|NC Headquarters Nawai-Subh Complex, Zero Bridge, Srinagar|
Hassanabad, Srinagar, Kashmir, India
|Political party||J&K National Conference|
|Residence||Srinagar, Jammu and Kashmir, India|
Tanvir Sadiq is the Advisor to the former chief minister of Jammu and Kashmir Mr. Omar Abdullah .
Tanvir Sadiq is from Kashmir- a place torn by conflict but at the same time defined by dazzling, pristine beauty. Born in Srinagar into a political family, He did his schooling from Burn Hall School, Srinagar, and Tyndale Biscoe Memorial. Afterward, He earned a bachelor's degree in Information Technology and Management.
He commenced his political career as an elected corporator (City council member). He then became the Spokesperson of the grand old party ofJammu & Kashmir National Conference party. This was followed by a stint as political secretary to the former Chief Minister of Jammu and Kashmir Mr. Omar Abdullah. He is now the political advisor to him. The former was a government position and the latter is a party political one.
Tanvir was a part of the International visitors leadership program of the United States of America. The IVLP is one of the US Governments most prestigious professional programs for International opinion leaders. Three former PM’s and many former CM’s have been a part of this program in the past. He was amongst the 8 politicians invited by the United States of America under the auspices of their International visitor leadership program entitled “U.S Legislative processes for young political leaders.
Tanvir has also been a part of the delegation by the British High Commission for the “Indian politicians visit to the UK” He was amongst the 12-member delegation comprising leaders cutting across party lines across India. The visits objective was to deepen the delegates’ understanding of the UK. British politics, domestic policy priorities, foreign policy, and trade and investment ambitions.
His hobbies pertain largely to politics. He states this passion by writing on politics, social issues and matters relating to empowerment of youth and women. He has contributed in various local, national and International newspapers like The Gulf News, the Hindu, India Today and the Greater Kashmir. Being the media panelist for his party, He represents it on various news channels both nationally and internationally and is also a known blogger.
Politics in Kashmir is a risky vocation: He and his family have survived almost a dozen attacks but that has not deterred him from the desire to work towards public good. He is committed to principals and ideals of his party-notwithstanding the danger and risks.(Courtesy Kashmir Blog )
Early life and education
Born on 7 January at Srinagar into a political family, Sadiq did his schooling at the Burn Hall Srinagar, and Tyndale Biscoe Memorial. Afterward he earned a bachelor's degree in Information Technology and Management.
He was the Head of the National Conference Cyber Cell, was elected as a corporator (member of city council) of the Srinagar Municipal Corporation, was re-elected as the Leader of the Opposition and was a mayoral candidate twice. Sadiq worked as a member of two prestigious committees of the corporation and represented the corporation at various seminars.
Tanvir was the political advisor to former Chief Minister of Jammu and Kashmir.
Tanvir is a prominent voice & the media face of the party. He is an ardent supporter of Chief Minister Omar Abdullah.
Achievements and present stand
He remains a staunch supporter of Omar Abdullah and has been writing extensively in his favour with arguments. He believes Omar Abdullah has not only a lot of potential but the only one who can deliver. He has been attacked for his outburst against the atrocities committed by the Paramilitary and the Militants and has been harassed a number of times by some agencies for his criticism over the human rights issue. His passport had also been withheld reportedly on this pretext. Sadiq writes for Jammu and Kashmir's largest circulated newspaper the Greater Kashmir and sometimes for other local papers like the Kashmir Times.
Tanvir is also a columnist for India's largest News Papers India today "Apply the same yard stick"  Mail Today "This year, India must keep violence out of politics"  Daily Mail UK "Does India need a Hero". He also writes for the Gulf News and the Hindu.
Tanvir believes that Kashmir's destiny lies in communal harmony and brotherly relations between India and Pakistan, that will make borders irrelevant and give the youth of the state an opportunity to contribute to the removal of barriers. He also believes that to ensure the success of the peace process, youth must have a say and their fate should not be left in the hands of people who neither understand the global compulsions nor the economic aspects of modern-day polity.
1. Restoration of Autonomy to the state of Jammu and Kashmir 2. Revocation of AFSPA from areas which are peaceful 3. Empowerment of youth & women.
- A sub-continental conference of the Indo-Pak youth both in Srinagar and Muzaffarabad.
- Persuade both India and Pakistan for greater student exchange between the two countries.
- Environmental awareness. Both in two parts of the state and devising a solution that can safeguard the environment.
- Considering the substantial damage that the state has suffered from various natural calamities, formulate a comprehensive disaster management policy with total involvement of the youth on both sides.
- [dead link]
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 9 April 2012. Retrieved 2012-04-09.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "Jammu and Kashmir CM Omar Abdullah picks Tanvir Sadiq as National Conference spokesman : North, News - India Today". Indiatoday.intoday.in. 2012-04-22. Retrieved 2016-12-01.
- "Jammu & Kashmir National Conference :: HOME". Jknc.in. 2010-12-05. Retrieved 2016-12-01.
- "Srinagar Municipal Corporation ::. Official Website of Srinagar Municipal Corporation, J&K-Constituency". Smcsite.org. Retrieved 2016-12-01.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 18 July 2011. Retrieved 2010-05-06.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- Let Omar Continue Archived 30 June 2011 at the Wayback Machine
- "Archive News". The Hindu. Retrieved 2016-12-01.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 12 February 2011. Retrieved 2010-06-23.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- [dead link]
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 26 July 2011. Retrieved 2010-03-12.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "Feb 09-Newspaper Watch". Sarcajc.com. Archived from the original on 1 December 2016. Retrieved 1 December 2016.
- "Apply the same yardstick, says Tanvir Sadiq : Tanvir Sadiq, News - India Today". Indiatoday.intoday.in. 2014-02-26. Retrieved 2016-12-01.
- Sadiq, Tanvir (2014-01-02). "This year, India must keep violence out of politics | Daily Mail Online". Dailymail.co.uk. Retrieved 2016-12-01.
- "Does India need a hero? : Tanvir Sadiq, News - India Today". Indiatoday.intoday.in. 2014-01-25. Retrieved 2016-12-01.
- [dead link]
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 1 February 2009. Retrieved 2010-03-10.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- [dead link]
- The Gulf News The cynical assumptions of Delhi
- The Hindu Resolving the Kashmir impasse
- India Today/Mail Today Jammu and Kashmir CM Omar Abdullah picks Tanvir Sadiq as National Conference spokesman
- The Asian Age.Tanvir Sadiq, Sokesperson for National Conference[permanent dead link]
- Conveyor Magazine (2010).Past Haunts Passports, page 40
- The Times of India.Tanvir Sadiq attacked
- The Hindu (2007).PDP Leader escapes bid on life.
- The OUTLOOK India Magazine.Mayoral Candidate
- The Daily Excelsior (2008).Councillor Attacked
- YouTube (2010). Kashmir.The Young Leaders
- Srinagar Municipal Corporation (2010).SMC WEBSITE.
- The Tribune India.PDP Councillor
- The Rising Kashmir (2008–2010).Mandate[permanent dead link]
- Kashmir As I See It (2010).BLOG.
- DNA Denied party Ticket
- Greater Kashmir (2002–2010).Perspective OP-ED, Kashmir Press, 2002–2010.
- The Daily Excelsior.NC MLA, family escape bid on life
- The Kashmir Times Editorial[permanent dead link]
- Independent Voice Power Politics[permanent dead link]
- Election Office Affidavit Details of Tanvir Sadiq Ali