Tanjung Tualang Tin Dredge No. 5
The dredge was built in England, the United Kingdom in 1938 by F.W. Payne & Son, a major dredge engineering company at that time. It was built for the Southern Malayan Tin Dredging Ltd., a company formed in 1926 which operated 6 dredges in total in Batu Gajah and Tanjung Tualang. TT5 was used for 44 years until 1982 when the Malaysian tin industries declined due to the falling world's tin price, exhausted tin deposits and high operating cost. In 2012, the facility was closed due to water leakage. Starting January 2015, the area is undergoing a MYR8.5 million renovation for 2 years which is carried out by Mentri Besar Incorporated.
The facility is opened everyday from 8:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- "Tanjung Tualang Tin Dredge". Malaysia Traveller. Retrieved 30 December 2016.
- Sagaran, P. Chandra (21 February 2016). "Last tin dredge undergoing rehabilitation costing RM8.5m". The Sun Daily. Retrieved 30 December 2016.
- "Tanjung Tualang Tin Dredge Ship (The Last Tin Dredge)". Ipoh Tourism Board. Retrieved 30 December 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Tanjung Tualang Tin Dredge No. 5.|
- Tanjung Tualang Tin Dredge No. 5 on Facebook
- YouTube - Tanjung Tualang Tin Dredge Batu Gajah Perak Malaysia
|This article about a Malaysian building or structure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|