|Minister of Energy and Natural Resources|
1 May 2009 – 28 August 2015
|Prime Minister||Recep Tayyip Erdoğan
|Preceded by||Mehmet Hilmi Güler|
|Succeeded by||Ali Rıza Alaboyun|
|Member of the Grand National Assembly|
19 November 2002 – 7 June 2015
|Constituency||Kayseri (2002, 2007, 2011)|
April 3, 1962 |
Devecipınar, Boğazlıyan, Yozgat Province, Turkey
|Political party||Justice and Development Party (AKP)|
|Alma mater||Istanbul Technical University|
|Profession||Politician, electrical engineer|
Taner Yıldız (born 3 April 1962, Devecipınar, Boğazlıyan, Yozgat Province) is a Turkish politician. He is a member of the Justice and Development Party and served as the Minister of Energy and Natural Resources between 2009 and 2015.
Taner Yıldız graduated from the Istanbul Technical University as an electrical engineer and worked for the Kayseri Electricity Generation Company. He was elected to the Parliament in 2002. Yıldız served as an energy adviser to the prime minister Recep Tayyip Erdoğan. On 1 May 2009, after a reshuffle of the cabinet, he took the post of Minister of Energy and Natural Resources.
Yıldız is married and has four children.
- Turkish Energy Minister to visit Azerbaijan, Trend (English), 01/20/2011, retrieved 01/20/2011.
- Iran eyes Europe gas market through Turkey, Trend, (English), 01/09/2011, retrieved 01/20/2011.
- Turkish energy minister due to Iran, Trend (English), 01/07/2011, retrieved 01/20/2011.
- Turkey in talks with France over nuclear plant, Trend (English), 01/07/2011, retrieved 01/20/2011.
- Turkey and Japan sign Memorandum of Understanding on construction of nuclear power plant, Trend (English), 12/25/2010, retrieved 01/20/2011.
- Minister: Turkey paid about $1 billion for Azerbaijani gas from Shah Deniz, Trend (English), 12/24/2010, retrieved 01/20/2011.
- Energy minister of Georgia and Turkey to discuss electricity transmission line, Trend (English), 12/12/2010, retrieved 01/20/2011.
- Minister: Turkey determined to continue oil, gas trade with Iran, Trend (English), 10/02/2010, retrieved 01/20/2011.
Mehmet Hilmi Güler
|Minister of Energy and Natural Resources
1 May 2009 – present
|This article about a Turkish politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|