Harrison County, Ohio,|
|Basin countries||United States|
|Surface area||2,350 acres (9.5 km2)|
|Surface elevation||892 ft (272 m)|
The lake covers 2,350 acres (9.5 km2) of water and 5,000 acres (20 km2) of surrounding land, as part of the Muskingum Watershed Conservancy District. Normal pool elevation is 899.3 ft (274.1 m) above sea level. The lake has a 399 horsepower (298 kW) limit for boats. There are two public launch ramps - one near the roadside rest area on U.S. 250, and the other across from Tappan Marina. A third launch ramp is located inside Tappan Lake Park.
- "Tappan Lake". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-05-04.
- Welcome to Tappan Lake. Muskingun Watershed Conservancy District. Accessed February 14, 2008. Archived January 2, 2008, at the Wayback Machine.
- "map of Tappan Lake region (between Cadiz, OH and Dover, OH)". maps.google. Retrieved 29 January 2015.
- Cross, Tom (2008). Fishing Ohio: An Angler's Guide to Over 200 Fishing Spots in the Buckeye State. Globe Pequot Press. p. 184. ISBN 978-0-7627-4326-1.
- "Ohio Ghost Towns". Retrieved 14 February 2015.
|This Harrison County, Ohio state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|