|This article does not cite any references or sources. (September 2014)|
Tandon is a Punjabi Khatri clan settled in India and (Satnami) India, Pakistan and Nepal. Tandon is a popular Khatri family name of both Hindus and Sikhs. It is derived from the Sanskrit word marthanda (sun).
The Tandons are mostly settled in India, predominantly in Chhattisgarh, Madhya Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh, Delhi, Punjab, Jammu & Kashmir and HP, and to a lesser extent in other states of India. Many of the wealthier Tandons are settled in the US and Europe.
Notable people with this name include:
- Chandrabhan Singh Tandon (born 1989), Indian writer and political thinker
- Kushal Tandon (born 1985), Indian model and actor
- Lavina Tandon, Indian actress
- Raveena Tandon (born 1974), Indian cinema actress, producer and model
- Munish Tandon (born 1988), Indian IT professional, sportsman(Jammu(J&K)).
|This page or section lists people with the surname Tandon. If an internal link intending to refer to a specific person led you to this page, you may wish to change that link by adding the person's given name(s) to the link.|
|This article about ethnicity or ethnology is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|