Tanja Kostić (Serbian: Тања Костић, Tanja Kostić; born November 10, 1972) is a Swedish retired women's basketball player best known for playing with the Oregon State Beavers from 1993-1996. She won a EuroLeague Women in 1998 with CJM Bourges Basket.
Kostic was born in Solna, Sweden, and was a member of the Swedish National Team for women's basketball when she was 19. She then moved to the United States and enrolled at Oregon State University (OSU) in 1992. Throughout her career at OSU, she recorded school records of 2,349 points scored and 1,001 rebounds made in 111 career games. She is the only player in school history to have collected both 2,000 points and 1,000 rebounds. Tanja made 869 field goals, and set Oregon State and Pac-10 records for free throws attempted (903), free throws made (608), and set an OSU record for field goals attempted with 1,773. She is the second all-time leading career scorer in the Pac-10, and the sixth all-time leading career rebounder in the Pac-10.
Kostic was a first-team All-Pac-10 team member all of her four years at Oregon State, making the All-Freshman Pac-10 first team in 1993. She was a consensus All-American in 1996 on the second team, and was Pac-10 Player of the Year in both 1995 and 1996.
Kostic played for the Portland Power of the American Basketball League, as well as the Cleveland Rockers and Utah Starzz of the Women's National Basketball Association. She played in five games for the Rockers in 1998 and five games for the Starzz in 2000.
- O'Neil, Dan (January 11, 1996). "Kostic Effect: the Scoring Swede comes to Seattle". The Daily of the University of Washington. Retrieved 12 February 2010.
- Associated Press (February 23, 1996). "Lady Wildcats fall, 73-62". Kingman Daily Miner. Retrieved 12 February 2010.
- "Georgia guard tops All-American". Sarasota Herald-Tribune. March 14, 1996. Retrieved 12 February 2010.
- "Pac-10 Women -- Down By 17 Late In Game, UCLA Rallies, Wins In Ot - - Bruins Outscore Wildcats 22-5 In Final 3 Minutes". The Seattle Times. January 21, 1996. Retrieved 12 February 2010.
- "Midwest". Reading Eagle. March 17, 1996. pp. D6. Retrieved 12 February 2010.
- Baum, Bob (July 4, 1996). "Power will blaze new trail". Eugene Register-Guard. Retrieved 12 February 2010.
- "Tanja Kostic". Basketball-Reference.com. Sports Reference LLC. Retrieved 12 February 2010.
- "Hem från USA som stjärna. Serbiska Tanja från Täby ska skjuta Sverige vidare i EM".
Den 23-åriga Täbytjejen, med serbiska föräldrar