September 7, 1977
|Other names||Trevor Watson, Tanya Hyde|
Tanya Hyde began as a hardcore actress in the mid-90s, performing in such titles as Cumming to Ibiza, but soon moved into directing. Between 1998 and 2000, she directed five films for Private Media Group's Pirate Video Deluxe series, all featuring Hungarian porn star Monique Covét in the lead role, the first of which was Xtreme Desires. As a result, Covét quickly became one of Private's most popular and best-known starlets, and Hyde likewise acquired a reputation for her stylish and imaginative brand of fetish-oriented hardcore eroticism. British porn actor Tony De Sergio and French porn actor Kevin Long have also appeared in many of Hyde's films from this period and after.
Since 2004, Tanya Hyde has been a prolific director of hardcore fetish titles for the British adult film production company Harmony Films. Based in London, Hyde specializes in fetish-themed hardcore films. Content-wise, her work typically features performers in leather, latex and rubber fetish costuming and caters to an interest in kink and fetish play, BDSM play, group sex, anal sex, pegging and fucking machines. Her technical style is characterized by frequent use of colored filters, slow and fast motion photography, unconventional camera angles, dark atmospheric lighting and studio-dubbed soundtracks. To date, she has directed more than 30 films.
Awards and nominations
- 2001 AVN Award – Best Director, Foreign Release (Hell, Whores and High Heels)
- 2006 Tacón de Aguja Award winner - Best Director (Sex Club - Harmony)
- 2007 Adam Film World Guide Award winner – Best Foreign Director
- 2007 Adam Film World Guide Award winner – Best Foreign Fetish Film (Maison Erotique - Evil Angel/Harmony)
- 2014 AVN Award winner – Best Director, Foreign Non-Feature (The House of Sin - Harmony Films)
- "Jody Healy". Bgafd.co.uk. Retrieved 2014-04-17.
- Staff. "Tanya Hyde". AFD. Retrieved 23 April 2014.
- Staff. "Tanya Hyde". IAFD. Retrieved 23 April 2014.
- Tod Hunter (2008-09-05). "Harmony Films California-Bound". XBIZ.com. Retrieved 2010-01-03.
- "AVN Awards Past Winners". AVN.com. Archived from the original on October 1, 2009. Retrieved 2010-01-03.
- "The FICEB Ninfa, Tacón de Aguja and HeatGay Awards". Web.archive.org. 2007-06-09. Archived from the original on June 11, 2010. Retrieved 2014-04-17.
- "Adam Film World Announces Annual Award Winners". AVN.com. 2008-04-25. Retrieved 2010-01-03.
- "AVN Announces the Winners of the 2014 AVN Awards". Business.avn.com. 2014-01-21. Retrieved 2014-04-17.