|Dates||4 days December|
|Location(s)||Gwalior district, Madhya Pradesh|
Tansen Samaroh or Tansen Sangeet Samaroh (Hindi: तानसेन समारोह) is celebrated every year in the month of December in Behat village of Gwalior district, Madhya Pradesh. It is a 4-day musical extravaganza. Artists and music lovers from all over the world gather here to pay tribute to the Great Indian Musical Maestro Tansen. The event is organized near the tomb of Tansen by Ustad Alauddin Khan Kala Evam Sangeet Academy, under the department of culture, Government of Madhya Pradesh. Artists from all over India are invited to deliver vocal and instrumental performances.
National Music festival
Tansen Samaroh was originally a local festival but it was at the initiative of BV Keskar (1983 – 28 August 1984), who was Union Minister for Information and Broadcasting between 1952 and 1962, that Tansen Samaroh was turned into a popular national music festival.
|2000||Ustad Abdul Haleem Jafar Khan||Sitar maestro|
|2001||Ustad Amjad Ali Khan||Sarod maestro|
|2002||Niyaz Ahmad Khan|
|2003||Pandit Dinkar Kaykini|
|2004||Pandit Shivkumar Sharma||Santoor maestro|
|2005||Maqbool Ahmed Sabri
|one of the leading members and music composer of legendary Classical Qawwali group Sabri Brothers |
Hindustani vocalist of the Gwalior gharana and acknowledged master of Tappa and Tarana
|2006||Sulochana Brahaspati||Hindustani vocalist and exponent of the Rampur-Sahaswan gharana|
|2007||Pandit Gokulotsav Maharaj||Hindustani vocalist|
|2008||Ustad Ghulam Mustafa Khan||Hindustani vocalist and exponent of the Rampur-Sahaswan gharana|
|2009||Ajay Pohankar||Hindustani vocalist and exponent of the Kirana gharana|
|2010||Savita Devi||Hindustani vocalist from the Benaras Gharana|
|2011||Rajan and Sajan Mishra||Vocalist duo.|
|2013||Vishwa Mohan Bhatt||Hindustani classical music instrumentalist|
|2014||Pandit Prabhakar Karekar||Indian Classical vocalist.|
|2015||Ajoy Chakrabarty||Indian Hindustani classical vocalist|
|Pt. Laxman Krishnarao Pandit||Vocalist (Son of Krishnarao Shankar Pandit)|
|2016||Pt. Dalchan Sharma||Pakhawaj Player|
|2017||Pt. Ulhas Kashalkar||Classical Vocalist (Jaipur gharana)|
|2018||Manju Mehta||Indian classical sitar player|
|2019||Pandit Vidyadhar Vyas||Indian Hindustani vocalist (Gwalior gharana)|
|2020||Satish Vyas||Santoor player|
- List of Indian classical music festivals
- Hindustani classical music
- Carnatic classical music
- Madhya Pradesh
- "Tansen Sangeet Samaroh, Tansen Music Festival, Tansen Sangeet Samaroh 2012". Festivalsofindia.in. 3 December 2012. Retrieved 7 October 2013.
- is being organised by the Academy of the department of culture in MP
- Anant Maral Shastri#Saluting the Legends
- Madhya Pradesh Government. "Tansen Award winners" (PDF). Madhya Pradesh Government. Retrieved 12 October 2014.
- Staff Correspondent (25 November 2000). "'Tansen Samman' for sitar maestro". Bhopal. The Hindu. Retrieved 12 October 2014.
- "Rajan and Sajan Mishra to get 'National Tansen Samman'". Business Standard. 9 December 2012. Retrieved 7 October 2013.
- "Mohan Veena player Pandit Vishwa Mohan Bhatt". SouLSteer. 24 December 2015. Retrieved 24 December 2015.
- "Tansen Samaroh 2014: Prabhakar Karekar awarded with National Tansen Samman". SouLSteer. 12 December 2014. Retrieved 12 December 2014.
- "Hindustani classical vocalist Pandit Ajoy Chakrabarty". SouLSteer. 25 December 2015. Retrieved 25 December 2015.
- "Sitarist Manju Mehta gets 'Tansen Samman'". business-standard.com. Retrieved 22 January 2018.
- Media related to Tansen Samaroh at Wikimedia Commons
|This article related to an Indian festival or holiday is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This music festival-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|