A tape edge machine is a type of sewing machine used in the bedding industry to finish the top and bottom edges of a mattress. The machine is used to stitch the top and bottom panels of a mattress to the mattress edge, and to cover that raw edge with a protective tape or ribbon. Some tape-edge machines are fully automated, capable of turning corners and flipping the mattress without involvement from the operator.
- "Mattress industry glossary". BedTimes. Retrieved 21 February 2019.
- Nelles, Barbara T. (2 June 2016). "The Future Is Now: New Equipment Technology For Mattress Makers". BedTimes. Retrieved 21 February 2019.
- Nelles, Barbara T. (8 November 2016). "How Affordable, Trendy Mattress Tapes and Ribbons Enliven Today's Beds". BedTimes. Retrieved 21 February 2019.
- "Jumpsource, Union Special Partner to Design, Sell Mattress Sewing Equipment". BedTimes. 20 June 2016. Retrieved 22 February 2019.
- US 1857371 Gail, John F. (10 May 1932). "Mechanism for sewing mattresses".
- US 3031985 Kalning, Frederick E.; Redman, Howard E. (1 May 1962). "Tape edge sewing machine".
- US 3062160 Cash, Sr. James A.; Cash, David R. (6 November 1962). "Mattress edge-sewing apparatus with operator's platform".
- US 3641954 Kalning, Frederick E.; Redman, Howard E. (15 February 1972). "Mattress edge binding machine and method of edge binding".