29 September 1958
Chandannagar, West Bengal, India
Member of parliament (MP)
|Political party||All India Trinamool Congress|
|Member of the Indian Parliament
|Preceded by||Jyotirmoyee Sikdar|
|Preceded by||Saugata Roy|
|Succeeded by||Firhad Hakim|
Tapas Paul (born Tapas Paul on 29 September 1958) is a Bengali actor and politician from Kolkata, West Bengal, India. He is a Member of Parliament from Krishnanagar having won in the 2014 Indian General Elections on a Trinamool Congress ticket. He was arrested by C.B.I for alleged link to Rose Valley Chit Fund chitfund scam in December 2016.
On 31 December, Paul was arrested for his alleged involvement in the Ponzi firm Rose Valley Group.
On 11January 2017, Bharatiya Janata Party MP Babul Supriyo filed a complaint against Paul along with AITC MP Saugata Roy and MLA Mahua Moitra for falsely accusing him of being involved in the Rose Valley scam.
- Detailed Profile: Shri Tapas Paul india.gov.in. Retrieved 16 October 2012
- Tapas Paul netapedia.in. Retrieved 16 October 2012
- "CBI arrests Trinamool MP Tapas Pal".
- "Rose Valley Scam : Making of the Rs 60,000 Crore Chit Fund Scandal".
- "Rose Valley scam".
- "Rose Valley chit fund scam".
- Bengali Cinema: Tapas Pal calcuttaweb.com. Retrieved 16 October 2012
- "Kalakar award winners" (PDF). Kalakar website. Archived from the original (PDF) on 25 April 2012. Retrieved 16 October 2012.
- Wind in my hairindiatoday.intoday.in. Retrieved 16 October 2012