Tan Yee Kew
Tan Yee Kew
|Member of the Malaysian Parliament|
for Wangsa Maju
|Assumed office |
10 May 2018
|Preceded by||Tan Kee Kwong (PKR-PH)|
|Member of the Malaysian Parliament|
7 June 1995 – 13 February 2008
|Preceded by||Fong Kui Lun (DAP-GR)|
|Succeeded by||Charles Anthony Santiago (DAP-PR)|
|Parliamentary Secretary of Ministry of International Trade and Industry|
27 March 2004 – 8 March 2008
|Born||1953 (age 67–68)|
Klang, Selangor, Federation of Malaya (now Malaysia)
|Political party||MCA (1986 - 2008) |
PKR (since 2008)
|Barisan Nasional (1986 - 2008) |
Pakatan Rakyat (2008 - 2015)
Pakatan Harapan (since 2015)
|Website||Tan Yee Kew on Parliament of Malaysia|
|Tan Yee Kew on Facebook|
Datin Paduka Dr. Tan Yee Kew (simplified Chinese: 陈仪乔; traditional Chinese: 陳儀喬; pinyin: Chén Yíqiáo; Cantonese Yale: Chàhn Yìh-kìuh; Pe̍h-ōe-jī: Tân Gî-kiâu) (born 1953) is a Malaysian politician and currently serves as the Member of Parliament (MP) for Wangsa Maju. She was once the Treasurer (until 2018) of the People's Justice Party (PKR).
Before she quit from Malaysian Chinese Association (MCA) in 2008, she was elected as the MP for Klang or three terms from 1995 to 2008, and appointed as the Parliamentary secretary of Ministry of International Trade and Industry in the former Barisan Nasional (BN) coalition government in 2004.
Tan joined MCA in 1986, and became the Deputy Chairperson of the Women's Wing (Wanita MCA) from 1996 till 2005. She also served as the Wanita Chief of Selangor and a member of Central Committee of the party.
Anyhow, Tan was censured on violating the party disciplines, and her party membership had been suspended for 6 months in 2005. Furthermore, she was dropped as the candidate of 2008 general election, where MCA and BN suffered a great loss in Selangor later. Tan quit herself from MCA in 17 July 2008 and joined PKR with more than thousand of followers.
During the 2013 general election, Tan contested as PKR candidate for the parliamentary seat of Tanjong Malim in Perak, against MCA's Ong Ka Chuan, the Deputy Minister of International Trade and Industry, but she lost by 4,328 votes.
|1990||P91 Puchong, Selangor||Tan Yee Kew (MCA)||32,686||48.31%||V. David (DAP)||34,967||51.69%||68,684||2,281||69.57%|
|1995||P100 Klang, Selangor||Tan Yee Kew (MCA)||28,984||52.96%||Fong Kui Lun (DAP)||22,860||41.77%||54,724||6,124||76.87%|
|Mohd Yusof Jasmin (PAS)||1947||3.56%|
|1999||P100 Klang, Selangor||Tan Yee Kew (MCA)||30,201||54.61%||Teng Chang Khim (DAP)||24,528||44.36%||56,325||5,673||69.81%|
|Tan Siow Eng (MDP)||570||1.03%|
|2004||P110 Klang, Selangor||Tan Yee Kew (MCA)||32,138||63.02%||Wong Ah Peng (DAP)||18,857||36.98%||52,265||13,281||70.57%|
|2013||P77 Tanjong Malim, Perak||Tan Yee Kew (PKR)||23,897||44.75%||Ong Ka Chuan (MCA)||28,225||52.86%||53,399||4,328||82.80%|
|2018||P116 Wangsa Maju, Kuala Lumpur||Tan Yee Kew (PKR)||42,178||57.30%||Yew Teong Look (MCA)||17,940||24.37%||74,509||24,238||84.21%|
|Razali Tumirin (PAS)||13,490||18.33%|
Honours of Malaysia
- Selangor :
- "陈仪乔：相识多年:"与姚长禄交手知己知彼"". 星洲日报 (in Chinese). 2018-04-30.
- "2006年马来西亚内阁最新名单". 当今大马. 2006-02-14.
- "陈仪乔近期率千人加盟公正党 笑称若受委巴生市主席降六级". 当今大马. 2008-07-21.
- "Tan edging closer to join PKR". Malaysiakini. 21 July 2008.
- "MCA gugur 40 muka lama". Bernama (in Malay). Utusan Melayu. 18 February 2008. Retrieved 18 January 2019.
- "陈仪乔退出马华．传将加入公正党效力雪民联". 星洲日报. 2008-07-17.
- "厌倦派系斗争离开马华 陈仪乔感受民心求变". 南洋商报. 2013-05-01.
- "2013年大选成绩". 星洲日报. 2013-05-05. Archived from the original on 2018-05-18.
- "第十四届全国大选成绩". 東方日報. 2018-05-10. Archived from the original on 2018-05-13. Retrieved 2018-05-11.
- "Keputusan Pilihan Raya Umum Parlimen/Dewan Undangan Negeri" (in Malay). Election Commission of Malaysia. Retrieved 26 May 2010. Percentage figures based on total turnout.
- "Malaysia General Election". undiinfo Malaysian Election Data. Malaysiakini. Retrieved 4 February 2017. Results only available from the 2004 election.
- "KEPUTUSAN PILIHAN RAYA UMUM 13". Sistem Pengurusan Maklumat Pilihan Raya Umum (in Malay). Election Commission of Malaysia. Retrieved 24 March 2017.Results only available for the 2013 election.
- "my undi : Kawasan & Calon-Calon PRU13 : Keputusan PRU13 (Archived copy)". www.myundi.com.my. Archived from the original on 31 March 2014. Retrieved 9 April 2014.
- "Keputusan Pilihan Raya Umum ke-13". Utusan Malaysia. Retrieved 26 October 2014.
- "SEMAKAN KEPUTUSAN PILIHAN RAYA UMUM KE - 14" (in Malay). Election Commission of Malaysia. Retrieved 17 May 2018. Percentage figures based on total turnout.
- "The Star Online GE14". The Star. Retrieved 24 May 2018. Percentage figures based on total turnout.
- "Y.B. Datin Paduka Dr. Tan Yee Kew D.S.S.A". Warta :Jilid 53 No. 485. Selangor State Government. 27 April 2000. Retrieved 18 January 2019.