Tania del Rio
This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (July 2007) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Tania del Rio|
In 2003, Tania’s manga entry, Lovesketch, was selected to appear in TOKYOPOP’s Rising Stars of Manga anthology, volume 2. She worked for Archie Comics as the writer and artist of Sabrina, the Teenage Witch, a monthly comic that was given a shōjo manga makeover from 2004 to 2009. She has also occasionally worked on Archie's Sonic the Hedgehog comic as both writer and artist. In addition to her work at Archie, Tania has also written for Marvel (Spider-Man/Araña: The Hunter Revealed), and writes a monthly manga column for Popcultureshock.com called "Read This Way". She also has a webcomic, My Poorly Drawn Life, that she updates weekly.
In Fall, 2006, Tania’s company, SteelRiver Studio, published a book through HarperCollins Publishers entitled Mangaka America, a gallery and tutorial book featuring emerging North American manga artists.
She now resides in Los Angeles. In her spare time, Tania enjoys reading manga, knitting and crocheting, play video games, as well as collaborating with her husband on their personal comic projects: Knit-Wits and Muerte.
- Sabrina manga page, Archie Comics Archived June 14, 2006, at the Wayback Machine.
- "Mangaka America: Manga by America's Hottest Artists (9780061137693): Steelriver Studio Llc: Books". Amazon.com. Retrieved 2010-12-27.
- "New York Comic Con - biggest and most exciting popular culture convention on the East Coast! - New York Comic Con & New York Anime Festival". Nycomiccon.com. Retrieved 2010-12-27.
- Del Rio's Profile on her Live Journal - Retrieved March 6, 2008
- Official website
- My Poorly Drawn Life
- The Witching Hour: Tania del Rio's blog
- Tania del Rio's deviantART page
- Tania del Rio's LinkedIn page
- SteelRiver Studio
|This profile of an American comics creator, writer, or artist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This profile of a webcomics creator is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|