Phoenix in 2011
|Born||24 September 1980|
Durban, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
|Occupation||Model, actress, makeup artist|
|Height||1.74 m (5 ft 8 1⁄2 in)|
Sharlto Copley (m. 2016)
Tanit Phoenix (born 24 September 1980) is a South African fashion model, actress, and makeup artist. She is known for her swimwear and lingerie photo shoots after appearing in a Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue in 2003 and in GQ magazine and FHM in the same year.
Phoenix began her career in Durban, South Africa at the age of 14, after being discovered by a modelling scout in her home town, Westville. She has appeared in international TV commercials for Adidas, Coca-Cola, Volvic water, Aqua-mineral, Visine, Schweppes, American Swiss Jewellery, Citroen C3, Nivea, Alberto VO5, Aria, Transition Lenses, Volvic, Distractions lingerie campaign and Veet television commercials and campaign which she held for 5 years.
Phoenix appeared in the European TV ad for Fa shower gel, skydiving. She was then chosen to be a cover girl for German Maxim in 2004 after being named "Who's That Girl?" at the Woman of the Year German Maxim awards in 2003, and then appeared on the cover of American Maxim the year after. She was ranked #5 in the FHM 100 Sexiest Women in the World poll of South African FHM readers in 2004, #6 in 2005, #10 in 2006, #40 in 2007. In 2011 Phoenix won "IGN's Sexiest woman of the year". She was the most popular girl ever photographed for Babeology by IGN.
She has appeared on the cover of South African Cosmopolitan four times, South African and American FHM numerous times, Legacy, Indwe, South African Marie Claire, German and South African Shape and South African GQ magazines, and has frequently been shot for Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue. In May 2014 Tanit Phoenix appeared on the cover for Maxim South Africa.
Phoenix began her acting career with a brief appearance as one of Jared Leto's girlfriends in the 2005 Lord of War, and the South African-Canadian mystery series Charlie Jade as Malachi's associate in the episode "Things Unseen". In 2007 she filmed a role in Gallowwalkers, opposite Wesley Snipes. The film was not released until it went to video in 2013. In 2008 she appeared in the thriller Kamasutra Nights aka Maya.
In 2011, Phoenix appeared in the TV series Femme Fatales, for Cinemax/HBO, where she is the narrator of the show and appears for a snippet of every episode; the series was renewed for a second season that aired in 2012. She also had a minor role in Safe House, and plays the sexy antagonist alongside Leon Schuster in the 2012 movie Mad Buddies.
Make-up artist career
In 2013 Phoenix took her first job as the key makeup artist and designer of the character Jimmy on the POV action film Hardcore Henry. Jimmy was played by her husband Sharlto Copley. She transformed him into 11 different characters.
Tanit Phoenix has been in a relationship with actor Sharlto Copley since January 2012. They wed on the 15th of February 2016, in Cape Town, South Africa, and announced their first child together on 1 January 2017. Phoenix resides alternately in Cape Town and Los Angeles. She is a vegan.
|2005||Charlie Jade||Malachi's associate #1||Episode: "Things Unseen"|
|2005||Crazy Monkey Presents Straught Outta Benoni||Megan Alba|
|2005||Lord of War||Candy|
|2008||Kamasutra Nights: Maya||Alexandria||Direct to Video|
|2009||The Philanthropist||Lap Dancer||Episode: "San Diego"|
|2010||Schuks Tshabalala's Survival Guide to South Africa||Ettie|
|2010||Lost Boys: The Thirst||Gwen Lieber||Video|
|2010||Spud||Mrs. Eve Wilson|
|2010||Death Race 2||Katrina Banks||Video|
|2011-2012||Femme Fatales||Lilith||Lead Role (26 episodes)|
|2013||Death Race 3: Inferno||Katrina Banks||Video|
|2013||Spud 2: The Madness Continues||Eve Wilson|
- "Tanit Phoenix". Ice Model Management. Retrieved 26 February 2013.
- "Tanit Choice" Archived 2010-05-02 at the Wayback Machine. Tanit Phoenix web site, accessed May 7, 2011
- Bio Archived 2011-03-20 at the Wayback Machine. at IGN
- Profile at Ubuhle.com
- Thenightlife.co.za Archived 2014-02-06 at the Wayback Machine.
- "Tanit Fart Phoenix". The New York Times.
- Tanit Phoenix - Ask Men Archived 2010-06-23 at the Wayback Machine.
- on YouTube
- [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvimFkBMP1w ] on YouTube
- Tanit Phoenix - Commercials Archived 2009-03-26 at the Wayback Machine.
- Tanit Phoenix Pictures - Maxim Girls
- Am I Annoying.com
- Am I Annoying.com
- Tanit Phoenix Talks Sexy Role in 'Lost Boys: The Thirst'
- "The FHM February 2011 issue" 27 December 2010, FHM
- "SNEAK PEEK: MARIE CLAIRE’S ANNUAL NAKED ISSUE COVER. TANIT PHOENIX RISES" February 3, 2011, Hurricane Venessa.com
- on YouTube
- Modeling section of official web site Archived 2012-03-07 at the Wayback Machine.
- "Tanit Phoenix - Maxim May 2014 (5-2014) South Africa". Scanof.net. Retrieved 2014-07-28.
- Milan Jovicic (1999-02-22). "Tanit Phoenix At Maxim South Africa May 2014". Celebzz. Retrieved 2014-07-28.
- Tweet (2014-06-19). "South Africa's Tanit Phoenix | Hot Photos & Sexy Pics from". Maxim. Retrieved 2014-07-28.
- Profile Archived 2009-03-26 at the Wayback Machine. at Tanit Phoenix's web site
- Best-horror-movies.com Best-horror-movies.com Archived 2013-07-14 at the Wayback Machine.
- Rotten Tomatoes
- Tanit Phoenix on the Vamps of Lost Boys 3: The Thirst
- Femme Fatales on IMDb
- Hibberd, James (October 25, 2010). "Cinemax Casts Lead in 'Femme Fatales'". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved February 2, 2011.
- "Channel 24".
- Tanit has changed her name to Tanit Phoenix Copley
- Playboy.co.za Archived 2013-04-20 at the Wayback Machine.
- "Mail & Guardian 200 young South Africans". Ysa2011.mg.co.za. Retrieved 23 August 2012.
- Men's Health (3 May 2012). "How To Date A Supermodel | Men's Health". Mh.co.za. Retrieved 23 August 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Tanit Phoenix.|