Tanja Manuela Sadow
This biography of a living person relies too much on references to primary sources. (May 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Tanja Manuela Sadow|
Tanja M. Sadow, Dean of the Jewellery Design and Management International School
|Occupation||Dean, Gemologist, Jeweler, Educator, Jewellery designer, Entrepreneur|
|Known for||Jewellery Education|
Tanja Manuela Sadow is a Singapore educator and founder of the Jewellery Design and Management International School
Early life and education
Sadow studied in Spain, the United Kingdom and attended the Gemological Institute of America in the United States of America. Her training included various forms of design and she is a graduate Jewellery Gemmologist.
From 1984 to 1991 Sadow was a resident and extension instructor at the Gemological Institute of America, training jewellers in their Santa Monica campus as well as in 48 US States and conducting GIA's first extension course in Singapore
In 1991 Sadow consulted with the Singapore Economic Development Board, recommending the development of a Singapore-based education facility for the jewellery industry. Later she was commissioned to develop the gemmology curriculum for the newly formed Jewellery Industry Training Centre of Singapore (JITCS). Sadow continued to develop training programmes and deliver gemmology and jewellery training to the Singapore jewellery industry with the JITCS until December 1994.
In 1995 Sadow established a commercial company, JusTanja Pte. Ltd. which she would use to design and distribute jewellery lines in Singapore, Los Angeles and London, stocked by notable department stores such as Harrods of London. Through this company, Sadow also delivered corporate training to Singapore jewellery firms and raised awareness about gemstones and jewellery with Singapore clubs and communities.
Sadow established the retail brand BeadHub. Between 2000 and 2006, Sadow grew BeadHub from a single member only location to a multi-outlet component and finished jewellery chain in Singapore with locations in Wisma Atria, Emerald Hill Road and Sunshine Plaza as well as a unique DIY jewellery concession within Robinson & Co. in The Centrepoint. The BeadHub brand was sold in 2006 following Sadow's desire to pursue the development of a formal training institution.
In 2007 Sadow founded the Jewellery Design and Management International School in Singapore. She continues to head this organization in the capacity of executive director and dean of the school.
Sadow is founder and president of the Guild of Jewellery Professionals and Artisans, a not-for-profit society registered in Singapore, and an executive committee member of the Singapore Jewellers Association, a not-for-profit association registered in Singapore.
Sadow regularly delivers public talks and workshops both in Singapore and the Asia-Pacific region to promote jewellery appreciation and interest in the jewellery industry. She also works with international brands to provide educational content to support their outreach activities. Sadow also provides authoritative viewpoints for press articles in Singapore and around the world.
Sadow has received the following awards:
|1983||Intergold New York Design Competition (Student Category)|
|1984||Inamori Kyocera Design Competition (Jewellery Division)|
|1984||Outstanding Young Women of America|
|2012||Singapore Promising SME500 - Business Luminary|
- "GJPA Concept & Principles document, written by Tanja Sadow".
- "Singapore Jeweller's Association Executive Committee Members". Archived from the original on 2014-07-08.
- "Discover the Science of Gems event at Singapore Science Centre".
- "Tanja Sadow delivers talks at workshops at Singapore Jewellery & Gem Fair'".
- "Tanja Sadow delivering free stage talks at Singapore International Jewellery Expo" (PDF).
- "Tanja Sadow educating Tiffany & Co. customers and member of the general public in Manila, Philippines".
- "Tanja Sadow delivers talk for Tiffany & Co. on coloured gemstones".
- "GLAMORISING THE CRAFTS [ARTICLE + ILLUSTRATION] The Straits Times, 15 December 2000, Page 11".
- "Trendsetters [ARTICLE + ILLUSTRATION] The Business Times, 27 November 2001, Page 24".
- "ROCKS OF NEW AGE [ARTICLE + ILLUSTRATION] The Straits Times, 10 July 2003, Page 8".
- "Well treated gems [ARTICLE + ILLUSTRATION] The Business Times, 25 November 2005, Page 44".
- "Crystal ball-gazing with jewellers [ARTICLE] The Business Times, 25 November 2005, Page 49".
- "METAL CRAFTSMEN [ARTICLE + ILLUSTRATION] The Straits Times, 31 July 2009, Page 122".
- "The Jewellery rock-star of 2017 could be tourmaline [Article] Oman Observer, 8 April 2017".
- "Tanja Sadow provides design tips to SJDA participants".
- "Tanja Sadow involved in 2016 Singapore Jewellery & Gem Fair".
- "Offline reference to Winners of Inamori Kyocera Design Competition".
- Outstanding Young Women of America 1985. Outstanding Amer. ISBN 9994138219.