Tando Allahyar District
This article relies largely or entirely on a single source. (December 2011)
Tando Allahyar District
ضلعو ٽنڊو الهيار
Map of Sindh with Tando Allahyar District highlighted
|Time zone||UTC+5 (PST)|
|Number of Tehsils||3|
|Website||Tando Allahyar Official webpage|
The town was founded by Mir Allahyar Khan Talpur Qila was built in (1804). Tando Allahyar Old name is (qunday je wasi). 4 km away from Tando Allahyar there is found ancient monuments which is called ((Abul Jo Daro)) Abul was a king of old age.
The establishment of Tando Allahyar started with construction of a fort by Mir Allahyar Khan Talpur in 1709. The mud / clay fort is located at a distance of 3 kilometers from the current center of the town. This fort was built to look after his territory. A large number of people seeking security and refuge moved to this area under the protection of the Mir; these settlements gave the city a trading boom as well. As it progressed over the next decade this area started to be known as Allahyar Jo Tando (Allahyar's Town).
In 1906 during the British Raj, a railway station was established here. This step brought about a revolution in the town, increasing its importance as an agro-trading hub. It shaped Tando Allahyar to what it is now. From Allahyar Jo Tando it became Tando Allahyar.
The British Raj brought the fort of Mir Allahyar under its official use. (This fort is now known as the Kacho Qilo); however some decorated walls from the times of Mir Allahyar Khan are still present. Since 1933 after the construction of canal, the city of Tando Allahyar turned into an agricultural heaven. Before 1947 the city had large number of Hindu followers. The temple of Baba Ramdevji Rama-Pir was a symbol of Hindu-Muslim unity and peaceful co-existence. However, after the Indian Partition a number of Hindu followers left for India. The temple still stands tall in the town center attracting hundreds of pilgrims from all around the region.
Today, Tando Allahyar is a bustling urban town burdened under overpopulation; and although ill planning and lack of proper governance over the years has virtually halted the progress, this historic town still has much to offer to its residents and its ever-increasing new settlers. Many villages are connected with the city. Many trees of mango you can find where you pass this area. The best thing of this city is that this is very religious city. Very big Markaz of Sunni Hanafi (preacher) where people come on Friday night. There is an old village whose name is Khan Muhammad Bozdar. This village is about 200 years old. This village is still there; now there are 52 houses. Only Bozdar caste lives in this village. The district government avoids that historical village. There is also a Astaana e Aalia near Jamia Samdia Masjid Tando Allahyar where the Khalifa namely Pir Akhtar Shaheeni Saifi of Pir Abu Saalim Saifi Naqshbandi teaches the lesson of Sufism.
Recently, the attention of people was attracted by the Social Awareness & Assistance Forum (SAAF) Sindh, headed by Dr. Rashid Shar Baloch who has given new ideology for the village state and village Banking to financially empower people and capacity enhancement. The philosophy of SAAF Sindh based on the rural development and urban enlightenment movement towards the cognitive development of behaviour and approach.
Dad Khan Jarwar
|Jhando Mari||Dasori@ Umar Sand|
|Tando Allahyar (city)||Bukera Sharif|
Tando Allahyar 1
Tando Allahyar 2
Tando Allahyar 3
State of Education in District Tando Allahyar
District Tando Allahyar is ranked at the 92nd position in the education score index of the Pakistan District Education Rankings 2017 published by Alif Ailaan. The education score is composed of the learning score, retention score and gender parity score. In the middle school infrastructure index, which focuses on availability of basic facilities and the building condition, Tando Allahyar ranks 75th. However, there was a steep improvement in almost all infrastructure indicators in Tando Allahyar in the year 2016-2017 including more availability of electricity and drinking water, access to toilets and better building conditions.
Using data from the Standardized Achievement Test (SAT) report published by the Sindh government in 2017, it was found in the “2013-2018 Five Years of Education Reforms in Sindh. Wins, Losses and challenges for 2018-2023.” report that Tando Allahyar ranked 8th for student achievement in language in grade 8. However, with a score of only 41.68, it is still below average. In grade 8, Tando Allahyar ranked at the 7th position for student achievement in maths and 6th position for science.
Administrative and infrastructure issues remain a hindrance for every child in district Tando Allahyar to access free and quality education. Issues reported by the residents via the Taleem Do! App complain of the lack or absenteeism of teachers, lack of basic facilities and the prevalence of shelter-less schools and closed schools. Some citizens also appeal for their children to be educated in the regional language, Sindhi, rather than Urdu or English. The debate on whether basic education should be provided in the regional, national or official languages has been a point of debate in Pakistan for several years.
List of Educational Institutes
The Education Institutes Includes.
- Mehran Higher Secondary School Tando Allahyar. (Director Syed Zeeshan Shah Sb)
- Al-qasim Memorial Higher Secondary School (AQMS)
- YK Academy Rashidabad
- Zainab Acdamy
- Allied school Punjab group of colleges
- TandoAllahyar Institute of Information & Communication Technology(www.tiict.com.pk)( Director Sadaf Abdul Samad)
- Dawood Memorial School
- The Oxford Institute of Computer, English and Oxford Educare Elementary School Tando Allahyar (Director Sir Malik Imran 0092-305-335-3335).
- British Institute of English, Computer and IB British school Tando Allahyar (Director Abdul Malik Baloch ).
- Digital Institute of Computer Science & IT (Director: Mr. Asad)
- TCF Hasham Campus 1 Pyro loond Mehran sugar mills
- TCF Hasham Campus 2 Hurri Mehran Sugar mill
- United Memon High School, Tando Allahyar
- Eagle Stars (E) School Tando Allahyar.
- Union Pak Singhar School Chamber
- Nasir Academy Tando Allahyar.
- Al Mahmood High School Tando Allah Yar.
- KAIM KHAN MEMORIAL HIGHER SECONDARY SCHOOL "TandoAllahYar"
- Government Provincialized High school Tando Allahyar
- Government Little Fairies High school.
- Government Secondary Higher school.
- Government Main Sindhi Middle School.
- Government High School Paksinghar.
- Government S.M.Shah Aga khan school Sultanabad
- Government Girls High School Sultanabad
- Government Higher Secondary School Mubarak Jarwar
- Government Girls Middle School Shadman Jarwar
- SM Degree College Tando Allahyar
- Shahab Academy High School Usman Shah Huri
- The Smart School Tando Allahyar.
- Suffa Academy Islamic and Modern Education Tando Allahyar.
- Horizon Institute Of Computer Sciences Rahib para chambar road Tando Allahyar.
- SM High School Station Road Tando Allahyar
- Younus Academy Higher Secondary School Tando Allahyar
- Shah Wali Ullah Higher Secondary School Tando Allahyar
- Iqra Higher Secondary School Tando Allahyar.
- Green Life Public Elementary School
- SST Public School Rashidabad
- Aqsa Higher Secondary School
- Sachal Public High School.
- Faizan Public Higher School.
- Aga Khan School Sultanabad
- Foundation Grammar High School Tando Allahyar.
- Eagle House Higher Secondary School Tando Allah Yar
- Air Foundation
- BRIGHT FUTURE PUBLIC SCHOOL
- Government High School Darul Uloom Tando Allah yar
- Faisal Foundation School
- Yousuf Academy Tando Allahyar
- ever shine grammar public high school.
- Mastoi Public Elementary School Pyaro Lund.
- Qalam Elementary School Tando Allahyar.
- Fiza Public Elementary School Tando Allahyar.
- Yousuf Academy Elementary School Tando Allahyar
- The Educators Campus TAY
- Future-Tech Institute Of Computer Science
Mangoes are the most popular plantation of Tando Allahyar. The local growers take pride in the quality of the mangoes. A wide variety of mangoes are farmed here. It is one of the richest areas of the country for agriculture sector. Cash crops like Sugarcane, Wheat, Onions and Cotton are cultivated in a vast area. Besides, orchards are spread over hundreds of acres of land.
The farmers of Tando Allahyar perform Vital role in production of vegetables, same is supplied to Karachi. City has one of the highest yield in the province. It produces the highest quantity of sugarcane with around 50 to 60 million Maunds of sugarcane worth of annual production.
Seed Companies In Tando Allahyar
- Advance Seed Corporation
- Super Haari Seed Corporation (Regd)
- Patan Seed Corporation (Regd).
- TASCO SEED Corporation (Regd)
- Hyefa Seed Corporation (Pvt.) Ltd.
As of 2010[update] Tando Allahyar (Urban & Rural) population stood at 575,000. Statistics indicate 85% of population is indigenous Sindhi and 15% of population is Urdu Speaking. According to the 1998 census results for the taluka of Tando Allahyar, the major first languages were Sindhi (80%), Urdu (11%), Punjabi (4.3%) and Balochi (2%). Other languages spoken include Mewati, Marwari and Siraiki.
Tando Allahyar has rich Sindhi culture. Men clad themselves with national style of dress called Shalwar Kameez having broader bottoms and traditional cap. Women clad with 'Gharara' or 'Parro' with bangles all the way up till shoulders.
Clogging Road side tea stalls with colleagues and friends, is favorite pastimes for men.
- "DISTRICT WISE CENSUS RESULTS CENSUS 2017" (PDF). www.pbscensus.gov.pk. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2017-08-29.
- District Government of Tando Allahyar Archived 2013-05-21 at the Wayback Machine
- Alif Ailaan 2017. Pakistan District Education Rankings 2017. Islamabad: Alif Ailaan. vi-66 pp. ISBN 978-969-7624-06-5
- Alif Ailaan 2018. 2013-2018 Five Years of Education Reforms. Wins, Losses and challenges for 2018-2023. Islamabad: Alif Ailaan. vi-42 pp. ISBN 978-969-7624-08-9 The LFTS (Leading Future Testing Service), has also launched for the testing purpose. the service launched for the purpose to promote test patterns and enrich the student's faculties. Its first project started as GAT General Assessment Test. Test Date will be 14th Oct, 2018. Website. www.lfts.jigsy.com https://elections.alifailaan.pk/wp-includes/file/SindhEducationReport18.pdf
- "When language is a bar to learning | #TaleemDo". elections.alifailaan.pk.
- Mustafa, Zubeida (2012-12-25). "Language in Sindh schools". DAWN.COM.
- "Why should Sindhi be taught in all schools of Sindh?". Retrieved 2018-08-03.
- PCO 1999, pp. 117–19.
- 1998 District census report of Hyderabad. Census publication. 59. Islamabad: Population Census Organization, Statistics Division, Government of Pakistan. 1999.