Rapunzel's Tangled Adventure
|Rapunzel's Tangled Adventure|
|Also known as||Tangled: The Series (season 1)|
|Developed by||Chris Sonnenburg & Shane Pigmore|
|Theme music composer||Gabe Moffat|
|Opening theme||"Wind in My Hair"|
by Mandy Moore
|Ending theme||"More of Me"|
by Natasha Bedingfield
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||2|
|No. of episodes||48 (list of episodes)|
|Executive producer(s)||Chris Sonnenburg|
|Producer(s)||Benjamin Balistreri (supervising director)|
|Running time||23 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Disney Television Animation|
|Original network||Disney Channel|
|Picture format||720p (HDTV)|
|Audio format||5.1 surround sound|
|Original release||March 10, 2017 –|
|Preceded by||Tangled: Before Ever After|
Rapunzel's Tangled Adventure, originally known as Tangled: The Series for its first season, is an American animated television series developed by Chris Sonnenburg and Shane Pigmore and produced by Disney Television Animation that premiered on Disney Channel as a Disney Channel Original Movie titled Tangled: Before Ever After on March 10, 2017, with regular episodes premiering on March 24, 2017. The series is based on the 2010 film Tangled and features the returning voices of Zachary Levi and Mandy Moore, alongside Eden Espinosa, Clancy Brown, and Julie Bowen.
In February 2017, ahead of the series premiere, the series was renewed for a second season, which premiered on June 24, 2018. In May 2018, ahead of the premiere of the series' season 2, it was announced that the series has been renewed for a third season.
Since being freed from Mother Gothel and reunited with her birth parents, King Frederic and Queen Arianna of Corona, Princess Rapunzel adjusts to her life as their daughter and continues to have different misadventures with her boyfriend Eugene Fitzherbert, Pascal the chameleon, Maximus the horse, and her new handmaiden Cassandra, to uncover the mystery of her 70-feet long blonde hair's return and its new abilities.
The second season centers around Princess Rapunzel, Eugene, and Cassandra's journey-accompanied by Lance, Hook Foot, and Shorty to solve the mystery of the black rock spikes and unveil Rapunzel's connection to them. They are also aided by the mysterious sword-wielding Adira who hails from the Dark Kingdom, from where Varian's father and the mystical rock spikes originated from. As her journey progresses, the barefoot princess learns that the outside world isn't all fun and games.
- Eugene Fitzherbert (Zachary Levi), whose previous alias was Flynn Rider, is an orphaned reformed thief and Princess Rapunzel's boyfriend. In Season 1, after giving up his thieving ways, Eugene finds his place in Corona and becomes a royal guard instructor while strengthening the relationship between him and Rapunzel and growing closer towards his future-in-laws. He also has a mutual dislike and rivalry with Cassandra, but they gradually warm up to each other and later he reunites with his childhood best friend, Lance Strongbow. In Season 2, Eugene joins Rapunzel on her journey to follow the Black Rocks and by the end of the season, discovers he is the long-lost son of King Edmund and the long-lost Prince of the Dark Kingdom.
- Princess Rapunzel (Mandy Moore) is the long-lost Princess of Corona. She tries her best to become a good future queen, even though her naive ways often get her into trouble. Rapunzel continues to grow as the series progresses as she gets to experience life all while still adjusting to her newfound life as a princess and getting to know her family and subjects. In Season 1, Rapunzel seeks answers regarding the return of her hair and her connection to the mysterious Black Rocks that have begun to sprout since the night her hair returned. In Season 2, Rapunzel leaves Corona and begins a long journey to follow the Black Rocks as they lead her towards her destiny.
- Cassandra (Eden Espinosa) is Princess Rapunzel's best friend and lady-in-waiting and is also the adopted daughter of the Captain of the Guards. She is a highly skilled warrior and dreams of one day becoming a royal guard herself. She has a strong dislike for Eugene, but eventually warms up to him. In Season 2, Cassandra joins Rapunzel on her journey to follow the path of the Black Rocks, but as the season gradually progresses, their friendship becomes increasingly strained and she ultimately turns against Rapunzel by stealing and merging with the Moonstone.
- King Frederic (Clancy Brown) is the King of Corona and Rapunzel's overprotective yet loving father. Since the night his only child was taken, he naturally fears and dislikes any kind of magic and due to this, Frederic greatly fears for Rapunzel's safety and forbids her from leaving Corona without his consent which occasionally causes issues between him and his daughter. However, as the first season progresses, he slowly comes to accept that Rapunzel is now an independent young woman and by the end of the season, gives Rapunzel his blessing to leave Corona to follow the Black Rocks and explore the world.
- Queen Arianna (Julie Bowen) is the Queen of Corona and Princess Rapunzel's birth mother. She wants her long-lost teenage daughter to follow her heart and do what she believes in. As an early coronation present, she had given her daughter a journal to fill its pages with her own adventures, encouraging her to find her own destiny.
- Pascal and Maximus (Dee Bradley Baker)
- Fidella is Cassandra's horse and Maximus's love interest.
- Corona Royal Guards are servants of King Frederic.
- The Pub Thugs are a bunch of thugs that hang out at the Snuggly Duckling pub and were befriended by Rapunzel and Eugene.
- Hook Foot (Jeff Ross) is the hook-footed younger brother of Hook Hand. Hook Foot takes the place of his brother who is on a world tour as a concert pianist. Hook Foot joins Rapunzel and Eugene on their adventures in season 2. But in The Brothers Hook, he joins his brother as a dancer on his world tour.
- Big Nose (Jeffrey Tambor) is a big-nosed thug that is the romantic of the thugs.
- Shorty (Paul F. Tompkins) is a short, old, and crazy thug. Shorty joins Rapunzel and Eugene on their adventures in season 2.
- Vladimir (Charles Halford) is a thug in a bull-horned helmet that is the strongest of the thugs. He was previously voiced by Richard Kiel in the movie.
- Attila Buckethead (Steve Blum) is a thug in a full metal helmet whose passion is baking. He becomes Monty's assistant in One Angry Princess. He was previously voiced by Byron Howard in the movie.
- Ulf is a thug who seeks to become a professional mime. In accordance with his profession, he never speaks.
- Lady Caine (Laura Benanti) is the main antagonist of Tangled: Before Ever After and the first half of the first season. On Rapunzel's coronation day she launches an attack alongside some thieves, in order to obtain revenge on King Frederic for taking her father away. Rapunzel has no other choice and reveals her new 70-foot-long golden hair and, with the help of her friends, defeat all the thugs who are arrested. She returns in Max's Enemy where her horse Axel breaks her out without any suspicion as he intentionally became part of the royal guard. However, Maximus has suspected Axel all along and stops the two.
- Nigel (Peter MacNicol) is King Frederic's adviser.
- Xavier (Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje) is a blacksmith who appears to be well-versed with Corona's history.
- Lance Strongbow (James Monroe Iglehart) is Eugene's old childhood friend and former partner-in-crime from his younger thieving days. His real name is revealed to be Arnwaldo Schnitz. He first appeared in The Return of Strongbow. He joins Rapunzel and Eugene on their adventures in Season 2.
- Varian (Jeremy Jordan) is a clumsy but smart, young alchemist who attempts to help Rapunzel discover the secrets of her newly regrown hair. He becomes the main antagonist for the first season finale because Rapunzel has been too preoccupied with saving Corona from a winter storm to help him save his father from being entombed in crystal. Bent on revenge, Varian uses Rapunzel to acquire what remains of the Sun Drop flower, learning that its magic has transferred itself into Rapunzel and capturing Queen Arianna to force Rapunzel to help him. Varian is enraged when the attempt fails and is only stopped once Rapunzel accepts her connection with the black rocks to wipe out Varian's automaton army. Varian is arrested for his crimes against Corona soon after, but vows he will release his father. King Frederic promises Rapunzel that, one day, Varian will receive all the help he needs.
- Angry (Vivian Vencer) is an angry black-haired young orphan and thief whom Eugene and Lance convinced to change her ways in Big Brothers of Corona, crossing paths with the former again in Vigor the Visionary when she attempted to find her parents but was deceived by the Daylight Thieves.
- Red (Ruby Jay) is a quiet young red-haired orphan who is both Angry's best friend and partner in crime, being the closest thing angry has to a sister.
- Old Lady Crowley (Pat Carroll) is a grumpy old lady never known to smile. Eugene calls her Scowley Crowley.
- Willow (Jane Krakowski) is Queen Arianna's estranged younger sister who arrives unexpectedly on Arianna's birthday. As a birthday present, she gives Arianna a small creature with a green rattle that she must keep at all times lest it reproduce asexually and go on a rampage.
- Feldspar (Zachary Levi) is the local cobbler of Corona. Levi does an impression of comedian Ed Wynn for the character.
- Mother Gothel (Donna Murphy) is the deceased adoptive mother of Rapunzel who abducted her as an infant due to her golden hair's unique healing abilities, which she then hoarded for herself to maintain her youth and beauty. She aged into dust at the end of the original movie. She is first seen in one of Rapunzel's nightmares shortly after her 70-foot golden hair mysteriously grew back and gained new mystical abilities. Gothel claims to have "risen from the dead" and that it was time for Rapunzel to return to her tower where she would be "safe and secure." She reappears in a dream of a perfect life made by Matthews in Rapunzeltopia to hand the great mystical powers of the Sundrop over the his master, Zhan Tiri. In Lost and Found it is implied that she was once a pupil of Lord Demanitus, along with Matthews and Mrs. Sugarby before they betrayed him to free and serve Zhan Tiri.
- The Stabbington Brothers (Ron Perlman) are the former partners-in-crime of Eugene, whom he betrayed in his thieving days as Flynn Rider. They had worked with Mother Gothel to get Rapunzel back to avenge themselves on Eugene, but were captured by the royal guards soon after. They first appeared in Cassandra v. Eugene where they use the "game" created by Rapunzel to escape from their cell and capture Eugene and Cassandra. However, as they are about to kill him in revenge, he and Cass work together and defeat the two, who were presumably locked up once again.
- Ruth (Danielle Brooks) is a bitter ghost who was able to pass on to the afterlife with Rapunzel and the Snuggly Duckling gang's participation in one of her lost melodies.
- The Baron (Lance Henriksen) is an enemy of Eugene's and the main antagonist of Beyond the Corona Walls. He has a pet venomous Kai spider.
- Anthony (Gideon Emery), nicknamed the "Weasel," is a subordinate of the Baron.
- Stalyan (Yvonne Strahovski) is the Baron's daughter and Eugene's former girlfriend and fiancee whom he left at the altar. She returns in The Eye of Pincosta where she reluctantly works with Rapunzel to find the Eye that she and Eugene, as Flynn Rider, had stolen. She seems to reform as she accepts that Eugene is with the Princess now.
- Adira (Kelly Hu) is a mysterious and fierce warrior who knows of Rapunzel's quest, originating from the Dark Kingdom like Quirin and armed with a blade made of the same material as the black stones. Lance appears to have a crush on her. Debuting in the end of the Season 1 finale in a cameo, she appears as a supporting character and mysterious ally throughout Season 2.
- Vex (Britt Robertson) is a girl who demanded money for her services but changed her ways and became Quaid's deputy after the latter defeated the Collector in his rematch.
- Captain Quaid the Blade (Reg E. Cathey) is the sheriff of Vardaros who became a beekeeper after he met his match until he met Rapunzel and came out of retirement. It was Cathey's final role before his death.
- Vigor the Visionary (Dee Bradley Baker) is a psychic chimp who is ultimately revealed to contain the spirit of Lord Demanitus himself.
- Madame Canardist (Carol Kane) is an old gypsy woman who is Vigor's keeper and agent.
- Calliope (Natalie Palamides) is the Keeper of the Spire’s apprentice who is a talented illusionist.
- Hector (Kim Coates) is a sadistic member of the Brotherhood who safeguard the Moonstone from outsiders and resides in the Great Tree where he attempted to stop Rapunzel's group from advancing to the Dark Kingdom. He also considers Adira to be a traitor to King Edmund and the Brotherhood.
- Quirin (Jonathan Banks) is Varian's disapproving father, currently encased in golden crystal as a result of Varian introducing a chemical to the black rock spikes in his lab. Quirin was originally from the Dark Kingdom and had served under King Edmund, along with Adira and the rest of the Brotherhood, until he was commanded to leave as the black rock spikes and immeasurably powerful evil magical energies of the powerful Moonstone opal made their land uninhabitable. He had settled in the kingdom of Corona, where he had met and married Varian's dead mother.
- Hook Hand (Brad Garrett) is Hook Foot's big brother from the original film. At the beginning of the series, he left Corona on tour to live out his dream as a concert pianist. He later invites his brother to join him on his tour.
- Lord Demanitus (Timothy Dalton) is a legendary scientist who researched the Sundrop and the Moonstone before being betrayed by his apprentices who summoned Zhan Tiri to their world. Demanitus eventually sends Zhan Tiri back to his realm after a series of battles, scattering his research on the Sundrop and Moonstone to prevent their misuse. Demanitus then used a combination of science and magic to transfer his soul into the vessel that came to be known as Vigor the Visionary to conceal himself from his enemies. While Demanitus surfaced during the events of Lost and Found to help Rapunzel acquire the last part of his research, it was temporary with his mind permanently subverted within his vessel.
- Zhan Tiri is a demon warlock from another reality who was mentioned in numerous legends that include him causing an all-consuming blizzard that threatens Corona when at its weakest and corrupting the Great Tree into his personal fortress before he was sealed back into his dimension by Lord Demanitus. Zhan Tiri's spectral servants Sugracha and Matthews both sought to bring their master back into their world.
- King Edmund (Bruce Campbell) is the ruler of the Dark Kingdom and Eugene's long-lost father. He comes from a long line of rulers who have all sworn to protect the Moontone. However, twenty-five years earlier when the power of the Moonstone began to destroy his kingdom, King Edmund tried to rid himself of the Moonstone, but his attempts failed and caused a catastrophic event that led to the death of his wife. In order to protect his subjects and keep any from seeking the Moonstone's power, King Edmund ordered everyone, including his advisors Quirin, Adira and Hector to leave for their own safety along with his infant son, Eugene. King Edmund has since remained in the Dark Kingdom to stop anyone from seeking the Moonstone. In the Season 2 finale, King Edmund is reunited with Eugene and tries to seek his aid to help destroy the Moonstone, but he eventually relents when he recognises the great faith Eugene has for Rapunzel's ability to stop the Moonstone once and for all.
|First aired||Last aired|
|Film||March 10, 2017|
|1||21||March 24, 2017||January 13, 2018|
|2||21||June 24, 2018||April 14, 2019|
|Title||Original air date||U.S. viewers|
|1||Tangled: Before Ever After||March 10, 2017|
Season 1 (2017–18)
|Title||Original air date|
|1||1||"What the Hair"||March 24, 2017|
|Nearly a week after her coronation, Rapunzel and Cassandra seek out an alchemist in their first attempt at solving the mystery as to how and why Rapunzel's 70-foot golden hair grew back. Eugene follows them, but things don't go quite as planned: they find Varian, a 14-year-old alchemist who agrees to help uncover the mystery of Rapunzel's hair. However, Varian had built some underground machines which run out of control and destroy the village. Luckily, no one is hurt and the test shows some important facts about Rapunzel's hair: it's completely indestructible and doesn't have any healing powers any more, but now can completely cover somebody and protect them. As they leave, Rapunzel begins telling Eugene about the events of the night when her hair grew back (which Eugene promises to keep secret) and the black rocks slowly start to grow back and multiply.|
|2||2||"Rapunzel's Enemy"||March 31, 2017|
|During the annual Gopher Festival, Rapunzel is booed by a man in the crowd when she shows her new emblem to the people of Corona. After finding out that the person who booed her is an elderly shopkeeper whom everyone loves, Rapunzel is determined to uncover the reason for Uncle Monty's disapproval of her, even if it means disguising herself. Eventually, she inspires Monty to participate at the Gopher Festival Tournament, but during the race she has to rescue him from a waterfall, blowing her disguise. Monty explains that he booed her because he doesn't like all the changes in the kingdom that have occurred since her return; the two remain enemies, but respect each other. Monty wins the race and Rapunzel boos him as a sign of their "special relationship." At his sweets shop, Monty looks very proudly at his trophy, realizing he wouldn't have won if Rapunzel hadn't helped him follow his dream.|
|3||3||"Fitzherbert P.I."||April 7, 2017|
|After catching a criminal, Eugene trains to be a royal guard. Unfortunately, the Captain of the Guards, who happens to be Cassandra's father, shares Cassandra's loathing of him. He does his best to make Eugene fail, even using manoeuvres so underhanded that even Cassandra objects to them. Meanwhile, Rapunzel prepares for her royal portrait to be painted by the revered Italian painter Giovanni. Eugene realizes that Giovanni is a fraud and manages to catch the imposter. The Captain of the Guards then gives Eugene a job of his own: teaching the guards to "think like a thief" in order to catch one.|
|4||4||"Challenge of the Brave"||April 14, 2017|
|Cassandra trains hard to enter the "Challenge of the Brave," but when Rapunzel learns of the competition, she wants to enter as well. Cassandra lies to Rapunzel to keep her out of the competition, but Rapunzel later learns through Eugene that anyone can enter. They both make it to the final battle and Rapunzel wins because Cassandra accidentally steps out of the ring. Cassandra accepts this and introduces the audience to the winner, but realizing her friend's true feelings, Rapunzel gives the trophy to Cassandra and they both smile and give each other a hug.|
|5||5||"Cassandra vs. Eugene"||April 21, 2017|
|Cassandra and Eugene have been arguing a lot. In an attempt to force them to stop bickering, Rapunzel tricks both into a dungeon cell from which they must settle their differences to escape by solving a series of quizzes. Rapunzel's plan doesn't go well when the Stabbington Brothers take advantage of Cassandra and Eugene's failure in order to break jail and take the two prisoners. Cassandra and Eugene work together and manage to take the brothers down and (with Rapunzel's help) escape through the secret passages beneath Corona. Cassandra and Eugene are now on better terms--until another squabble between the two breaks out, in which Rapunzel decides not to take part.|
|6||6||"The Return of Strongbow"||April 28, 2017|
|An old childhood friend and partner-in-crime of Eugene's, Lance Strongbow, comes to Corona to ask him for help. Cassandra, naturally, does not trust Strongbow. Eugene reluctantly decides to aid his childhood accomplice, but learns that they have broken into the basement of "the Baron," an old enemy of theirs. They manage to escape with his treasure, but find a ring with Corona's crest in it; Eugene suddenly recalls that the ring he had stolen eight years ago had belonged to Queen Arianna. Rapunzel and Cassandra find out and Lance apologizes for all his trespasses against Eugene, promising to change. Eugene confesses all his past actions to Arianna, who forgives him. Eugene gives Rapunzel a jeweled flower and apologizes for having lied to her. King Frederic sees the ring on Arianna's finger; she explains that Eugene had "found it that morning." Lance keeps his promise and donates the treasure to the Corona orphanage.|
|7||7||"In Like Flynn"||July 23, 2017|
|When Corona is pranked by a rival kingdom, King Frederic sets off to prank it back, accompanied by Eugene who wants to gain Rapunzel's father's respect. The two sneak into King Trevor's castle; Eugene discovers that Frederic was planning to steal Trevor's pet seal, but the two are captured and locked up. Frederic informs Eugene he could respect no one any more than the man who returned his daughter. The two escape and prank King Trevor by dropping him through one of his own trapdoors and set his pet seal free. Meanwhile, Rapunzel tries to master the art of pranking, which is a new concept to her. King Trevor ends up tied to one of his statues with a sign reading "Corona Rules" and the seal happily swimming in the sea. Back in Corona, Rapunzel finally understands the art of pranking.|
|8||8||"Great Expotations"||July 30, 2017|
|A science exposition is held in Corona; Cassandra has a chance to go on guard duty, but must finish her lady-in-waiting obligations first. Varian bargains with Cass to help finish her chores if she agrees to assist him in his demonstration. However, Cass accepts an assignment to guard the famous scientist who is judging the contest and is thus unavailable. When things go wrong, though, she chooses her friend over duty. Meanwhile, Rapunzel tries to make an entry for the science fair. After the science fair is over, Varian shows Cassandra and Rapunzel the strange black rock spikes outside his village, much like the ones that made Rapunzel's hair grow back. Varian decides to help Rapunzel and Cass uncover the mystery of these rock spikes and the connection between them and the newfound magical abilities of Rapunzel's regrown hair.|
|9||9||"Under Raps"||August 6, 2017|
|During a love festival, Corona displays a book full of signatures of lovers in honor of an old ruler's falling in love with the leader of a rival kingdom. Cassandra suddenly turns very secretive; Rapunzel learns it's because she's been seeing a guy. Cassandra doesn't want Rapunzel meddling, but the princess suggests a double date and they all go off in a hot air balloon. The guy turns out to be part of an old faction that didn't like the unification of Corona and wants to steal the book, as Cassandra had suspected that all along. With Rapunzel and Eugene's help, she manages to defeat him and recover the book. Cassandra receives a medal for her actions.|
|10||10||"One Angry Princess"||August 13, 2017|
|Attila is finally opening up his own bakery, but people generally don't want to stop by because of his scary helmet. The next day, Monty's Sweet Shoppe is destroyed, and Attila is arrested. He is about to be banished from the kingdom, but Rapunzel makes an appeal to investigate the matter further. She fails to learn the truth within the 24-hour time limit, but does figure it out just as the boat is leaving. It turns out it was actually the goat who trashed the store, being trapped inside when the store's bell rang and sent it into a rampage. Attila teams up with Monty and they open a sweet shop together.|
|11||11||"Pascal's Story"||August 20, 2017|
|A flashback shows how Pascal arrived at the Rapunzel's tower and became her friend. In the present, Pascal wants to spend time with Rapunzel as in the tower, but her princess duties and new friends keep pushing him aside. Feeling rejected, he runs away to return to the tower. An old predator seeks revenge on the small lizard now that he's all alone again. Rapunzel realizes that Pascal has gone missing and cancels every royal activity planned in order to look for him. Realizing where he has gone, Rapunzel, Eugene, and Cassandra seek the place "where everything happened." Rapunzel enters the tower alone and helps Pascal drive the predator away. The two reconcile and Rapunzel promises to spend more time together with her old friend.|
|12||12||"Big Brothers of Corona"||October 1, 2017|
|While trying to find Lance a job, Eugene and he are tasked by the Captain of the Guards with capturing a mysterious thief robbing the people of Corona. They do so, but discover that the "thief" is actually two young homeless girls. Sympathizing with the girls, Eugene and Lance decide to help them change their ways. After the girls steal Rapunzel's tiara, Eugene and Lance discover the girls are fleeing their own old enemy, the Baron, and exchange themselves for them. The girls come back to help them escape and return everything they've stolen before leaving. Lance obtains a new job as the chef of the Snuggly Duckling. Meanwhile, Cassandra is accidentally hurt and Rapunzel keeps trying to help her recover, but the princess's attempts always end more annoying than helpful.|
|13||13||"The Wrath of Ruthless Ruth"||October 8, 2017|
|Rapunzel and the Captain of the Guard are trapped in the Snuggly Duckling by a fierce storm; the building turns out to be haunted by its former owner, Ruthless Ruth. The Captain and the thugs attempt to escape, but the pub is surrounded by magic and there is no escape until they give Ruth what she wants. Rapunzel follows the clues and finds that despite Ruth's reputation as the "worst thug that ever lived," she did also have a dream: to hear her song being sung by someone else. Everyone, including the Captain, all sing Ruth's song and are now free. Rapunzel and the Captain of the Guard return to the castle where Rapunzel realizes how worried her father is and avoids any confrontation about his sending the whole royal guard to look after her.|
|14||14||"Max's Enemy"||October 15, 2017|
|A new horse, Axel, shows up in Corona and quickly shows up Max in every way, even joining the royal guard and beating all of Max's former records. However, only Max sees the devious nature of Axel's behavior: his true intention was to rescue Lady Caine from the dungeon, along with the gold transfer already planned. Max falls into a trap set by Axel. While he and Lady Caine escape with the gold without any suspicion, Rapunzel looks for Max to apologize for everyone's ignoring him, but finds the trap and discovers the plan as well. Rapunzel and Max chase after the two villains and after Lady Caine is recaptured Max races Axel, defeating him just as Rapunzel, Eugene, Lance, and the guards arrive. Max is seen as a hero by everyone again.|
|15||15||"The Way of the Willow"||October 22, 2017|
|It's Queen Arianna's birthday, and she receives an unexpected guest: her estranged sister, Willow. Willow and Rapunzel quickly bond, sharing a lot of the same personality traits, and Arianna feels a bit left out. To add to her aggravation, Willow has given her a pet with an annoying rattle. Eventually, Arianna explodes at her sister, letting her know her irritation with her and throws away the rattle. The pet starts to multiply and rampage over the countryside. The sisters make up and retrieve the rattle, which calms the beast and removes all the other critters. Willow disappears, promising to be more responsible, but forgets the pet she promised to look after.|
|16||16||"Queen for a Day"||November 19, 2017|
|The black rocks keep spreading in Old Corona and begin to approach the castle; Varian and his father Quirin go to talk to King Frederic. When Quirin says nothing about the rocks, Varian talks to Rapunzel who promises to help. Rapunzel takes over the kingdom while her parents go away for their anniversary. Varian starts testing the mystical rocks, but his father forbids him, refusing to tell him anything. A blizzard strikes Corona, keeping everyone inside their houses, and an accident in the mountains traps Frederic and Arianna; Rapunzel sends Eugene and the other thugs to rescue them. One of Varian's experiments result in the rocks trapping Quirin; Varian rushes to ask for Rapunzel's help. Rapunzel tells him that she can't help him just then, leaving Varian feeling betrayed. Rapunzel orders the evacuation of the island, but then remembers about a legend told earlier by Xavier about an underground machine with the power to change the way of the blizzard. After all these disasters, Rapunzel is unsure if she wants to be queen, while Varian swears revenge.|
|17||17||"Painter's Block"||November 25, 2017|
|Traumatized after the previous events, Rapunzel is feeling out of sorts, even having trouble painting again, and starts taking a class with a mysterious new art instructor. The other members of the class disappear one by one to a mysterious location by the sea, apparently painting an old, withered tree. The instructor is revealed to actually be an old witch serving Zhan Tiri (the monster who released the blizzard), released after the use of the weather machine and wishing to release her master as well. Eugene and Cassandra go to rescue Rapunzel, but after they are captured, Rapunzel must finish the painting and release Zhan Tiri in order to rescue them. Now understanding that "difficult decisions are what make us who we are", Rapunzel destroys the painting, trapping Zhan Tiri and the witch forever, and saving Eugene and Cassandra. Rapunzel recovers her positive attitude.|
|18||18||"Not in the Mood"||December 2, 2017|
|Thanks to Max and Pascal's intervention, Rapunzel, Eugene, and Cassandra magically exchange personalities during an important royal visit. They turn to Xavier for his help in reversing their personalities to normal. Unfortunately, the elixir switches everyone's character, making a mess of the royal visit. Luckily, Rapunzel earns the respect of the visitor who accepts an alliance with Corona. Rapunzel throws the half-filled potion vial into the river, surprised that something so small could have such an effect; instead of sinking, it floats down to Old Corona and is found by Varian.|
|19||19||"The Quest for Varian"||December 9, 2017|
|After another nightmare about her hair, Rapunzel receives a message from Varian saying he may have solved the mystery of the rocks and needs her help finding the bronze Graphtyc. Rapunzel and her friends journey to Old Corona, which is now overgrown by the Black Rocks. Along the way, they come across a group of masked figures who are out to stop Rapunzel from seeking the answers she wants.|
|20||20||"The Alchemist Returns"||December 16, 2017|
|Varian comes to Rapunzel for help in finding the remnants of the mystical golden flower, which may hold the key to stopping the Black Rocks. Working together, they venture through the old tunnels beneath Corona. However, as they reach their prize, Varian betrays Rapunzel and steals the flower so he can use it to free his father. Nevertheless, his attempt fails, only for him to realize that the golden flower's healing magic now exists within Rapunzel.|
|21||21||"Secret of the Sun Drop"||January 13, 2018|
Season 2 (2018–19)
|Title||Original air date|
|22||1||"Beyond the Corona Walls"||June 24, 2018|
|Rapunzel has begun following the Black Rocks and joining her on her journey are Eugene, Cassandra, Pascal, Maximus, Fidella, Owl, Lance, Hook Foot and Shorty. During this time, Eugene is planning on proposing to Rapunzel again, but when Rapunzel accidentally reveals herself when he is practicing it causes an awkward situation between the couple when Rapunzel doesn't give him an answer. Meanwhile, Rapunzel and the group are making their first stop in Vardaros, a city Eugene and Lance previously visited in their past, but discover it has become overrun with criminals. While Eugene and the boys remain in the city to gather supplies, news of Eugene's arrival quickly spreads among the citizens, including the city's leader, the Baron, a criminal kingpin who previously worked with Eugene and Lance in the past and seeks revenge. Eugene, Lance and Shorty are quickly captured by the Baron's men and taken to his castle where they met by the Baron and his daughter, Stalyan, Eugene's ex-fiancée. The Baron threatens Lance's life unless Eugene marries Stalyan. Meanwhile, Rapunzel and Cassandra meet Adira, a mysterious warrior who harbors knowledge on the Black Rocks, but their meeting is interrupted when Hook Foot arrives and reveals Eugene has been kidnapped. Rapunzel and the group return to Vardaros to find Eugene, only to learn about his engagement to Stalyan, leaving Rapunzel heartbroken and regretting her decision on rejecting Eugene's marriage proposal. However, after being encouraged by Cassandra, Rapunzel returns to Vardaros and stops the wedding between Eugene and Stalyan, resulting in a fight breaking out. The Baron is defeated, Lance is saved and Rapunzel and Eugene are reunited and decide to once again hold off on marriage. Rapunzel and the group resume their journey, but not before Rapunzel receives a scroll piece from Adira with new information on the Black Rocks.|
|23||2||"The Return of Quaid"||July 1, 2018|
|24||3||"Goodbye & Goodwill"||July 8, 2018|
|In hopes of further uplifting the spirits of the citizens, Rapunzel decides to bring the Goodwill festival to Vardaros, but the citizens are not enthusiastic about the upcoming festivities until Cassandra presents daring and dangerous activities. Rapunzel and Cassandra attempt to work together, but they quickly begin to argue and disagree, resulting in them breaking off their partnership and planning their own separate events. However, Rapunzel notices everyone is more interested in Cassandra's ideas and attempts a reconciliation, but the competitiveness between them further escalates and Rapunzel prepares the final event, featuring both dangers and thrills. Eugene tries to help Rapunzel and Cassandra mend their friendship and handcuffs them together. Meanwhile, Lance and Hook Foot are in charge of finding a gopher for the final event, but bring back a dangerous Sneezeweasel instead that quickly begins to cause harm and disarray. Rapunzel and Cassandra work together to stop the Sneezeweasel and at the same time reconcile their friendship. By the end of the festival, Rapunzel and the group leave Vardaros and continue on their journey.|
|25||4||"Forest of No Return"||July 15, 2018|
|The group finds themselves lost in the mysterious, ever-changing "Forest of No Return". Eugene's navigating skills prove disastrous for everyone until the mysterious Adira appears yet again, with a map that can lead them through it. Eugene becomes envious of Adira, and becomes separated from the group after falling into a sink pool. They eventually find their way out and continue their journey on the black rock trail.|
|26||5||"Freebird"||July 22, 2018|
|When their caravan breaks down, Rapunzel and Cassandra wander off, where they eventually meet a couple only known as the Mother and Father, who trick them into drinking a tea that turns them into birds. Though assured that they could using magical eggs to return to normal before they lose their intelligence within an hour, the group finds out that the Mother and Father have been tricking and imprisoning innocent people as birds. As the group escapes and use the eggs to restore the villains' victims to normal, the supply runs out for Rapunzel, angering Cassandra enough to smash the magic teapot, causing the villains to vanish. Fortuitously, a transformed Shorty produces the eggs needed to restore himself and Rapunzel to normal.|
|27||6||"Vigor the Visionary"||July 29, 2018|
|Rapunzel and Eugene are on a romantic date together until they come across a fortune-teller, Madame Canardist who presents them her pet monkey, Vigor the Visionary who can make psychic predictions. While Eugene refuses to believe fortune-tellers to be real, he and Rapunzel soon find themselves helping Madame Canardist when Vigor is stolen. Eugene discovers the thieves to be Angry and Red, who revealed they "borrowed" Vigor as Angry believes he can help her find her long lost family. Eugene and Rapunzel agree to help, despite Eugene's concerns and doubts. Vigor begins to lead the group and soon Angry is apparently reunited with her family who also welcome Red. However, Eugene and Rapunzel learn the couple are not Angry's real family and are actually two thieves in hiding. Angry and Red subdue the criminals, but Angry is left upset and hurt. Eugene comforts Angry, helping her realize she has found a new family in Red, uplifting her spirits. The group returns Vigor to Madame Canardist and Red and Angry once again part ways with Eugene and Rapunzel.|
|28||7||"Keeper of the Spire"||August 5, 2018|
|In order to acquire the third scroll piece, Rapunzel, Eugene, Cassandra and Lance travel to the home of the Keeper of the Spire and meet Calliope who informs them the third piece is kept inside the Spire’s vault at the top of the mountain. The group begins the long journey to the Spire's vault the following day and become increasingly annoyed by Calliope’s rude, arrogant and inconsiderate behavior. Despite Calliope's treatment, Rapunzel insists they still need her help all while they being dangerously pursued by the vault's protector, the Kurlock. The group eventually reach the Spire's vault, but again encounter the Kurlock and discover Calliope is not the real Keeper of the Spire. Calliope admits she is actually the Keeper’s apprentice, but felt she lost purpose in herself when the Keeper mysteriously disappeared. Rapunzel encourages Calliope and by working together, they succeed in defeating the Kurlock and acquiring the third scroll piece. Calliope is reunited with the real Keeper who reveals this was Calliope's final test to which she has successfully passed, allowing her to become the new Keeper of the Spire. After parting ways, Rapunzel and the group learn the third scroll piece contains an image of a hooded male figure.|
|29||8||"King Pascal"||August 12, 2018|
|The group is stranded on an island after a storm. The tiny islanders, the Lorbs, mistake Pascal for their mystical ruler; the chameleon loves the adulation, until he’s expected to protect his people from a vicious monster.|
|30||9||"There's Something About Hook Foot"||August 19, 2018|
|The group have recently begun to notice a change in Hook Foot's behavior and discover he has developed romantic feelings for a mermaid named Seraphina, but is nervous about his upcoming first romantic date with her. Rapunzel and Eugene attempt to help Hook Foot by offering him advice, but realize they have a difference in opinion on how Hook Foot should behave. Eventually, Hook Foot and Seraphina's first date arrives and despite a rocky upstart, Hook Foot and Seraphina grow closer and fall in love. However, Water Goblins suddenly appear from the ocean and are after Seraphina, who is revealed to be a thief after stealing a priceless delicate pearl. Seraphina and Hook Foot attempt to run away together, but after seeing Hook Foot and his friends in danger, Seraphina willingly gives herself to save them.|
|31||10||"Happiness Is"||August 26, 2018|
|Rapunzel begins to feel homesick for Corona when she finds an old letter written by her father in one of the many lanterns sent from her previous birthdays. In attempts to uplift her spirits, Rapunzel explores the island and comes across a magical idol that brings instant happiness to whomever possesses it. Rapunzel begins to hallucinate her family and friends back in Corona and soon shares the idol with the rest of the group. However, everyone starts to become obsessive over the idol, desperately wanting it for themselves. Rapunzel tricks everyone into giving her the idol, but when the Lorbs try to help Rapunzel, they fall under the idol's control and soon begin to terrorize the village. Rapunzel's friends and the Lorbs begin to fight each other to acquire the idol and Rapunzel, finally realizing the error of her ways, manages to gain the idol and with the help of Eugene and Cassandra overcomes its power and destroys it. The group and Lorbs hold a celebration in honor of their victory and Rapunzel comes to terms with her homesickness and sends a lantern back to Corona and her parents.|
|32||11||"Peril on the High Seas"||March 3, 2019|
|Rapunzel and the group are finally leaving Tirapai Island when the cargo ferry arrives, but Eugene and Maximus get into an argument, resulting in them falling overboard. They manage to save themselves on a passing ship, but discover it to be a prison ship where all the criminals, including the Stabbington Brothers, Lady Caine and Axel have escaped and taken control. Eugene and Maximus attempt to escape, but discover the villains' plot to ambush the cargo ferry and set out to stop them. Meanwhile, Rapunzel and the group discover Eugene and Maximus are missing and set out to rescue them.|
|33||12||"Curses"||March 10, 2019|
|After "stealing" a telescope, which was a present from her father, Rapunzel is cursed by Vigor the Visionary, as she and her companions traverse a mountain pass. Hook Foot gives her clues on how to break it by making a potion from the Source Book of Superstitions while Cassandra and Lance cover themselves with good luck charms. Eugene is skeptical but encourages Rapunzel to make her own luck.|
|34||13||"The Eye of Pincosta"||March 10, 2019|
|The group arrive in the town of Pincosta, but Eugene is immediately thrown in jail for having previously stolen the town's largest diamond, the Eye of Pincosta. The sheriff declares Eugene to work in the deadly copper mines and soon the rest of the group are thrown in jail. Rapunzel negotiates with the sheriff, offering to find and retrieve the Eye of Pincosta in exchange for Eugene and the group's release. The sheriff agrees, but on the condition that Rapunzel returns in two days. Rapunzel confronts Eugene about the theft and reluctantly, Eugene reveals he previously worked together with Stalyan, forcing Rapunzel to seek out Stalyan and persuades her to help.|
|35||14||"Rapunzel & the Great Tree"||March 17, 2019|
|The group makes it to the Great Tree, only to be confronted by a new adversary: Hector, the brother of Adira, sworn to keep all from reaching the Dark Kingdom. As they navigate through the Great Tree, Rapunzel discovers the Moonstone incantation which overwhelms the magical powers of the Sundrop in her blonde hair and causes injury and weakness to those around her. Despite all that has happened, Rapunzel is determined to continue on toward the Dark Kingdom to uncover the truth behind her destiny.|
|36||15||"The Brothers Hook"||March 24, 2019|
|Princess Rapunzel takes everyone to see Hook Hand in concert. However, this brings back bad memories in Hook Foot, as he was always overshadowed and looked down on by his elder brother. Hook Hand is revealed to be employed by the self-centered King Trevor who wants Hook Hand to play at the ceremony of the marriage between the Seal of Equis and his female mate. Hook Foot finally fulfills his childhood dream of dancing by humiliating King Trevor in a dance-off, which he wins as the female seal is the judge. This finally brings Hook Hand to accept his younger brother's dreams and allows him to accompany him on the road.|
|37||16||"Rapunzel: Day One"||March 24, 2019|
|Rapunzel and Cassandra come across an abandoned magic stall while searching for parts of their destroyed caravan. The stall contains a wand of forgetting. Cassandra impulsively wishes that Rapunzel would "just forget about everything" when she was tired of her trying to patch things up between them, which results in Rapunzel regressing to when she was still in her tower with Gothel.|
|38||17||"Mirror, Mirror"||March 31, 2019|
|When their caravan is waylaid by a fallen tree in the middle of a storm, the group stop by a seashell house owned by a Frenchman named Matthews. As they explore the house, they come across a mirror that houses evil doppelgängers who quickly replace everyone except Rapunzel and Pascal. Through their quick thinking, Rapunzel manages to save everyone and trap their doubles. They try to leave, but the storm is still raging, forcing the group to stay for the night, unaware that the tree that trapped them was purposely chopped down by an ax.|
|39||18||"You're Kidding Me"||March 31, 2019|
|Still trapped in the mysterious seashell estate, the group try to find another way out but find a spinning top whose magic regresses Cassandra and Lance into toddlers and Shorty into a baby. Rapunzel and Eugene try their best to act like parents, but they each have different ways to approach their friends without upsetting them. They later succeed in getting Cassandra, Lance and Shorty back to their actual ages, but still have yet to find a way out of the estate. Matthews is revealed to be another disciple of the dark sorcerer Zhan Tiri, who has ordered him to "keep the Sundrop in the house forever".|
|40||19||"Rapunzeltopia"||April 7, 2019|
|Matthews reveals himself as another dark spirit and disciple of Zhan Tiri, and traps Eugene, Lance and the others in unbreakable vines similar to the Great Tree's evil magic. He has Princess Rapunzel live the perfect life while he prepares to hand over the mystical powers of the Sundrop to his master. Fortunately, Princess Rapunzel is able to make contact with her brown-haired dream self and attempts to convince her to let go. She manages to gain control over the dream world and have Matthews overpowered, causing the House of Yesterday's Tomorrow to vanish. Cassandra seems to have been left behind, but suddenly reappears through the remaining door. Rapunzel embraces her close friend, but she is acting slightly strange, which Owl notices. With everyone out, the group is one step closer towards the Dark Kingdom.|
|41||20||"Lost & Found"||April 7, 2019|
|Rapunzel and Eugene go on a journey to retrieve the fourth and final piece of the scroll that will lead them to the Dark Kingdom. They receive help from Vigor the Visionary, who reveals himself to be Lord Demanitus himself, the author of the scroll depicting the purpose of the Sundrop and Moonstone. He leads them to the maze that he hid the last piece of the scroll in. Guiding them through the maze, they obtain the last piece, which united the four into one singular map. As they are about to leave, they are attacked by a stone monster. Rapunzel and Eugene manage to defeat it. Vigor, in return, gives Eugene the jewel from his turban. That night, Eugene discovers the jewel is actually a locket. Upon opening it, he discovers a warning from Demanitus, saying that one member of their group will ultimately betray Rapunzel once they reach the Dark Kingdom. As Eugene scans the group, his eyes fall on Cassandra who flashes a sinister smile as she looks at Princess Rapunzel, which shocks him.|
|42||21||"Destinies Collide"||April 14, 2019|
|Princess Rapunzel and the gang finally reach the Dark Kingdom. They are immediately attacked by a man with a bear mask, who separates himself and Eugene from Rapunzel. This figure is revealed to be King Edmund, who tells Eugene that he is his father. Adira shows up and tells the group of the history of the Dark Kingdom, while Edmund tells Eugene to fulfill the destiny of his ancestors and keep Rapunzel from getting the Moonstone. Eugene, albeit reluctantly, listens to his father. Rapunzel, Cassandra, and the gang find another way in and battle with Edmund, who refuses to let Rapunzel take the Moonstone. 0Eugene finally relents and joins the group in battling his father, who sets the spirits of his ancestors on them. Just as Eugene is about to be struck down, Edmund himself gives in and allows Rapunzel passage to take the Moonstone. Rapunzel enters the chamber with Eugene and Cassandra and the rocks create a path for her. She thanks Eugene and Cassandra for everything and prepares to take the Moonstone. However, just before she grabs it, Cassandra takes it for herself and says that it's time for her to fulfill her destiny. She bonds with the Moonstone's immeasurable power, changing her appearance and turning her hair and eyes light blue. Princess Rapunzel and Eugene look on in horror as a chuckling Cassandra tells her that she warned her about who to trust.|
On June 3, 2015, Disney Channel announced that the series was in development. On February 15, 2017, it was announced that the series had been renewed for a second season ahead of the series premiere. The series features new songs from Alan Menken, who wrote and scored the songs for the original movie, and Glenn Slater.
On May 31, 2018, it was announced that the second season would premiere on June 24, 2018, and that the series had also been renewed for a third season. Additionally, it was also announced that the series would be re-titled as Rapunzel's Tangled Adventure.
Tangled: Short Cuts
- "Checkmate" (May 5, 2017)
- "Prison Bake" (May 12, 2017)
- "Make Me Smile" (May 19, 2017)
- "Hare Peace" (May 26, 2017)
- "Night Bite" (June 25, 2018)
- "Hiccup Fever" (July 7, 2018)
- "Snowball" (August 4, 2018)
- "Hairdon't" (August 20, 2018)
- "Unicorn-y" (August 23, 2018)
|Season||Episodes||First aired||Last aired||Rank||Avg. viewers
|1||23||March 24, 2017||TBD||January 13, 2018||TBD||TBD||TBD||TBD|
|2||24||June 24, 2018||TBD||April 14, 2019||TBD||TBD||TBD||TBD|
Awards and nominations
|2018||Annie Award||Best Animated Television/Broadcast
Production for Children
|Episode: "Queen for a Day"||Nominated|||
|Outstanding Achievement for Character Design
in an Animated Television/Broadcast Production
|Shane Prigmore, Bobby Pontillas,
Taylor Krahenbuhl, Mayumi Nose
(for Tangled: Before Ever After)
|Outstanding Achievement for Directing
in an Animated Television/Broadcast Production
|Tom Caulfield, Stephen Sandoval
(for Tangled: Before Ever After)
|Daytime Emmy Awards||Outstanding Individual in Animation||Tom Caulfield||Won|
|Outstanding Casting for an Animated Special or Series||Julia Pleasants, Sara Jane Sherman||Nominated|
|Outstanding Music Direction or Composition||Kevin Kliesch||Nominated|
|2019||Annie Award||Outstanding Achievement for Character Animation
in an Animated Television/Broadcast Production
|Juliane Martin (for "King Pascal")||Nominated|
|Outstanding Achievement for Character Design
in an Animated Television/Broadcast Production
|Amanda Jolly (for "Freebird")||Won|
|Daytime Emmy Award||Outstanding Casting for an Animated Series or Special||Pending|
- Elizabeth Wagmeister (June 3, 2015). "Tangled Animated TV Series Based on Film Coming to Disney Channel". Variety. Retrieved July 16, 2016.
- Liz Calvario (February 15, 2017). "Rapunzel's Tangled Adventure Gets Early Season 2 Renewal at Disney Channel". Deadline. Retrieved March 18, 2017.
- Max Evry (March 8, 2016). "Tangled: Before Ever After Adds Ashley Judd, Jeffrey Tambor & More". Coming Soon. Retrieved March 28, 2016.
- Kimberly Nordyke (May 31, 2018). "Tangled, Starring Mandy Moore, Renewed at Disney Channel with New Name". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved May 31, 2018.
- "Shows A-Z - rapunzel's tangled adventure on disney". The Futon Critic. Retrieved March 22, 2019.
- "Night Bite". YouTube Disneychannel. June 25, 2018. Retrieved June 27, 2018.
- "Hiccup Fever". YouTube Disneychannel. July 7, 2018.
- "Snowball". YouTube Disneychannel. August 4, 2018.
- "Hairdon't". YouTube Disneychannel. August 20, 2018.
- "Unicorn-y". YouTube Disneychannel. August 23, 2018.
- Mercedes Milligan (March 29, 2017). "Tangled Before Ever After Arrives on DVD April 11". Animation Magazine. Retrieved June 9, 2017.
- "Rapunzel's Tangled Adventure: Queen for a Day". Entertainment One: The Planner. Retrieved November 9, 2017.
- "Nominees: Best Animated Television/Broadcast Production for Children". Annie Awards. Retrieved January 6, 2018.
- "Nominees: Outstanding Achievement for Character Design in an Animated Television / Broadcast Production". Annie Awards. Retrieved January 6, 2018.
- "Outstanding Achievement for Directing in an Animated Television / Broadcast Production". Annie Awards. Retrieved January 6, 2018.
Cite error: A list-defined reference named "Zap2it-Season1" is not used in the content (see the help page).
Cite error: A list-defined reference named "Zap2it-Season2" is not used in the content (see the help page).
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: Rapunzel's Tangled Adventure|