|New York Yankees – No. 76|
Tanner Swanson is an American professional baseball coach. He is the major league quality control coach and catching coordinator for the New York Yankees of Major League Baseball (MLB). He previously served as the Minor and Major League Catching Coordinator for the Minnesota Twins.
Swanson attended Cle Elum-Roslyn High School in Cle Elum, Washington. He played four years of college baseball. He spent his freshman season at Green River College, sophomore season at Everett Community College, and his final two seasons at Central Washington University. He graduated from Central Washington with a Bachelor of Science in Physical Education and School Health.
Swanson spent 2007 and 2008 as a health education teacher and baseball coach at Sultan Senior High School. He was an assistant coach for Everett Community College in 2009. Swanson spent 2010 as an assistant coach, and as a lecturer in the School of Physical Education and School Health at Central Washington University. He then spent the 2011 season as the head baseball coach for Green River College. Swanson spent 2012 through July 2017 at the University of Washington. He was a graduate manager in 2011-2012, director of baseball operations for part of 2012, and then volunteer assistant coach for the remainder of his time there. Swanson also founded D1 Catching, an independent catching coaching and consultation business in 2015. He was hired as a full-time assistant coach at Santa Clara University in July 2017. Swanson entered professional baseball when he was hired by the Minnesota Twins as their minor league catching coordinator in November 2017.
- "Tanner Swanson Joins Baseball Staff". Santa Clara Broncos. July 13, 2017. Retrieved November 12, 2019.
- "Tanner Swanson". LinkedIn. Retrieved November 12, 2019.
- "About Tanner Swanson". d1catching.com. Retrieved November 12, 2019.
- Travis Sawchik (September 24, 2019). "Mitch Garver Wasn't Catching Strikes. So He Changed His Catching Stance". FiveThirtyEight. Retrieved November 12, 2019.
- Dan Hayes (March 17, 2019). "Welcome to Baseball 101: Inside the Twins' influx of former college coaches". The Athletic. Retrieved November 12, 2019.
- Ted Holmlund (November 6, 2019). "Yankees hire Tanner Swanson as catching coordinator". New York Post. Retrieved November 11, 2019.
- Bradford William Davis (November 5, 2019). "Can a catching coach shakeup get the most out of Gary Sanchez?". New York Daily News. Retrieved November 12, 2019.