Tantra massage, or tantric massage, are two defined massages developed in Berlin in 1977. Erotic massage which incorporates elements from the neotantric movement in the Western world massages the primary erogenous zones of the body, those being the mouth, the phallus (penis), the vagina and the anus.
The massage includes various techniques from different schools of massage with elements from yoga, bioenergetics, and sexual therapy. According to the Tantric Massage Association, it was developed in the 1980s by Andro Andreas Rothe, founder of Diamond Lotus Tantra Lounge, the first Tantra institute in Germany (1977).
The client or the receiver of a tantra massage is not a giver. Their duty is to receive the massage and surrender to the rediscovery of senses feelings and emotions. The process combines the feeling of well-being associated with deep relaxation therapeutic as people come to resolve issues related to relationship issues, self esteem issues including sexual issues.
Also according to the Tantric Massage Association Berlin, tantra massage is based on ideas taken from the work of Wilhelm Reich, Carl Jung, Carl Rogers and Alexander Lowen. Other sources of inspiration included the work of Mantak Chia, Joseph Kramer – who developed the "lingam massage" – and Annie Sprinkle, who developed the "yoni massage". Andro Rothé developed Tantra Massage, Tantra Erotic Massage and the less known Yin Yang Massage. According to the published information on their website, tantric massage does allow any kind of sexual exchange between the massagist and the recipient of the massage.
The Tantric Massage Association represents members in Germany and Switzerland. German courts have made tantra massage teaching taxable. Germany has recently outlawed the term "erotic massage" for tantric massage as the term has been allocated to sex workers only.
- Kenneth Ray Stubbs (1999). The Erotic Massage: The Tantric Touch of Love. Jeremy Tarcher/Putnam. ISBN 978-0-87477-962-2.
- Michaels, Mark A. and Patricia Johnson (2006). Essence of Tantric Sexuality, chapter 14. Llewellyn Publications. ISBN 073870900X
- Kenneth Ray Stubbs; Louise-Andrée Saulnier (1 August 1999). Tantric Massage: The Erotic Touch of Love. Rider. ISBN 978-0-7126-7078-4.
- Kenneth Ray Stubbs; Kyle Spencer (3 January 2000). The Essential Tantra: A Modern Guide to Sacred Sexuality. Penguin Publishing Group. ISBN 978-1-101-10032-5.
- Tantric Massage Association: The Massage Archived 2006-11-21 at the Wayback Machine
- von Nadja Brenneisen (2015-09-09). "Ich war bei einer Tantra-Massage und habe Sexualität abseits von Klischees kennengelernt". Vice. Retrieved 2015-11-20.
- #MeToo in Tantra, my apology, and tools for consent| date = 2018-05-20| accessdate = 2019-07-24| url = https://sacredtemplearts.com/metoo-in-tantra-my-apology-and-tools-for-consent/}}
- Tantric Massage Association: Members Archived 2006-12-15 at the Wayback Machine
- "Court mulls sex tax for tantra massage". thelocal.de. 2014-07-03. Retrieved 2015-11-20.
- Stubbs, Kenneth Ray (1993). Tantric Massage: An Illustrated Manual for Meditative Sexuality. Massage Next Door - Authentic Tantric blogger and provider in LondonSecret Garden Publishing. ISBN 0939263092