Tanzania at the 2012 Summer Olympics
|Tanzania at the|
2012 Summer Olympics
|NOC||Tanzania Olympic Committee|
|Competitors||6 in 3 sports|
|Flag bearer||Zakia Mrisho Mohamed|
|Summer Olympics appearances (overview)|
Tanzania competed at the 2012 Summer Olympics in London, United Kingdom from 27 July to 12 August 2012. This was the nation's twelfth appearance at the Olympics, except the 1976 Summer Olympics in Montreal, because of the African boycott.
The Tanzanian Olympic Committee sent the nation's smallest delegation to the Games since 2000. A total of six athletes, four men and two women, competed only in athletics, boxing, and swimming. Half of the team have competed in Beijing, including marathon runner Zakia Mrisho Mohamed, who eventually became the nation's flag bearer at the opening ceremony.
Tanzania, however, failed to win its first ever Olympic medal since the 1980 Summer Olympics in Moscow, where steeplechase runner Filbert Bayi, and long-distance runner Suleiman Nyambui won silver for each of their respective sporting events.
- Note–Ranks given for track events are within the athlete's heat only
- Q = Qualified for the next round
- q = Qualified for the next round as a fastest loser or, in field events, by position without achieving the qualifying target
- NR = National record
- N/A = Round not applicable for the event
- Bye = Athlete not required to compete in round
|Zakia Mrisho Mohamed||5000 m||15:39.58||16||Did not advance|
Tanzania has so far qualified boxers for the following events
|Athlete||Event||Round of 32||Round of 16||Quarterfinals||Semifinals||Final|
|Selemani Salum Kidunda||Welterweight|| Belous (MDA)
|Did not advance|
|Ammaar Ghadiyali||100 m freestyle||1:01.07||55||Did not advance|
|Magdalena Moshi||100 m freestyle||1:05.80||45||Did not advance|
- "iaaf.org – Top Lists". IAAF. Retrieved 4 June 2011.
- IAAF Games of the XXX Olympiad – London 2012 ENTRY STANDARDS (PDF), IAAF, retrieved 4 June 2011
- "Final African Olympic Quota Places revealed". AIBA. 5 May 2012. Retrieved 5 May 2012.