This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (September 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Okamoto in 2013
|Born||May 22, 1985|
|Years active||1999; 2006–present|
|Height||5 ft 9.5 in (1.77 m)|
Tao Okamoto (岡本 多緒, Okamoto Tao, born May 22, 1985), known professionally as Tao, is a Japanese actress and model. In 2009, she was one of the faces of Ralph Lauren. She made her film debut as the female lead Mariko Yashida in the 2013 film The Wolverine; and played Mercy Graves in the 2016 film Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. She's had recurring roles in the television series Hannibal, The Man in the High Castle and Westworld.
In 2006, she made a decision to move to Paris and develop her career on an international level. Soon after that, Tao made her debut on the European runways, one of the few prominent East Asian models of that era. She has modelled for brands including Alexander Wang, Chanel, Dolce & Gabbana, Fendi, Louis Vuitton, Michael Kors, Miu Miu, Ralph Lauren, and Yves Saint Laurent.
Tao has worked in advertising and editorial projects. She has fronted campaigns such as Dolce & Gabbana with Mario Testino, Emporio Armani by Alasdair McLellan, Kenzo with Mario Sorrenti, and Tommy Hilfiger with Craig McDean. Editorially, she has shot for i-D Magazine, V Magazine, W Magazine, and various international editions of Harper's Bazaar and Vogue.
The November 2009 issue of Vogue Nippon (Japanese Vogue) is dedicated to Tao. She was the Japan Fashion Editor's Club "Model of the Year" and was one of Vogue Nippon's "Women of the Year" in 2010.
In 2013, Tao made her film debut as Mariko Yashida, opposite Hugh Jackman, in The Wolverine. In October 2014, it was announced that she had joined the cast of Hannibal as Chiyoh, Hannibal Lecter's family servant.
In January 2015, it was announced that Tao would star in the film Crossroads with Alodia Gosiengfiao. In 2015, Tao appeared in The Man in the High Castle as Betty Kasoura, wife of lawyer Paul Kasoura and a customer at Robert Childan's American Artistic Handcrafts. In 2016, Tao played Mercy Graves in the film Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.
Okamoto has modeled for Alexander McQueen, Alexander Wang, Burberry Prorsum, Bottega Veneta, Chanel, Dolce & Gabbana, Donna Karan, Emanuel Ungaro, Fendi, Giorgio Armani, Givenchy, Hermès, Jean-Paul Gaultier, Kenzo, Louis Vuitton, Marc Jacobs, Maison Martin Margiela, Max Mara, Miu Miu, Moschino, Paul Smith, Phillip Lim, Ralph Lauren, Salvatore Ferragamo, Tommy Hilfiger, Vivienne Westwood, Yves Saint Laurent and more.
In 2015, Okamoto married Tenzin Wild, the Co-Editor-in-Chief of The Last Magazine.
|2013||The Wolverine||Mariko Yashida||Feature film debut|
|2014||Chi no Wadachi||Toko Sakagami||Mini-series on Japanese TV|
|2015||The Man in the High Castle||Betty||4 episodes|
|2016||Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice||Mercy Graves|
|2018||Laplace's Witch||Rei Kirimiya|
- "TAO-Official site - May 2013".
- "J-C interview - 2012". Archived from the original on 2013-04-15.
- "Tao Okamoto - Model Profile - Photos & latest news". Models.com. Retrieved 2013-08-04.
- "Tao Okamoto - Fashion Model - Profile on New York Magazine". Nymag.com. Retrieved 2013-08-04.
- Kessler, Max (2013-03-18). "Tao Okamoto, beautiful people 2013 by Max Kessler". Paper Mag. Retrieved 2013-08-04.
- "Superman/Batman: Holly Hunter, Callan Mulvey, Tao Okamoto join cast". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved 2014-04-03.
- Betker, Ally. "Tao Okamoto on 15 Years of Modeling and her New Superhero-Film Roles". Vogue. Retrieved 2021-02-20.
- The Deadline Team. "Tao Okamoto Cast In 'Hannibal'; 'Complications' Adds 2". Deadline.
- "Alodia Gosiengfiao".
- Patrick Hipes. "Mary Lynn Rajskub Joins 'Highston'; Tao Okamoto In 'Man In The High Castle' - Deadline". Deadline.
- "Tao Okamoto Photos on". Style.com. Retrieved 2013-08-05.
- "Homepage of supermodel Tao Okamoto. Fashion and modeling pictures, movies, scans, photos, shows, model agencies and a biography". Supermodels.nl. Retrieved 2013-08-04.
- "Model and 'Batman' Actress Tao Okamoto is Married". WWD Women's Wear Daily. May 4, 2016. Retrieved May 13, 2016.
- "Tao Okamoto - IMDb". 2014-04-03. Retrieved 2014-04-03.
- "WOWOW Japanese site". 2014-04-03. Retrieved 2014-04-03.