Dutta in 2010
|Born||citation needed]19 March 1984 [|
|Title||Femina Miss India Universe 2004|
|Beauty pageant titleholder|
|Femina Miss India Universe 2004|
Miss Universe 2004
Tanushree Dutta (pronounced [t̪ənʊʃri]) is an Indian model and actress who primarily appeared in Bollywood movies. Dutta is the recipient of Femina Miss India Universe title in 2004 at age 20.During the same year at the Miss Universe beauty pageant, she was among the top ten finalists. 
In September, 2018, after having been out of the Bollywood spotlight for many years, Dutta gave an interview to Zoom TV in which she accused Nana Patekar of sexually harassing her on the sets of the 2009 film Horn 'Ok' Pleassss. This declaration would be seen as the catalyst of the "Me Too" movement in India, similar to one which happened in the U.S. a year earlier with Harvey Weinstein, in which more and more women in the entertainment industry would publicly announce high-profile individuals who had sexually exploited them.
As of September 2018, Tanushree is a resident as well as a green card holder of the US.
In 2003, Dutta won the Femina Miss India pageant held in Mumbai; as a result, she represented India at the Miss Universe 2004 Pageant which took place in Quito, Ecuador, where she was placed as the sixth runner-up.
She made her first debut in Kollywood in Theeratha Vilayattu Pillai. She made her Bollywood début in 2005, appearing in Chocolate and Aashiq Banaya Aapne. In 2006 She has also appeared in song " Jab Kabhie" in 36 China Town .
On 26 September 2018, after having been out of the Bollywood spotlight for many years, Dutta gave an interview to Zoom TV in which she accused Nana Patekar of sexually harassing her on the sets of the 2009 film Horn 'Ok' Pleassss. This declaration would be seen as the catalyst of the "Me Too" movement in India, similar to one which happened in the U.S. a year earlier with Harvey Weinstein, in which more and more women in the entertainment industry would publicly announce high-profile individuals who had sexually exploited them. Dutta had first made the allegations against Patekar in 2008, filing a complaint with the Cine & TV Artists Association (CINTAA) but no action was taken as the case was considered a criminal case. The allegation was repeated in 2013 in an interview, and again largely ignored. It was not until her September 2018 statements that the CINTAA apologized to Dutta, admitting that the "chief grievance of sexual harassment wasn't even addressed[in 2008]" but added that since the case was more than three years old, they could not reopen it.
Janice Sequeira, a journalist, backed her allegations, claiming to be an eyewitness of the incident. She also alleged that filmmaker Vivek Agnihotri had told her to remove her clothes and dance with Irrfan Khan to act on the sets of Chocolate (2005). She said Khan and Sunil Shetty stood up for her during this episode. Agnihotri refuted all allegations and shared that it is an attempt to get publicity by Dutta and to malign his image in a legal notice sent to her. The assistant director of Chocolate, Sattyajit Gazmer, also dismissed Dutta's claims.
In another interview, Dutta said, "He [Patekar] called the MNS party to bash up my car. He was behind everything and was supported by choreographer Ganesh Acharya." In a video from 2008 that went viral on the internet, it was seen the journalists and not the MNS were seen thrashing Dutta's car. A journalist named Pawan Bharadwaj was seen thrashing the car's windshield with his camera, who later clarified that he attacked her car because he had a fight with Dutta's team prior to the incident.
A defamation case was filed against Dutta for her comments about the Maharashtra Navnirman Sena. She was also served with two legal notices from Patekar and Agnihotri. Subsequently, on 6 October, Dutta filed an FIR at Oshiwara police station against Patekar; director of Horn 'Ok' Pleassss, Rakesh Sarang; choreographer Acharya and producer Sami Siddiqui.
On 13 October 2018, Ms Dutta's advocate Nitin Satpute submitted an application at the Oshiwara police station in Mumbai saying that actor Nana Patekar, choreographer Ganesh Acharya, producer Samee Siddiqui and director Rakesh Sarang be made to undergo narco-analysis, brain mapping and lie detector tests. Tanushree Dutta leaves for New Jersey 10 January 2019.
In June 2019, Patekar was cleared of the sexual harassment charges by the police. The B-Summary report filed by the Oshiwara police station in Mumbai said that the complaint filed by Tanushree could be "malicious" and "out of revenge".
|2005||Aashiq Banaya Aapne||Sneha||Hindi|||
|Chocolate: Deep Dark Secrets||Simran||Hindi|||
|2006||Bhagam Bhag||Anjali, Special appearance in a song|||
|2007||Raqeeb: Rivals in Love||Sophie|||
|Good Boy, Bad Boy||Dinky|||
|2008||Saas Bahu Aur Sensex||Nitya|||
|2010||Ramaa: The Saviour||Samara|||
|2010||Theeradha Vilaiyattu Pillai||Jyothi||Tamil|||
Awards and nominations
|2006||Aashiq Banaya Aapne||Stardust Awards||Superstar of Tomorrow – Female||Nominated|
|Star Screen Awards||Best Female Debut||Nominated|
|Filmfare Awards||Best Female Debut||Nominated|
|International Indian Film Academy Awards||Star Debut of the Year – Female||Nominated|
|Zee Cine Awards||Best Female Debut||Nominated|
|Chocolate: Deep Dark Secrets||Nominated|
- Dubey, Bharati K. (26 September 2018). "Top actresses put up a facade of empowerment: Tanushree Dutta". www.telegraphindia.com. Retrieved 13 October 2018.
- Soumyadipta Banerjee (12 February 2010). "If Kareena can do it, why not me: Tanushree Dutta". Daily News and Analysis. Retrieved 14 February 2010.
- "Tanushree At The Miss Universe 2004". The Times of India. Retrieved 14 February 2010.
- Piali Banerjee (27 March 2004). "Tanushree Crowned Ponds Femina Miss India". Times of India. Retrieved 14 February 2010.
- "Nana Patekar Has A History Of Assaulting Women: Tanushree Dutta - HeadLines Today". headlinestoday.org.
- zoom (25 September 2018). "Tanushree Dutta opens up on her SHOCKING past ordeal & more - Exclusive Interview" – via YouTube.
- "After a Long Wait, India's #MeToo Movement Suddenly Takes Off".
- "India's #MeToo: Some of the sexual harassment charges that have surfaced this month".
- The Quint (26 September 2018), It Doesn't Matter When Someone Is Speaking Out: Tanushree on Nana, retrieved 27 September 2018
- Farook, Farhana (11 September 2013). "Moksha is all bullshit - Tanushree Dutta". Filmfare.
- "She is trying to set an example: Sister Ishita Dutta on Tanushree Dutta's accusations against Nana Patekar - Bollywood news".
- "Wonder Woman Gal Gadot Lost To Tanushree Dutta During Miss Universe 2004".
- "Did you know Wonder Woman aka Gal Gadot lost to Tanushree Dutta in 2004?". India Today.
- "CINTAA Apologises To Tanushree For Not Addressing Her Grievance, Says Can't Reopen Case Now".
- "Tanushree sexual harassment sad but we cannot reopen case now: CINTAA". India Today.
- "Janice Sequeira, An Eyewitness Of The Incident, Backs Up Tanushree Dutta's Harassment Allegations". Headlines Today. Retrieved 28 September 2018.
- "Tanushree Dutta accuses Vivek Agnihotri of harassment, says Irrfan, Suniel Shetty stood up for her". Hindustan Times. 28 September 2018. Retrieved 28 September 2018.
- "Vivek Agnihotri Allegedly Asked Tanushree Dutta To Remove Clothes, Male Co-Stars Intervened". Headlines Today. Retrieved 29 September 2018.
- IANS (4 October 2018). "Vivek Agnihotri refutes Tanushree's allegations: Lawyer". Business Standard India. Retrieved 4 October 2018.
- "'Chocolate' associate director emerges with a fresh perspective against Tanushree Dutta's claims - Times of India". The Times of India. 4 October 2018. Retrieved 9 October 2018.
- "tanushree duttas car vandalised in 2008 video goes viral on social media". Mumbai Mirror. Retrieved 3 October 2018.
- "Journalist who attacked Tanushree Dutta's car in viral video from 2008 defends his actions". India TV. Retrieved 3 October 2018.
- "Legal Notices And Defamation Case For Tanushree Dutta". Headlines Today. 4 October 2018. Retrieved 6 October 2018.
- "Tanushree Dutta files sexual harassment complaint against Nana Patekar". TOI. Retrieved 7 October 2018.
- "Tanushree Dutta Demands Lie-Detector Test For Nana Patekar, Other Accused". NDTV.com.
- "Tanushree Dutta Demands Nana Patekar's Narco Analysis and Lie Detector Test". News18.
- "#MeToo: Tanushree Dutta demands narco, lie detector tests on Nana Patekar". The Economic Times. 14 October 2018.
- "This has been the longest and most harrowing vacation of my life: Tanushree Dutta".
- "Bollywood actor Nana Patekar cleared of sexual harassment charges". 14 June 2019.
- "Tanushree Dutta's complaint against Nana Patekar looks malicious and fake: Oshiwara police in report". 14 June 2019.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Tanushree Dutta.|
| Miss India Universe