August 28, 1985 |
Brooklyn, New York
|Occupation||Reality television personality; Actress|
|Known for||Bad Girls Club, Celebrity Fit Club and Marriage Boot Camp|
Bad Girls Club
In 2007, Tanisha Thomas sent in a casting tape to the casting directors of the Bad Girls Club, an American reality television series. Thomas was chosen to be one of the seven "bad girls," and filming took place in Los Angeles, California from September to November 2007. During the season, Thomas was quickly favored among fans of the show and her catchphrase "pop-off!" became her signature saying. Thomas also formed the clique "the hyena sisters" with Hanna Thompson and Neveen Ismail. The "party girls" clique—consisting of Jennavecia Russo, Sarah "Cordelia" Carlise, Melissa "Lyric" Greene and Darlen Escobar—was the hyena sisters' enemy in the house.
In January 2011, Oxygen released OxygenLive!, an online talk show hosted by Thomas. It was broadcast after season six debuted on Oxygen, and focused on the cast of season six, occasionally bringing in "bad girls" from earlier seasons. Thomas asked the girls several questions to prompt rumors and confessions. Oxygen had renewed the dating game show Love Games: Bad Girls Need Love Too with Thomas as the host for the second season. The third season aired on December 5, 2011. Both Koether and Steinfeldt were contestants on season six of Bad Girls Club; Jai was a contestant on season seven.
In 2011, SallyAnn Salsano wanted to film Thomas' wedding and her planning of it with her fiancé. Salsano and Joel Zimmer held a press conference to talk to Thomas about a possible television documentary based on her wedding planning. It follows Thomas and her finance, Clive Muir, as they prepare their wedding day. Thomas gave the okay and filming began shortly thereafter. It was later called Tanisha Gets Married and consisted of seven one-hour episodes airing on Mondays on Oxygen. Tanisha Gets Married premiered on Monday, May 7, 2012, after part two of season eight's reunion special. The show debuted with 1,073,000 viewers, becoming Oxygen's best ever freshman docu-series premiere, according to TV by the Numbers. Compared with Oxygen's time slots in April 2012, Tanisha Gets Married was a 96% increase in all Oxygen's key demos. According to SocialGuide, Tanisha Gets Married ranked number four on the most social series amongst all cable series.
Thomas was chosen by producers to host the two-part reunion special for Bad Girls Club season eight. She continued to host the reunions for recent seasons of Bad Girls Club and spinoff Bad Girls All-Star Battle.
Marriage Boot Camp: Reality Stars
In October 2017, Thomas announced she and her partner were expecting their first child together.
Besides working on TV-related projects, Thomas is planning to release an online plus-sized clothing line under the mark "Plush Diva's Closet". She is also in the works to possibly begin executive-producing her own concept.
|2007-08||Bad Girls Club (season 2)||Appeared in 24 episodes|
|2008||Tyra Banks Show||Appeared in 2 episodes|
|Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List||Appeared in 1 episode|
|2009||Bad Girls Club (season 3)||Appeared in 1 episode|
|2010||Celebrity Fit Club: Boot Camp 2||Appeared in 4 episodes|
|Bad Girls Club Top Ten OMGs (Seasons 1-5)||Bad Girls Club special|
|Undatable||Appeared in 4 episodes|
|2010; 2011–2013||Love Games: Bad Girls Need Love Too||Guest (Season 1)
Host (Seasons 2-4)
|2011||Bad Girls Club: Back in L.A||Reunion guest|
|Bad Girls Club: Flo Gets Married||Television special|
|2012||Tanisha Gets Married||Herself|
|2012–2017||Bad Girls Club||Reunion Host (Season 8-17)|
|2013||The Real Housewives of Atlanta||Appeared in 1 episode|
|2013-2014||Bad Girls All-Star Battle||Reunion Host, Bad Girls All-Star Battle (season 1)
Reunion Host, Bad Girls All-Star Battle (season 2)
|2014||Marriage Boot Camp: Reality Stars||Herself|
|Bad Girls Club: Funniest Bad Girls of All Time||Bad Girls Club special; Host|
|David Tutera's CELEBrations||Herself, Appeared in 1 episode|
|Love & Hip Hop: Hollywood||Cameo Appearance|
|2015||Marriage Boot Camp Reality Stars: Where Are They Now?||Special|
|Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta||Cameo Appearance|
|Crazy Talk||Co Hosting with Ben Aaron; left show in December 2015|
|2016||Tanisha the Diva||Host|
|Bad Girls Club: Twisted Sisters||Casting Special Host along with Camilla Poindexter, Jelaminah Lanier, Jasmine Carter, and Jonica Booth.|
|2018||Little Annie Beth||support role in film|
- "MTV Greenlights Additional Seasons of The Challenge, The Real World". MTV News, Broadway World. April 1, 2012. Retrieved April 4, 2012.
- Ng, Philiana (June 1, 2011). "Bunim/Murray Promotes Development Team Behind 'Bad Girls Club'". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved April 4, 2012.
- Frankel, Danielle (April 2, 2009). "Oxygen renews 'Bad Girls Club'". Variety. Retrieved November 15, 2011.
- Reynolds, Mike. "Oxygen Orders Third Season Of article/134039-Oxygen_Orders_Third_Season_Of_Bad_Girls_.php". multichannel.
- Hwang, Kellie. "Bad Girls Club casting for season 8". The Arizona Republic. Retrieved September 28, 2011.
- Hesse, Monica (July 11, 2008). "'Queen Bees': Do You Catch More Eyes With Honey?". Washington Post. Retrieved September 28, 2011.
- ""Bad Girls Club" Reunion Drama". CBS News. June 1, 2010. Retrieved November 15, 2011.
- Cox, Ted (December 4, 2007). "'Bad Girls' try to best 'Victoria's' bra-baring beauties TV & Radio". Daily Herald. Retrieved May 11, 2012. (subscription required)
- Manu, Daniel. "The Queen of Bad Pop offs". TelevisionWithoutPitty. Bravo Media LLC. Retrieved May 11, 2012.
- "Oxygen Media Launches Bad Girls Club: Afterparty 2/7". Talk TV World. Wisdom Digital Media. Retrieved May 11, 2012.
- Robert Brehmer (producer), Glenn Carranos (producer), Dana Klein (producer), Kasey Barrett (director), Claudia Frank (director), Esther Frank (director) (December 4, 2007). "Bad Company". Bad Girls Club. Season 2. Episode 201. 30 minutes in. Oxygen.
- Yates, James. "Stay Tuned: 'Twisting' the night away". siLife. Staten Island Advance. Retrieved May 11, 2012.
- "OxygenLive.com". Oxygen.com. Retrieved February 6, 2011.
- "Oxygen Plays Matchmaker With "Love Games: Bad Girls Need Love Too" In March 2010". Oxygen. TVbytheNumbers.com. January 10, 2010. Retrieved January 11, 2010.
- "Meet the Cast: Season 2". Oxygen.com. Retrieved February 6, 2011.
- "Love Games:Bad Girls Need Love Too returns on December 5". Thefutoncritic. Retrieved October 4, 2011.
- Seidman, Robert. "Oxygen's 'Love Games: Bad Girls Need Love Too' Returns December 5". TV By The Numbers. Zap2it. Retrieved May 11, 2012.
- Seeton, Reg. "Tansiha Gets Married with Creator SallyAnn Salsano". TheDeadBolt. Barclay Street Productions. Retrieved May 10, 2012.
- Seidman, Robert. "Over One Million Viewers Tune in to Oxygen's Newest Docu-series 'Tanisha Gets Married'". TV by the Numbers. Zap2it. Retrieved May 10, 2012.
- Rubino, Lindsay. "Oxygen Greenlights Three Reality Series". Multichannel News. NewBay Media. Retrieved May 11, 2012.
- Guthrie, Marisa (November 29, 2011). "Oxygen Developing Travis Wall Docuseries, Two More Unscripted Projects". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved May 11, 2012.
- Rose, Lacy (October 4, 2011). "'Jersey Shore' Boss Sells Tanisha Thomas Wedding Vehicle to Oxygen". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved May 11, 2012.
- "Over One Million Viewers Tune In to Oxygen's Newest Docu-Series "Tanisha Gets Married"". The Futon Critic. Retrieved May 10, 2012.
- Sitzer, Carly. "Celebrity Cast of Marriage Boot Camp revealed". In Touch Weekly. Retrieved 5 July 2014.
- McComb, Mike. "Monday TV: 2 Broke Girls and Castle finales; Tanisha Gets Married". TVLatest. Retrieved May 10, 2012.
- Emery, Debbie (May 9, 2012). "The Bad Girls ‘Turned My Wedding Into A Funeral!’ Says Tanisha Thomas". RadarOnline. Retrieved May 10, 2012.