Tanja Liedtke Foundation
The Tanja Liedtke Foundation (German: Tanja Liedtke Stiftung) is a German-based charity supporting Modern and Contemporary Dance. It was established in July 2008 in honour of the dancer and choreographer, Tanja Liedtke who was killed the year before in a car accident in Sydney, Australia. The Foundation’s purpose is "to support the enrichment and advancement of contemporary dance theatre, and the development of Australian/European artistic connections."
The Tanja Liedtke Foundation is registered as a tax-privileged organization in Stuttgart, Germany as Tanja Liedtke Stiftung accordance with German law.
Additionally, the Tanja Liedtke Gift Fund has been established in Australia as a sub-fund of the Perpetual Foundation Gift Fund. The Tanja Liedtke Gift Fund reflects the vision, aims and priorities of the Tanja Liedtke Foundation.
The inaugural Tanja Liedtke Fellowship was offered, in partnership with Radialsystem V – New Space for the Arts (Berlin), and the contemporary dance company Sasha Waltz & Guests (Berlin), to an Australian dancer/choreographer between the ages of 20 and 35 years.
It was awarded to Anthony Hamilton of Melbourne. He conducted his residency in Berlin where his project "Black Series 1" was received with great enthusiasm.
The 2011 Tanja Liedtke Fellowship was awarded to Katarzyna Sitarz, a Polish dancer/choreographer with a broad international experience in Poland, the Netherlands, Lithuania and Germany. She will direct her creative residency at Arts House Melbourne in March 2011 and participate in the development of a new collaboration by Australian choreographer Lucy Guerin.
- "Tanja Liedtke Foundation (electronic resource)". National Librqary of Australia Catalogue. 27 November 2008. Retrieved 7 February 2010.
- "Tanja Liedtke (obituary)". The Telegraph (online). London. 20 August 2007. Retrieved 7 February 2010.
- Pekin, Corrie (November 29, 2008). "In sorrow a chance to rebuild". The Australian (online). Retrieved 7 February 2010.
- Turner, Tonya (June 26, 2009). "Building on strong memories of Tanja Liedtke". The Auastralian (online). Retrieved 7 February 2010.
THE VISION of a brilliant young choreographer lives on in an award-winning work, offering a tantalising glimpse of what might have been.
- "Tanja Liedtke Foundation". Tanja Liedtke Foundation web site (in English and German). Retrieved 7 February 2010.
- Lawson, Valerie (April 8, 2008). "Foundation to honour dancer by helping others achieve". Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved 7 February 2010.
- del Amo, Martin. "Sascha Waltz and Guests at the Melbourne International Arts Festival /" (PDF). p. 4. Retrieved 7 February 2010.
Anthony Hamilton, Melbourne-based choreographer and dancer, presented samples of work he developed during a residency at Radialsystem V which was made possible through his being awarded the first Tanja Liedtke fellowship.
-  Archived July 24, 2011, at the Wayback Machine.
- "2011 TLF Fellowship - Tanja Liedtke Foundation - Tanja Liedtke Foundation - Dance Foundation". Tanja Liedtke Foundation. Retrieved 2013-04-28.