|Unincorporated community and former Census-designated place (CDP)|
|Elevation||39 ft (12 m)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||598151|
Tantallon is an unincorporated community in Prince George's County, Maryland, United States. Although a separate community, it is a part of the census-designated place (CDP) of Fort Washington. The ZIP code for the community is 20744. Tantallon reported as an census-designated place by the U.S. Census Bureau in 1980, which included much of the northern half of Fort Washington's census area. The population recorded was 9,945.
Tantallon is located at 38.7 degrees north, 77.0 degrees west (38.724, −77.01); or about 12 miles south-southeast of Washington, D.C.. The elevation for the community is 39 feet above sea level.
The community of Tantallon is served by the Prince George's County Public Schools system, which serves the entire county.
- Tantallon, Maryland. Roadside Thoughts. Retrieved 2013-09-17.
- Tantallon - Maryland Gazetteer. Hometown Locator. Retrieved 2013-09-17.
- 1990 Census of Population - Maryland. United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2013-07-19.
- 1980 census of population: part 1. United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2913-09-17.
- County and city data book, Pages 1-416. 1983. Retrieved 2013-09-17.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- Distance between Tantallon (Prince George's County,Maryland) and Washington (District of Columbia). Retrieved 2013-09-17.