|White Cloud Mountain minnow
S. Y. Lin, 1932
Tanichthys is a genus of freshwater fish in the carp family (family Cyprinidae) of order Cypriniformes. They are native to rivers and streams in China and Vietnam. Until recently, the type species, T. albonubes, was the only one known. In 2001, however, Freyhof and Herder described a new and very similar species, T. micagemmae, from the Ben Hai River in Vietnam and V. H. Nguyen & S. V. Ngô described a third species from Vietnam.
The name Tanichthys comes from the name of the Chinese Boy Scout leader, Tan, who discovered the first specimen.
- Tanichthys albonubes S. Y. Lin, 1932 (White Cloud Mountain minnow)
- Tanichthys micagemmae Freyhof & Herder, 2001 (Vietnamese cardinal minnow)
- Tanichthys thacbaensis V. H. Nguyễn & S. V. Ngô, 2001
- Froese, Rainer, and Daniel Pauly, eds. (2011). Species of Tanichthys in FishBase. October 2011 version.
- "Tanichthys". Integrated Taxonomic Information System. Retrieved 12 December 2004.
|This Cyprinidae-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|