Sunshine Coast, Queensland
|Population||1,327 (2016 census)|
|• Density||103.7/km2 (268.5/sq mi)|
|Area||12.8 km2 (4.9 sq mi)|
|Time zone||AEST (UTC+10:00)|
|Location||12 km (7 mi) SW of Maroochydore|
|LGA(s)||Sunshine Coast Region|
Tanawha is in the Sunshine Coast hinterland and is part of the Buderim urban centre. It is home of the Tanawha Tourist Drive, which contains the Bellingham Maze. The Maroochy Regional Bushland Botanic Garden is located in Tanawha, showcasing plants that are native to the Sunshine Coast.
The Bruce Highway passes through from south-east to north-west, and the Sunshine Motorway runs to the east. The eastern boundary includes a short length of the Bruce Highway and a short length of the Sunshine Motorway.
Tanawha Tourist Drive was the former Bruce Highway until 16 November 1989 when the Tanawha Deviation opened to traffic.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (27 June 2017). "Tanawha (SSC)". 2016 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 20 October 2018.
- Tent, Jane (March 2020). "Oh what a difference a vowel makes!" (PDF). Placenames Australia: 17. Archived (PDF) from the original on 12 May 2020. Retrieved 12 May 2020.
- "Tanawha – locality in Sunshine Coast Region (entry 49239)". Queensland Place Names. Queensland Government. Retrieved 17 November 2019.
- "Bellingham Maze". Archived from the original on 31 January 2019. Retrieved 25 November 2019.
- "Visitor information". Sunshine Coast Regional Council. 29 July 2019. Archived from the original on 27 March 2018. Retrieved 25 November 2019.
- Google (13 August 2019). "Tanawha, Queensland" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved 13 August 2019.