Tancheon Sports Complex
|Former names||Seongnam 2 Sports Complex|
|Location||215, Tancheon-ro, Bundang-gu, Seongnam, Gyeonggi-do, South Korea|
|Broke ground||August 1997|
|Opened||1 April 2002|
|Construction cost||112.1 Billion KRW|
Tancheon Sports Complex (Korean: 탄천종합운동장) is a group of sports facilities in Seongnam, South Korea. Its name was Seongnam 2 Sports Complex but changed to Tancheon Sports Complex in January 2006, naming after Tancheon. The complex consists of the Tancheon Stadium, Tancheon Baseball Stadium and a Sports Club.
Tancheon Stadium is a multi-purpose stadium built in 2002 and currently used mostly for football matches and has been the home stadium of Seongnam FC since 2005, replacing the club's previous home, the Seongnam Sports Complex.
In 2009, Seongnam FC moved their home matches to Seongnam Sports Complex as the canopy installation works commenced. The installation was completed in 2010. The first match held since the installation was Seongnam FC's 2010 AFC Champions League game against Kawasaki Frontale on 23 February 2010.
Tancheon Baseball Stadium
The stadium is equipped with AstroTurf and a stand with 955 seats. School Elite Baseball teams are using the stadium from Mondays to Saturdays. For public use, applicants need to apply to a draw for empty time slots.
Tancheon Sports Club
In popular culture
In the quarantine camp scene in the South Korean disaster film, Flu (2013), infected persons are placed in plastic bags, with some of them still alive, thrown into a pit in Tancheon Stadium, and incinerated. Mir (Park Min-ha is brought to the pit of bodies to be incinerated but is rescued by Kang Ji-goo (Jang Hyuk). The uninfected people see the pit, and a riot ensues, forcing the evacuation of all medical and military personnel from the camp.
- "탄천종합운동장 연혁" [History of Tancheon Complex]. Tancheon Sports Complex (in Korean). 2017-02-20. Archived from the original on 2016-01-06. Retrieved 2017-02-20.
- "시설소개 | 탄천종합운동장". www.2ssc.or.kr (in Korean). 2017-02-20. Archived from the original on 2016-01-06. Retrieved 2017-02-19.
- "데이터센터 | 한국프로축구연맹 - 현대오일뱅크 K리그 클래식/챌린지". www.kleague.com (in Korean). Retrieved 2017-02-20.
- "폴란드, 성남 일화에 2-1 진땀승". legacy.www.hani.co.kr. 2002-05-26. Retrieved 2017-02-20.
- "성남, 성남종합운동장으로 홈 경기장 변경". No 1. 축구전문 콘텐츠 기업 스포탈코리아. 2017-02-20. Retrieved 2017-02-20.
- "'확 변했다!' 지붕 덮인 성남의 탄천경기장" (in Korean). 2010-03-01. Retrieved 2017-02-20.
- "뉴스 | 한국프로축구연맹 - 현대오일뱅크 K리그 클래식/챌린지". www.kleague.com (in Korean). Retrieved 2017-02-20.
- "Arnold aiming to ruin Seongnam's strong home record". Central Coast Mariners. Retrieved 2017-02-22.
- "성남시민프로축구단 : 성남FC 서포팅가 홈페이지 업로드 안내". Retrieved 2017-02-22.
- "탄천종합운동장이 살처분장으로?". 씨네21 (in Korean). 2013-08-13. Retrieved 2017-02-20.
- Official website (in Korean)
- Seongnam stadium on StadiumZone
- Seongnam FC Official Site (in Korean)
- World Stadiums