|Municipality of Tanudan|
Map of Kalinga with Tanudan highlighted
|Region||Cordillera Administrative Region (CAR)|
|Barangays||16 (see Barangays)|
|• Type||Sangguniang Bayan|
|• Mayor||Johnwell W. Tiggangay|
|• Electorate||7,863 voters (2016)|
|• Total||307.55 km2 (118.75 sq mi)|
|Population (2015 census)|
|• Density||31/km2 (80/sq mi)|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+8)|
|IDD : area code||+63 (0)74|
|Climate type||Tropical rainforest climate|
|Income class||4th municipal income class|
|Revenue (₱)||74,086,051.41 (2016)|
Tanudan, officially the Municipality of Tanudan is a 4th class municipality in the province of Kalinga, Philippines. According to the 2015 census, it has a population of 9,534 people. The town is known for Mount Vinaratan. Legend tells that the supreme god of the Kalinga people went into the mountain to hunt but was irritated due to the noises made by the birds, so he ordered the birds to be quiet. When he was done hunting, he forgot to revoke his order from the birds, and thus, the mountain kept silent for all of eternity.
- Anggacan Sur
- Lower Mangali
- Lower Lubo
- Lower Taloctoc
- Mangali Centro
- Upper Lubo
- Upper Taloctoc
|Population census of Tanudan|
|Source: Philippine Statistics Authority|
In the 2015 census, the population of Tanudan, Kalinga, was 9,534 people, with a density of 31 inhabitants per square kilometre or 80 inhabitants per square mile.
- "Municipality". Quezon City, Philippines: Department of the Interior and Local Government. Retrieved 31 May 2013.
- "Province: Kalinga". PSGC Interactive. Quezon City, Philippines: Philippine Statistics Authority. Retrieved 12 November 2016.
- Census of Population (2015). "Cordillera Administrative Region (CAR)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. PSA. Retrieved 20 June 2016.
- Census of Population and Housing (2010). "Cordillera Administrative Region (CAR)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. NSO. Retrieved 29 June 2016.
- Censuses of Population (1903–2007). "Cordillera Administrative Region (CAR)". Table 1. Population Enumerated in Various Censuses by Province/Highly Urbanized City: 1903 to 2007. NSO.
- "Province of Kalinga". Municipality Population Data. Local Water Utilities Administration Research Division. Retrieved 17 December 2016.
- Philippine Standard Geographic Code
- Philippine Census Information
- Local Governance Performance Management System
|This article about a location in the Cordillera Administrative Region is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|