkshire Volume Number: 3 Page Number: 0788
- Ross, Sophie (7 February 2018). "The One Thing You Should Never Wear to a Wedding, According to Tan France of 'Queer Eye'". The Knot. XO. Retrieved 19 February 2018.
- "Netflix Press Release". Netflix. Retrieved 19 February 2018.
- Bahler, Kristen (20 February 2018). "'Queer Eye' Star Says Getting Dumped Helped Launch His Career". Time. Retrieved 20 February 2018.
- Melody (8 December 2014). "An interview with Tan Safdar, Owner and Designer at Kingdom & State". Omika. Retrieved 8 March 2018.
- Thomas, Chris (8 December 2017). "Meet the Five Fab Men of Netflix's Queer Eye Reboot". Out. Retrieved 19 February 2018.
- Mulkerin, Tim (21 February 2018). "Tan France on his hopes for a second season of Queer Eye and the thousands of DMs about his hair". Mic. Retrieved 10 March 2018.
- "Kingdom & State – About". Kingdom & State. Retrieved 19 February 2018.
- "Rachel Parcell Collection". Rachel Parcell. Retrieved 19 February 2018.
- France, Tan (14 May 2019). Tan France: Love, Family, Queer Eye, and What I Wore. S.l.: St. Martin's Press. ISBN 9781250208668.
- Sarner, Lauren (21 February 2018). "How a Muslim immigrant became the breakout 'Queer Eye' star". New York Post.
|This biographical article related to fashion is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|