|Time zone||PST (UTC+5)|
|Number of towns||1|
|Number of Union Councils||16|
Saraiki (a Punjabi variant) is mainly spoken in Tank which is also spoken in neighboring D.I.Khan district. Tank also has few people speaking Pashto. The vast majority of people are conversant in Urdu. English is understood by the educated.
Tank was the terminus railway station of Tank-Mari Indus Narrow gauge (762 mm or 2 ft 6 in) railway line. This railway line was closed in 1991.
|Wikisource has the text of a 1911 Encyclopædia Britannica article about Tonk/Tank.|
- Federally Administered Tribal Areas
- The Indus River
- The Pushtun people
- Lord Curzon
- JUI-F facing tough competition in NA-25 - Daily Times Pakistan
- Rohi – Rohi TV, Rohi Saraiki TV, Rohi TV Punjab, Rohi Multan. Bolytv.com. Retrieved on 2012-06-01.
- Tank Town - Imperial Gazetteer of India, v. 23, p. 245.
- Encyclopædia Britannica Eleventh Edition