Tapatío hot sauce
|Founder||Jose-Luis Saavedra, Sr.|
|Scoville scale||3,000 SHU|
The ingredients, as listed on the product label, are water, red peppers, salt, spices, garlic, acetic acid, xanthan gum and sodium benzoate as a preservative. Tapatío comes in five sizes: 5, 10, and 32 fluid ounces, and 1 gallon (3.785 liters), as well as in 7-gram packets. The sauce overall has a Scoville heat scale rating of 3,000, hotter than Sriracha.
The product slogan is "Es una salsa ... Muy salsa" (very saucy").
This section needs additional citations for verification. (April 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The Tapatío Hot Sauce company was started in 1971 by Jose-Luis Saavedra, Sr., in a 750-square-foot (70 m2) warehouse in Maywood, California. In 1985, the company moved to a 8,500-square-foot (790 m2) facility in Vernon, California, 5 miles (8.0 km) from Downtown Los Angeles. Although larger than the first location, the new factory had a single loading dock and limited storage space, which created a new series of problems for the company. After a long search, a site was found for a developer to custom-build a new 30,000-square-foot (2,800 m2) facility, which Tapatío presently occupies. The new factory has several loading docks and automated production.
- "Ultimate Guide to the Best Hot Sauces". Supergirl. March 30, 2017. Retrieved 16 September 2017.
- Doritos Tapatío. Frito-Lay Product Page.
- Ruffles Tapatío Limon. Frito-Lay Product Page.
- Fritos Tapatío. Frito-Lay Product Page.
- Press Release on new Frito-Lay Tapatío Hot Sauce Flavors. Frito-Lay Press Release Archive.
- Tapatio Hot Sauce|Es una salsa...Muy salsa. Accessed January 2017.