Tanya Wexler in 2011
August 6, 1970|
Chicago, Illinois, United States
|Spouse(s)||Amy Zimmerman (m. 2004)|
Susan Jeanne Metzger
Daryl Hannah (sister)|
Page Hannah (sister)
Early life and education
Wexler is the daughter of Chicago real estate developer Jerrold Wexler, and his second wife, Susan Jeanne (Metzger). She is the niece of cinematographer Haskell Wexler. Her mother has two other daughters, Daryl Hannah and Page Hannah, as well as a son, Donald, from a previous marriage. She attended Yale University ('92) where she was roommates with actress Bellamy Young. Wexler also holds an MFA from Columbia University ('95).
Wexler met her future wife, Amy Zimmerman, while they were both students at Yale University. Wexler and Zimmerman married on May 19, 2004 in Massachusetts, the first U.S. state to issue marriage licenses to same-sex couples. They have four children, son Jerrold Zimmerman-Wexler (b.1999) and daughters Ella (b.2000), Ruby (b.2003), and Violet Zimmerman-Wexler (b.2006).
- "Tanya Wexler". Vancouver International Film Festival. Retrieved September 8, 2012.
- Chicago Tribune: "Filmmaker and Lincoln Park native Tanya Wexler on her romantic comedy 'Hysteria'" by Nina Metz May 24, 2012
- Crain's Chicago Business: "HEIR-SPLITTING" By Betsy Wangensteen March 24, 1997
- Lambert, Bruce (November 12, 1992). "Jerrold Wexler, 68; Chicago Developer Who Built Empire". Retrieved September 6, 2017 – via NYTimes.com.
- Wexler, Tanya. https://twitter.com/TanyaWexler/status/652965124605636608. Retrieved October 10, 2015. Missing or empty
- "Amy Zimmerman & Tanya Wexler".
- "Opening Up Marriage in Mass".
- "Tanya Wexler-IMDB".
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Tanya Wexler.|